Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316515 times)

Offline Tommo

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Bald , Proud.....and Single.....
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2008, 02:40:50 PM »
once again i stick with what im most happy with gillette sens gel, no cuts or burns ....cool
TOMMO........

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »
Ok guys, I have been reading all the threads about shaving, bumps etc..and want to put out a challenge. Everyone has different remedies for razor bumps, a close shave etc. Mixing shave oul with shave cream, oil alone, etc, etc.

For the first 50 Sly Bald Guyz who want to try out Bald Guyz Shave Gel I will give them a tube FREE as long as they complete a survey and provide honest answers. Bald Guyz Shave Gel will provide a closer shave, help eliminate razor bumps and irritation (better when you combine it with Moisuture Gel after).

All you have to do is send the Email to me @   info@baldguyz.com and put Sly Shave Survey in the subject line. Provide your name and address and the shave gel will be on the way.

We want to PROVE that we have the best for the head and face and look forward to the challenge.

HBG

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2008, 11:04:43 PM »
Ok guys, I have been reading all the threads about shaving, bumps etc..and want to put out a challenge. Everyone has different remedies for razor bumps, a close shave etc. Mixing shave oul with shave cream, oil alone, etc, etc.

For the first 50 Sly Bald Guyz who want to try out Bald Guyz Shave Gel I will give them a tube FREE as long as they complete a survey and provide honest answers. Bald Guyz Shave Gel will provide a closer shave, help eliminate razor bumps and irritation (better when you combine it with Moisuture Gel after).

All you have to do is send the Email to me @   info@baldguyz.com and put Sly Shave Survey in the subject line. Provide your name and address and the shave gel will be on the way.

We want to PROVE that we have the best for the head and face and look forward to the challenge.

HBG

Awesome!  You guys should take him up on this for sure!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
« Reply #198 on: May 30, 2008, 05:32:34 AM »
E-mail away

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #199 on: May 30, 2008, 04:11:32 PM »
I emailed him late last night. Hopefully I made in the first 50
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #200 on: June 04, 2008, 02:03:14 PM »
I prefer to use gels as they are better than the traditional shave creams.   Shaving creams works, but not as good as gels imho
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline zzaapp

• Sly
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:14 PM »
OK, I know I'm gonna get blasted for using such a "girlie product", but...

I find Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter to be much smoother for shaving than shaving cream or gel...

buuckkweet

« Reply #202 on: June 26, 2008, 05:38:07 PM »
I mentioned this elsewhere but thought I'd put it out here also. I love the HeadSlick. But since I'm trying to limit my shower shaves (to keep the water bills down to a minimum), I needed to try other methods to help reduce the clogging of the razor you get from HeadSlick. To help that, I've started adding a little bit of Barbasol Shave Cream (it's cheap) to my noggin' after I apply the HeadSlick. I find it does help reduce the clogging of the razor. Plus, I like the fact it foams up, whereas HeadSlick alone really doesn't.

Hi schro!

Just tried your idea.  Used about a quarter sized bit of HeadSlick, let sit 4 a minute, put on that some Edge Gel Extra Protection.  Went to work with the ol' Mach 3.  By far, the easiest, smoooothest, and most comfortable shave yet!

Thanks So Much!!! O0 O0 O0   

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #203 on: June 26, 2008, 05:41:13 PM »
I mentioned this elsewhere but thought I'd put it out here also. I love the HeadSlick. But since I'm trying to limit my shower shaves (to keep the water bills down to a minimum), I needed to try other methods to help reduce the clogging of the razor you get from HeadSlick. To help that, I've started adding a little bit of Barbasol Shave Cream (it's cheap) to my noggin' after I apply the HeadSlick. I find it does help reduce the clogging of the razor. Plus, I like the fact it foams up, whereas HeadSlick alone really doesn't.

Hi schro!

Just tried your idea.  Used about a quarter sized bit of HeadSlick, let sit 4 a minute, put on that some Edge Gel Extra Protection.  Wet to work with the ol' Mach 3.  By far, the easiest, smoooothest, and most comfortable shave yet!

Thanks So Much!!! O0 O0 O0   

OOOOHH, I'm gonna have to try that with my HeadBlade! I just picked up a mirror that has suction cups on the back so I can finally shave my head in the shower. Thanks for the info. I'll let you guys know how it works for me. O0
Tis better to have a bald head than no head at all.

buuckkweet

« Reply #204 on: June 26, 2008, 05:47:58 PM »
Hey Fr8!

Go for it!  Hope it works for ya!  Cool picture!  You got the super shiny Sly look Going! O:O 

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2008, 06:41:07 PM »
Thanks Buuckweet! Now that I have a mirror in the shower, I can shave in there like the Big Boys do! ;D ;D

That shine comes from my Coppertone SPF 15 Continuous Spray Sunscreen. :@` Gotta use it out here in California!

buuckkweet

« Reply #206 on: June 26, 2008, 07:01:18 PM »
The sun is pretty unforgiving in California!!!!  With great respect I'd figure you would need some serous SPF ratings...

Here in Illinois the mercury hit over 90 degrees and I was using Coppertone SPF 50 (industrial strength)  and still got slightly red.  Got home and immediately used the walgreens aloe vera on my melon.  Feels great right out of the fridge!!!!! 8)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 10:04:23 PM by buuckkweet »

Offline FR8TRAIN

• Sly Bureau
  • Go ahead, rub it!
    • Facebook
« Reply #207 on: June 26, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »
Believe it or not SPF 15 does me just fine as I'm not out in the sun full-time on a daily basis. I know how that same sun can really get you in the mid-west as I grew up in Michigan. I also spent 10 years in Florida and I would use an SPF 50 down there. O0 The sun can be very unforgiving at times.

RICKYBOBBY74

« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2008, 02:59:47 PM »
rite now i'm using the king of shaves anti-bacterial shave gel. it works good but has a strong scent which can be a bit overpowering. using it w/ the fusion manual and its been the closest, smoothest shave so far.I originally started out w/ disposable gillettes and edge gel, then the sensor excel w/edge, then i finally brokedown and got the headblade. i really liked the headblade but at the end of the day, it just was too awkward feeling for me and didnt really deliver a smooth shave for me.

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #209 on: July 07, 2008, 09:13:27 AM »
Currently trying to decide between Shave Secret and Paficic Shaving Company for shaving oil of choice. I'm leaning toward the Shave Secret because it's available locally.

Enter your email address: