Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316232 times)

Offline meninstyle

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
I think shaving gels are better. They allow you to see where you want to shave, and it has a cooling effect that most creams can't give.

Why don't you try Matte For Men's antioxidant shaving gel? It has a cool smooth finish and leaves you with an inoffensive smell.

Visit Matte For Men at http://www.matteformen.com for more details.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2007, 03:18:39 AM »
I think shaving gels are better. They allow you to see where you want to shave, and it has a cooling effect that most creams can't give.

Why don't you try Matte For Men's antioxidant shaving gel? It has a cool smooth finish and leaves you with an inoffensive smell.

Visit Matte For Men at http://www.matteformen.com for more details.

I've actually already reviewed this product here: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=632.msg7872#msg7872
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #152 on: August 10, 2007, 06:58:13 AM »
Hey Tyler, Have you got a chance to try that KOS sample alphagel? I just bought a box of 10 at the local grocery store,they were on a clearance for 3 bucks each!Normally they are 10each.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #153 on: August 13, 2007, 02:24:21 AM »
Yep, I've tried it out, but I haven't had a chance to write up my review yet.  Overall, it's some good stuff.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

jusbnme

« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2007, 06:18:29 AM »
I was using the HeadSlick by HB but I ran out about 5 days ago and had an old tube of the Bald Guyz shaving gel lying around.  I decided to give it a try one more time and I thought it was awesome.  I don't know if I had just forgotten about it or what with trying so many things out.  But I don't know why I ever stopped using this stuff.  The only problem I've ever had with HeadSlick is how it will tend to start drying on me if it sits too long.  I take my time shaving so I usually have to apply some extra once or twice.  Not with this Bald Guy Gel.  It stays slick and moist through the whole shave.  Another thing I liked about it was that it gives a different kind of feel.  It's like a tingling sensation when applying it.  Good stuff.  I will definitely continue to use this.  Then just for the heck of it I used the old, almost gone, tube of Bald Guyz Moisturizer.  That stuff rocks also. 

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2007, 10:54:08 AM »
Hey, Lance, I'm with you on the moisturizing gel.  It really feels great and has been a real life saver for some of those days when I've been out in the sun for a little too long.  Did you order the shave gel online or were you able to find it in a local store?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
I was in CVS today and while looking for some HB products I came across the Bald Guyz Moisturizer, picked it up and then put it back on the shelf.

Too bad I didn't log in earlier, I would have bought it for sure.
I will have to get it tomorrow. Been looking for a soothing and protective moisturizer and this sounds like just what I need.
Thanks Lance and KC!

Joe

Offline Head Bald Guy

• Super Sly
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2007, 06:44:04 PM »
Hey Sly Bros.,

The Bald Guyz Shave Gel is available online for now. We are working on expanding our distribution and hope to be in drugstores in thee  near future. We have been receiving incredible comments about the shave gel.

HBG

jusbnme

« Reply #158 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:57 PM »
It is actually available to me at some select drug stores in my area.  One I know for sure always caries it is Rite-Aid.  Well, at least one of them down the road from me.  I can also find the moisturizing gel at a few of the local stores in my area.  The only problem I have is I can't find the conditioner which I believe I would love because most of the other exfoliators I use tend to dry the scalp up.  The review Mr. T did on the conditioner seems to tell me that it would be just the type of exfoliator I am looking for. 

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #159 on: September 23, 2007, 09:39:40 PM »
Love the Bald Guyz moisture gel,like it more than the head lube,even though I still use the matte once in awhile

Offline blstrainerkurt

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #160 on: September 23, 2007, 10:55:40 PM »
Hey all you SLY brothers!  Just joined and this is my first post.  Been using Headblade "Head Slick" for about 2years.  Just bought some KOS Gel yesterday.  Love em both, but may switch to KOS because the price is better.  It will be a tough choice.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #161 on: September 24, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
Hey all you SLY brothers!  Just joined and this is my first post.  Been using Headblade "Head Slick" for about 2years.  Just bought some KOS Gel yesterday.  Love em both, but may switch to KOS because the price is better.  It will be a tough choice.

Welcome Kurt!  Post up an intro so we can all give you a proper Sly welcome.

shakf

« Reply #162 on: September 24, 2007, 03:52:01 AM »
I use Original source Mint and Tea Tree shaving gel. I usually go over my scalp twice with it. The 2nd time always stings but it's a good feeling.

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #163 on: September 25, 2007, 07:23:09 PM »
valvoline 10w 40

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #164 on: September 25, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »
... Holy Water ... from the fridge  ::)
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.