Author Topic: Your Shave Routine  (Read 362773 times)

Offline handlebar

• Sly
Re: Your Shave Routine
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
As long as it works Dan,thats what counts!!!

Jim

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2008, 07:47:26 PM »
Ok guys, I have been reading all the threads about shaving, bumps etc..and want to put out a challenge. Everyone has different remedies for razor bumps, a close shave etc. Mixing shave oul with shave cream, oil alone, etc, etc.

For the first 50 Sly Bald Guyz who want to try out Bald Guyz Shave Gel I will give them a tube FREE as long as they complete a survey and provide honest answers. Bald Guyz Shave Gel will provide a closer shave, help eliminate razor bumps and irritation (better when you combine it with Moisuture Gel after).

All you have to do is send the Email to me @   info@baldguyz.com and put Sly Shave Survey in the subject line. Provide your name and address and the shave gel will be on the way.

We want to PROVE that we have the best for the head and face and look forward to the challenge.

HBG

Offline brian.cali

• Learning the way of Sly
  • I like pop tarts
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »
1. Wash my head in hot water, sometimes I use facial scrub on my head, but usually I don't.

2. Apply GENEROUS amount of baby oil (yeah, i know it's a little gunky on the blades, but i like the lubrication).  And it does make your blades last longer.

3. Apply shaving gel

4. Shave; I use a double blade bic razor, I find that more blades do the job quicker; but the fewer the blades the closer the shave.  And I find I have more precision with fewer blades.  To me, shaving with a razor that has 4 blades is like shaving with a cheese grader.  I shave against the grain because it's faster.  Also after the first pass, I rub some water on my scalp to mix with the residual baby oil I have on my head.  Oil is good to shave with but it's hard to get the right penetration; too little time on your head and it's not very effective, put it on too long and it closes your pores.

5. Rinse  off my head with warm water.  I do this because I want to remove any excess baby oil from my head.  Baby oil is a good conditioner for the scalp, but you don't want too much on your head.

*  Sometimes I wash my head and let it dry so I can apply sunless tanning foam, but I hate doing it all of the time because it's just too time consuming.  I only do this step if I'm trying to look good.  I've heard a few members say they like to use cold water to close their pores after shaving, but aren't your pores going to close on their own anyway, what's the use of going from warm to cold so fast ?

** Do you guys ever notice that sometimes you get a better shave when the hair is grown out a bit, it makes me wonder if using hair clippers prior to    shaving is even useful ?

BALDANDRE

« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
Nice long first post BrianC!

Welcome bro...be sure to post in introductions...

.... so you get a proper welcome!

Keep it smooth brutha! 8)

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »

** Do you guys ever notice that sometimes you get a better shave when the hair is grown out a bit ...

Yes.

BALDANDRE

« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2008, 11:21:10 PM »

** Do you guys ever notice that sometimes you get a better shave when the hair is grown out a bit ...

Yes.

Uh, oh, already started ....

B.C, as you can see RazorX is the blabber mouth in this bunch! ;)

Offline joergHH

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2008, 08:56:32 AM »
what's the use of going from warm to cold so fast ?

** Do you guys ever notice that sometimes you get a better shave when the hair is grown out a bit, it makes me wonder if using hair clippers prior to    shaving is even useful ?

Thank you for intro. Welcome here, BrianC!

The cold water gives a good feeling after shaving.

When the hair is grown out a bit, it gets a smoother shave. But the velcro-feeling is so awful. And so I shave every day.

J

Offline jhickman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2008, 12:38:04 PM »
Maybe it feels like a closer shave is because its harder to find the spots you miss when you shave daily, or twice daily.   

My routine goes as follows:

1)  Start with a hot shower, make sure to get the blade nice and warm as well.

2)  Apricot scrub on the scalp

3)  Shave, sides first starting with the back of my head, then top last.  I find that I miss fewer spots around the crown of my head this way.

4)  Rinse and check for missed spots.

5)  Cold water rinse (head only!!!)

