Author Topic: Gillette Skinguard review  (Read 3194 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Gillette Skinguard review
« on: February 03, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »
I tried the new Gillette Skinguard today. Usually, Gillettes aren't my favorite. They seem to irritate and cut me more than they should. I like Schick, preferring the Quattro. This one intrigued me though, because it's specifically made for sensitive skin, which I have. So after reading a couple of rave reviews, I decided to give it a try. It's built like a Fusion 5 and feels the same in your hand. The difference is the blades are spaced in a unique way, It feels REALLY gentle on the skin. In fact, you will wonder at first if it's doing it's job at all, that's how little you feel. I kept checking whenever I made a pass, but it shaved right to the skin. And it does what they say it will, virtually NO irritation. This is without a doubt one of the FINEST razors I have ever used. EXTREMELY close, smooth, comfortable shave. It's at least as good as the Schick Quattro, maybe better. I also tried Gillette's new PURE shaving Gel. It doesn't have fragrance or many harsh chemicals like some of the canned variety is notorious for. Has a nice cooling sensation too, I recommend it as well. Great job Gillette, you've really outdone yourself this time!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Gillette Skinguard review
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 12:03:12 PM »
@Miller1989 Thank you for the review!  Would you say this gets as close of a shave as the Fusion?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 01:21:24 PM »
Oh for sure! Maybe even a little better.

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 04:53:12 PM »
They don't sell it in Canada, at least not yet!

Offline artudo123

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 06:12:19 PM »
So they are being sold in Canada now and they're cheaper than regular ProShield or ProGlide razors. Once I run out of Mach 3 cartridges I'm going to try it out!

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 06:43:28 PM »
It's for sure worth it! And they're cheaper than the Fusion, Proglide, and Proshield here in the US as well.

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 07:18:20 PM »
Just bought the thing. $10 at Target. Owww. Hope it's good.  By the way, the smallest cartridge refill package was more than $14 for just four refills.

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 08:47:06 PM »
Just tried this new razor as cleanup when using my Omnishaver. I figured it would have two advantages over the typical cartridge razor:  fewer blades - just 2 - that are widely spaced, and a shave designed to be mild. These  benefits shone through,  no clogging and I didn't hack my skin up even with a razor used only once before.  (I never try a new razor on my head first, preferring a test run on my face, which is less tricky territory.)   It's excellent -- less stubble, almost BBS.  I was too concerned to try it by itself versus almost a week of growth.  Next time, I'll be braver and use just the Gillette Skinguard.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 11:26:54 PM by rico »

Offline rico

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 02:02:37 PM »
I just tried to leave a review on  Amzn because I think this is one of the best cartridges for headshaving  The reviews were wildly uneven 1 star vs 5 and totaled up to a meh 3.5 stars.

I really like the product and can't see anyone giving it below a 3.  But I guess everyone has a different face, beard, and scalp.  And this wasn't just headshavers rating it. Most any headshaver razor with a cartridge will clog  like a son of a gun with just few days' growth, but this is super easy to clear. No more hand-wiping the blades. So it's one of best cartridges ever for headshaving. (I'll have to look for my Sensor 2-blade setup to see how it compares.)

From my brief testing, I believe it's better than the iconic  M3.

Anyway,  Amzn has BLOCKED any new reviews due to "unusual reviewing activity." Say what? I've never seen that before.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 02:32:45 PM by rico »