Author Topic: "We got a Bleeder!"  (Read 9223 times)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
Re: "We got a Bleeder!"
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 02:13:38 AM »
Aha! Another sly guy with head moles! They drive me insane, the number of times I've cut them!

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2013, 03:39:42 AM »
Aha! Another sly guy with head moles! They drive me insane, the number of times I've cut them!

I've had them frozen twice now -- hoping this time [3 days ago] they will die and go straight to hell where they belong. Then my shaving will be so much quicker although I found that with the HB Sport I could "drive" over them if they're not damaged.

They certainly have a terrific blood supply.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 04:13:15 AM »
Well I managed to give myself another little bleed on the weekend.

Again I was rushing, moving the razor way too quick. You think I would learn lol

Much less severe but still a little blood.
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:30 AM »
Gee whizz, you've gone from not cutting yourself for months, to twice (in a month?). Don't make us re-issue those L-plates mate. You'll have to redo those 120 hours, or whatever they are upto (do they have to do that in Canberra, they do in Victoria) these days.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
I sweat I posted this...

Forty years ago I was shaving and sliced into my nose. This was the era of DE and so I bled immediately and copiously. Soon I was at the gushing stage and remembered that the body only has 14 quarts of blood in it and I didn't want to push my luck. As happened, the father in law of my best friend was a vascular surgeon and so I called him. Depending on how you see things this was lucky/unlucky day for me in that the doctor was in and took my call. After a brief-he cut me off-explanation of the nasal tragedy he said, "S...K, there are very few to no capillaries in your nose and on your head. Take cold, damp towels and apply a lot of  pressure and it will stop eventually". Click.

My wound had already eaten a styptic pencil, drunk a bottle of ST-37 and had bloodied a fair number of towels but...this was doctors orders and, of course, he was right.
That said, if you have wens, eruptions, moles, hickies, white heads, black heads etc. that you can scrape and will bleed be aware of them but don't go into panic overdrive. It will get better.

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »
I sweat I posted this...

Forty years ago I was shaving and sliced into my nose. This was the era of DE and so I bled immediately and copiously. Soon I was at the gushing stage and remembered that the body only has 14 quarts of blood in it and I didn't want to push my luck. As happened, the father in law of my best friend was a vascular surgeon and so I called him. Depending on how you see things this was lucky/unlucky day for me in that the doctor was in and took my call. After a brief-he cut me off-explanation of the nasal tragedy he said, "S...K, there are very few to no capillaries in your nose and on your head. Take cold, damp towels and apply a lot of  pressure and it will stop eventually". Click.

My wound had already eaten a styptic pencil, drunk a bottle of ST-37 and had bloodied a fair number of towels but...this was doctors orders and, of course, he was right.
That said, if you have wens, eruptions, moles, hickies, white heads, black heads etc. that you can scrape and will bleed be aware of them but don't go into panic overdrive. It will get better.
Wow, would recomend being more careful !  ;) O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 04:05:54 AM »
I actually cut my mole almost every time, but it stops bleeding really quickly so it doesnt bother me, and because of the witch hazel, it doesn't even scab.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 02:04:28 AM »
Gee whizz, you've gone from not cutting yourself for months, to twice (in a month?). Don't make us re-issue those L-plates mate. You'll have to redo those 120 hours, or whatever they are upto (do they have to do that in Canberra, they do in Victoria) these days.

Lol thanks Beardman..... My license has been revoked :p
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »

Any time cobber!

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 02:05:24 AM »

Any time cobber!

Thanks Digger!
Lynchy

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2013, 02:56:24 AM »

Any time cobber!

Thanks Digger!

Fair dinkum, dinky di, true blue. Streuth. Oh well, better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:53 AM »
No body likes a show off Gaz  :*))

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2013, 03:47:32 AM »
Fair call.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2013, 04:19:29 AM »
Lol you crazy kids :p
Lynchy

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 04:26:54 AM »
Nothing with playing a bit of silly buggers once in a while.