Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 364848 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
I'm going to try that Gillette Fusion Manual, thanks for the tips all.
WARRIOR...gr8 routine ya got there.  small fingernail brush, huh... man....that's something new.   btw....let us know your review on the gillette fusion manual....that is my weapon of choice.  the fusion (manual) rocks 4 me. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2007, 02:18:32 AM »
Warrior, if you have issues with ingrown hairs and razor bumps, check out Tend Skin (http://www.tendskin.com)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2007, 04:25:38 PM »
Hey warrior,

Use Bald Guyz Shave Gel and Moisture Gel after and you won't have a problem with razor bumps at all!

HBG

Offline whitetoast

• Sly Jr.
  • Big & Bald & SLY
    • What I do?
« Reply #168 on: September 21, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
Posted this over in another thread but should have gone here too...

I have used the headblade for a few years now, started with the classic and now use the sport with HB triple blades. I used the Atra Plus with the classic and also used the vibrating green and gray razor (can't remember the name since I havent used it in a few years now) For my face I usually use a disposable sensitive from Target, store brand. Seems to work great for me. I use the HeadBlade Lube on my head and face.

I have been reading about the exfoliating and asked my wife what that was all about - she said she had the St Ives Apricot Scub in the shower and she has had it in the shower since we moved in with each other 10 years ago (think I would have noticed it in the shower at least once in that time frame but no, never saw it until I ran up there tonight and checked) Gonna try that to see if it works...

I always shave in the shower with hot water. Then I use the Glossy HeadLube before I leave the bathroom...
http://www.nfsnet.com
http://www.whitetoast.us
[img width= height=]http://www.whitetoast.us/images/plate.jpg[/img]

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #169 on: September 22, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »
Lots of good information here, My routine:

I shave in the shower, hot water is a must.

Wash face and head with Neutrogena Skin clearing face wash

I then gently rub a small fingernail brush over the scalp and face to lift any ingrown hairs. I often have problems with ingrown hairs. ( lol don't laugh it works for me)

Lather face and scalp with Edge Advanced Sensitive Skin

Gillette Sensor3 Disposable razors,  I shave with the grain, rinse with cold water.

Magic Moisturizing After Shave Lotion. 

Alcohol is a must afterwards, I get razor bumps if I don't. (I may need to find an alternative)

I'm going to try that Gillette Fusion Manual, thanks for the tips all.

Try T N Dickinson Witch Hazel ,it's much more milder than alcohol but does the same thing . I've had very minimal "sting" if any at all

Offline n00tch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #170 on: September 25, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »
I use the Mach 3 as my razor of choice.

I generally start my routine by using an exfoliant ( St. Ives Apricot is really good ), rub down for a minute or two, and then let my head soak under the hot water for at least an additional five minutes, although ten is preferred.

I've been using Aveeno therapeutic shave gel and have been really happy with the results. I don't use any kind of cream or gel when I shave my face, so thanks to the forum guys for recommending this awesome product. I shave with the grain, and then against for some touch up.

After I'm done with my dome, I clean up with cold water and I'm done. Pretty simple. ;)

shakf

« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2007, 10:09:56 AM »
I shave every other day so here goes

1 - Wet my head a few times using hot water (hot as I can stand)

2 - Lather up with original source mint and tea tree.

3 - Use Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium which is a 4 blade razor always going with the grain.

4 - Again wet my head lather up and go for the 2nd pass with the grain.

5 - Check for missed spots etc etc..

6 - Facial shave with Gillette Fusion Power going over in 2 passes using shaving oil instead.

7 - Hop in shower wash with Hugo Boss shower gel

8- Dry thoroughly and apply Lanes Witch Hazel with Tea Tree on scalp followed by Hugo Boss shaving balm.

9 - Use aftershave on face followed by Hugo Boss shaving balm.