6)  Aloe lotion on the head and feel for any missed spots

7)  Banana boat dri-block sunscreen

Keeps me looking damn sly every day  ;D

buuckkweet

« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
I get out of bed....scratch my ass a few times on my way to the bathroom.  Raise the lid if I remember...stand there and yawn and stretch as Pete does his business...raise foot up to flush toilet...reach in shower turn on hot water....wait a few minutes..turn on cold water.  Jump in , close shower curtains.  Hop around in shower because standing water in teh bottom is hot because i let the hot water run too long...Get comfy under the shower spray.  Let it run down on my noggin.  use what ever masculine body soap that is closest...wash body, apply headslick, use headblade, rinse , turn off hot water ....rinse with cold....freeze ass off cause of cold water.  Towel dry off....go down stairs...walk out on porch to get morning newspaper, give the lesbian lady across teh street a heart attack because im only standing there in my towel.  Go back in make a pitstop by the fridge to get some aloe vera ( and an icecube if I hadnt taken one up wiht me for the shower) , head to the basement where laundry is and pull out my wrinkled clothes from the dryer.  Back up stairs....and off to work I go.
Timmay

ROFLMAO ;D

That is just SO wrong!!!!!!!!! 8)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:35:26 PM by buuckkweet »

Offline DaveDorm

• Trekkie
  • Sly Jr.
    • DaveDorm
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
I find head shaving very enjoyable. As for the routine, I am down to 7-10 minutes in the shower. This is if I do it daily. if I skip a day, it takes longer because I get some serious Velcro Stubble action after missing a shave.

It goes a little something like this...

• Hot lather, soap the dome.
  • Apply apricot scrub, srub scalp and face. Rinse.
  • Apply HeadSlick. Shave with the grain.
  • Rinse. Lather head a second time. Rinse.
  • Apply HeadSlick. Shave against the grain.
  • Cold water rinse. Exit shower.
  • Touch up any missed patches with standard Atra razor. Shave face.
  • Apply splash-on after shave (I use a generic of Skin Bracer)
  • If scalp is a little on the dry side, apply some Nivea Soft.

I can sink shave, and do sometimes if I need to touch-up before going out or something. But a full shave actually takes longer, the hot shower and lots of water makes it go easier.

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2008, 03:04:42 PM »
Ok guys here goes. I'm still a sink shaver and I think is has to do with watching myself shave in the mirror. I tried earlier this week to shave in the shower, but without the mirror I was dumbfounded so I ended up shaving back at the sink after my shower. I'm going to invest in one of those mirrors with the suction cups on the backside and mount it on the shower stall wall so I can be cool O:O like the rest of you who shave their noggins in the shower. It'll also cut down on my "get ready routine" time.

I shave every day and it goes something like this...

• Hot shower
  • Scrub head with apricot scrub
  • Rinse
  • Apply HeadSlick
  • Shave against the grain (front to back, sides, back to front)
  • Warm water rinse
  • Touch up any missed spots
  • Cold water rinse
  • Towel dry
  • Spray on Dermalogica Soothing Protection spray
  • Apply Coppertone Sport Continuous Spray sunscreen SPF 15
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

Offline Dalbs

« Reply #251 on: July 01, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »
Hey guys!!

I've been reading these forums for about a year now and felt it was about time i poseted.
So here is my routine at the min, feel free to offer any advice guys.

Right.....................

Jump in the shower and full wash with original source shower gel
Wash face and bonce with neutrogena exfoliating face wash
Apply shaving gel
Shave top of head first front to back, then sides from bottom to top, then back bottom to top with gilette fusion manual
Apply neutrogena exfoliating face wash on bonce again and feel for any missed spots
Wash head to toe with exfoliating body wash
Cold water rinse on head and face
Pat dry
Rub head and face down with Tea tree and witch hazel cleansing wipes
Apply tea tree and witch hazel shine control moisturiser on head and face
Lex Luthor wannabe!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
dalbs:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum, so that we can give ya a proper welcome. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Dalbs

« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2008, 03:05:02 PM »
dalbs:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  glad that ya joined us.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum, so that we can give ya a proper welcome. O0

WARHAWK O0
Job done WARHAWK, cheers for the up dude!
Lex Luthor wannabe!

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #254 on: July 01, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »

WARHAWK O0
Job done WARHAWK, cheers for the up dude!
leigh... that's awesome.  we look 4ward 2 getting 2 know U.  we hope that U become an active member of this  gr8 forum.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!