Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 317942 times)

Offline Deadbob

• Dust Collector
  • Sly
  • Bald - Again
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2008, 01:23:16 AM »
I've been using a shaving brush with shaving soap & creams a few months ago.

Recently i have been using either the Lavender or Rose Shaving Soap from Pirate Cove Soap works and Trumper's Sandalwood cream

Offline BBatts

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2008, 01:34:44 PM »
I love the Gillette Fusion Shaving cream for my head, Jack Black beard lube is also fantastic stuff.

Offline NAVRN

• Sly Jr.
  • AKA NAVRN2
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
Tried it all............ EDGE GEL seems best for me!!

Offline R o b 6

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:22 AM »
I agree with you NAVRN. Another EDGE GEL user here. I've tried others over the years, but swear by it. Based on the reviews from SLYinKC and others, I recently started using a thin layer of Shave Secret under it and the results are even better. 

Offline dawg

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #184 on: April 07, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »
hello everyone

First post,great site by the way.
Been shaving my dome for 15 years,used gel,foam,the lot,but run out of gel and decided to use a cream one
evening that my daughter had been prescribed by the doctor for mild eczema DIPROBASE,worked a treat.

Been shaving  both dome and face with it for over ten years,great shave and no irratation or burning.
£12 for 500g tub lasts me  for 7 or 8 months great value for your money as well and no need for moisturisors
at all.
Looking forward to chatting to you guys,i,m fom BELFAST, N.IRELAND by the way O0
in the dawg house

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »
dawg:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give U  a proper welcome. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2008, 06:58:29 PM »
Used to use Edge but this time around I decided to use HeadSlick and it worked very well. After reading about Shave Secret in this thread I decided to try a bottle. WOW! That stuff gave me the smoothest shave I have ever had. Very little drag, even against the grain and has a nice tingle and pleasant smell. One of these days I'm gonna try the Secret under the Slick and see how that works.
Too bad they don't have a Nobel Sly Prize.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline SlyBaldDude

• Sly
    • Standing Out In the Crowd
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2008, 07:02:47 PM »
Soap.  Bar of soap in the shower.  I run the blade over the dome against the grain until it is smooth.  Sometimes I will let a day pass with no shave;  I get a better shave that way.  Then a little head lube matte.  Head lube keeps it from growing back as quickly;  at least during the first 24 hours.  I realize this isn't a proven fact,  but for me it is true.  Also,  try to stand upright as much as possible.  Hair grows slower when it has to go against gravity ..

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2008, 10:45:11 PM »
One of these days I'm gonna try the Secret under the Slick and see how that works.
buddha:  the shave secret underneath the headslick is an awesome combination. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2008, 10:13:15 AM »
same with me , edge gel works the best, if iam shaving with the mach 3 trubo or the quattro, i use the edge shave gel, if i use the headblade sport, i use the headslick

parksie

« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2008, 09:19:23 PM »
My favorite kind of gel to use is the aveeno positively smooth gel the one with the light blue cap.  As of today before I lather up with that I spray my head with the mooreunique hydroglide spray it is pretty slick!

Offline Dooj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
I've tried a lot of gels, creams and oils.  I have been sticking with the edge gel , it doesn't gunk up the razor as much as headslick and I get a real smooth shave. For me, my stubble doesn't grow back as quick when shaving with edge.

Offline Nick912

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Above All!
    • US Air Force
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
My favorite kind of gel to use is the aveeno positively smooth gel the one with the light blue cap.  As of today before I lather up with that I spray my head with the mooreunique hydroglide spray it is pretty slick!

Yo Parksie! I did a review on Moor Unique Hydrogilde and love it! It is super slick stuff huh?
==SLY SERGEANT==

parksie

« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2008, 09:35:47 PM »
Yes sir! I like it a lot!! It is going to be part of my normal routine now!!!

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #194 on: April 13, 2008, 03:09:39 PM »
So, I tried the Shave Secret with the Head Slick over it. I seemed to have not quite as good a result as with the Shave Secret alone. It almost seems as though the lather from the Head Slick broke down the Shave Secret somewhat. I think I'll stick with the Secret alone.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.