10 - Get dressed have breakfast drop kids off to school and go to work.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 02:31:47 PM by shakf »

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2007, 02:26:33 PM »
(1) Hot water on head in shower.
(2) Scrub with HeadShed or other scrub.
(3) Rinse. Apply HeadSlick.
(4) Shave against the grain and with the grain using HeadBlade Sport & HB Triple blades.
(5) Scrub again with HeadShed. Rinse.
(6) Go back and re-shave any missed spots from multiple angles.
(7) Rinse. Finish shower.
(8) Dry off ... but leave head to air-dry.
(9) Apply Bump Fighter Tea Tree Oil and/or HeadShade.
(A) Get dressed.
(B) Apply HeadLube.
(C) Go to chapel for Morning Prayer.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #173 on: September 26, 2007, 03:40:40 PM »
In previous posts I've confessed to using the Norelco to achieve slyness.  However, even with twice daily shaves, it never results in the enviable smoooooth of a blade shave.  My trepidation with blade shaving came from early experiences with the HB that resulted in some nicks & irritation of some small, flat, flesh-colored moles on my pate.  Even when I didn't draw blood, they would redden and become more noticable.  But I never completely gave up on the blade, and as I've used the HB more over the past month, I've become more proficient and had less irritation.  What I've found works best for me is King Of Shaves Alpha Oil alone, and the HB, and lately, as recently as this morning, I got a perfect, comfortable, no-nick, no-rash shave.  Ahhhh.  It's good. 

MLNHD 
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #174 on: September 26, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »
But I never completely gave up on the blade, and as I've used the HB more over the past month, I've become more proficient and had less irritation.  What I've found works best for me is King Of Shaves Alpha Oil alone, and the HB, and lately, as recently as this morning, I got a perfect, comfortable, no-nick, no-rash shave.  Ahhhh.  It's good. 

MLNHD 

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!   Glad to hear it's working well for you MLN, and as I've posted in other threads, it takes some patience and time, but it's well worth it. The KoS oil works great and I usually alternate it with the Headslick.
Nice to be smooth and sly, huh?     O0

Offline MLNHD

• Super Sly
« Reply #175 on: September 26, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »
Yeah, Xnew, the KoS oil is great.  Initially, it's surprising just how little of the stuff you need.  The first time I used it alone, I didn't expect it to work at all.  The key, though, as you know, is to keep applying water.  That makes the oil really slippery and results in nice blade glide.  I haven't figured out why it works better than foam or gel for me, but I'm happy to have found it works well.  Amazingly cheap and long-lasting. 

Best,

MLNHD
Sly addict since July 22, 2007.

shakf

« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2007, 03:55:59 AM »
Wow I used the HeadSlick this morning and was really surprised as to how little needs to be applied and how smooth it glides on the noggin. I also used the HB Sport but found doing the back very difficult so had to resort to using my Quattro.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2007, 04:20:57 AM »
Wow I used the HeadSlick this morning and was really surprised as to how little needs to be applied and how smooth it glides on the noggin. I also used the HB Sport but found doing the back very difficult so had to resort to using my Quattro.

Yeah, that HeadSlick is awesome shakf.   As for shaving the back of the noggin.  Be patient and stick with it and it will come.  When I first started witht he HB I almost gave up because of nicks.  Now it goes so quickly I can't believe it.  It just takes some getting used to.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 04:22:40 AM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2007, 04:26:43 AM »

I have found that a dime sized portion into a shave mug and whipped into a lather with a brush works so well with Headslick.

MLNHD, great to hear you are able to experience the joy of blade shaving without the irritation. As you do it more and more, your scalp will get used to it.

Offline baldntat05

• Sly
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2007, 08:32:07 PM »
Morning Shave:  (Wait about 15 minutes after waking to start)
1.  In the shower
2.  Saturate scalp with warm/hot water to soften stubble
3.  Lather up with Nivea for men gel
4.  Shave against the grain with Fusion
5.  Rinse
6.  Wash scalp with washcloth
7.  Relather and get any left over stubble
8.  Wash scalp with washcloth
9.  Cold water splash and it dries to the shine you see in the picture.

Evening Shave:
Same except at sink.

Enter your email address: