Author Topic: "...Wait an Hour"  (Read 3356 times)

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
"...Wait an Hour"
« on: January 19, 2010, 03:38:54 PM »
I know this has been covered a few times in the "your shave routine" thread but I feel it deserves mentioning again.

I think it was one of Saintc's posts that I first read about waiting an hour after waking in the morning to shave the dome.  For months I would wake each morning and within 25 minutes would have showered and shaved.  The result, super smooth, super sly.  Then around 2:00 or 3:00 pm, like clockwork, I would begin to notice the velcro slowly creeping it's way back.  I thought this was just the way it was going to be, the way my hair was going to grow. 

Then I noticed a post suggesting waiting an hour after waking to actually shave the head.  This has now become my daily routine.  It is amazing how long I can keep a very smooth dome by following this simple rule.  I usually don't notice any stubble until 6:00 or 7:00 pm. 

I know we're all on the mission of achieving the perfect shave, and I feel by adopting this one rule it will get you that much closer.  I guess I just thought it was worth mentioning, again.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: "...Wait an Hour"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
Good mention.  I often forget to do the same thing and then regret it later in the day.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Sgt. Pate

• Sly Bureau
  • ~ Semper Fi ~ Sly Till I Die! ~
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
That Saintc is one fart smeller... ah, I mean ah, smart feller!  :*))

"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." - Clint Smith

Offline ozzie

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 06:58:59 PM »
^^^^^^ yeah .... what the Sarge said ^^^^^^   ;D
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom – Bertrand Russell

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 06:49:07 AM »
I didn't remember that tip....... probably because I ignore everything the Saint says!! :*)) :*)) ;)
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Offline mangosink12572

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Wonderful SHINY BALD
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 11:28:02 AM »
Dawgfay - - - -I have changed my shaving time also - - -I always shaved at 6 in the morning and now I shave in the shower at 8 and I have a smooth dome until 6-7 like you said  - - -I hated the velcro in the afternoon  2-3   - - -it sure does make a difference

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:59 PM »
Alot of the "myth" of waiting an hour or even half hour is the fact that your hydration levels are low when you wake up and the lack of water/fluids in your body will leave your hair, stubble and scalp dry and tough, My advice, have some carbs like a banana or some oatmeal that has the carbs to help draw intracellular fluid and bananas have potassium which will help pull water into your skin and muscles and drink 32-62 oz of water, B vitamins also help...predominantly B-6 and B-5. EFA's like fish oil and flax also help with the numerous skin conditions.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:01:45 PM by ShadowSide »

Offline dawgfan

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »
Alot of the "myth" of waiting an hour or even half hour is the fact that your hydration levels are low when you wake up and the lack of water/fluids in your body will leave your hair, stubble and scalp dry and tough, My advice, have some carbs like a banana or some oatmeal that has the carbs to help draw intracellular fluid and bananas have potassium which will help pull water into your skin and muscles and drink 32-62 oz of water, B vitamins also help...predominantly B-6 and B-5. EFA's like fish oil and flax also help with the numerous skin conditions.

...or...you could just wait an hour  >:D 

Sorry Shadow, I couldn't resist!  That is good information though.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 05:03:02 PM »
Or you could just wait an hour  :P

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 02:27:02 PM »
I didn't remember that tip....... probably because I ignore everything the Saint says!! :*)) :*)) ;)

Yeah, most folks do that.  But a few of them are in jail, that happens to those people when you're a lawyer. ;D ;D ;D

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »
hey dawgfan:  i try my best 2 wait atleast an hour prior 2 my morning head shave but sometimes during those few times that i "oversleep" and i can't wait an hour. >:(  the dome definitely stays smooooother longer if one waits atleast an hour.  thanks 4 reminding us. O0  i hope this can help some of our new head shavers. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Rob

• Sly Bureau
  • British baldy since 2006
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 06:30:21 AM »
I always leave off shaving the dome for as long as I can in the morning (always do it before I go out though!) and it certainly does stay smoother longer.  I remember the advice from SBG's way back (can't remember if it was Saint I read it off though! 8))

Enter your email address: