Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 318092 times)

Offline KATO

• Learning the way of Sly
    • 8om - the official site
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2007, 04:47:57 PM »
I use HeadSlick, I have tried the oil by King of Shaves, I didnt like the oily residue, but it gave me a really close shave

I agree that the headslick product works pretty good.   I'm a relatively new headblade user, but have really liked their products thusfar.

Offline bearwolf56

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2007, 05:08:08 AM »
I agree with medicineman. I use a shaving soap and a brush. There's nothing like the feeling of putting warm brush on your head and face. Also the brush helps lift up the hairs as well as exfoliate the skin.

Offline Johannes

• Sly
  • Straight Razor Shaver
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2007, 05:23:19 AM »
I agree with medicineman. I use a shaving soap and a brush. There's nothing like the feeling of putting warm brush on your head and face. Also the brush helps lift up the hairs as well as exfoliate the skin.
Shaving soap and a brush its the best way of shaving
Nothing better than one sharp blade

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2007, 10:10:32 PM »
dove unscented soap + regular fusion=  super smooth dome

WARHAWK O0

Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »
i have been using the wifey's hair conditioner. been doin a damn fine job.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2007, 11:31:14 PM »
glad to see someone else uses reg. everyday stuff.  I use the hair conditioner too.  Sometimes i just use shower gel ( soap) usually works for me.  Although when I bought the headblade sport the other day I got a same of the headslick...now that stuff is good.  I like it ..but our NEW SuperWalmart cant seem to keep stuff in stock...the shelf has been empty for like over a week now.  I can get it at CVS but it cost 4 dollars more there...so I will wait.

Offline frank_m

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2007, 09:55:49 PM »
I use the headslick on the dome, and a shaving soap on my face.

I use my brush on the head too with the headslick, that stuff really foams up nice if you use a brush soaked in hot water.

I haven't tried the head with a shaving soap yet, I might give that a try (I have two bottles of headslick to use up first) if you have never tried a soap and a good brush, you might want to give it a try, if you like the soap, you will find it very inexpensive, because it is so concentrated, you can go a couple of months on one bar of soap if you use it right.
I watched a couple of video's on youtube about 'wetshaving', I basically took a few ideas and knowledge from those video's and apply them to conventional methods most people talk about on this forum.

IMHO take a look at the video's on youtube, weather or not you decide to actually follow the video is up to you.  I learned much from these instructional videos.

Offline march

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
i tried the oil once.  it was not a good idea.  bad razor burn about 2 days of stinging.  i use mach 3 cream and mach 3 blades.  my head is starting to become easier to shave.  and a lot less razor burn.  but never oil again

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »
I finally got the headslick about 2 weeks ago and that stuff is prolly the best on the market...so headslick is my choice

Offline Stu

• Sly Bureau
    • Hope is just around the corner...
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2007, 04:45:58 PM »
Headslick lasts a long time, so there's another benefit besides the fact that it rocks.
How is that Hopey / Changey thing working for you?

http://obamaclock.org/

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2007, 06:04:28 AM »
Ive tried all the razors,shave soaps and brushes, etc over the years but have settled on the Headslick and Schick FX extreme.  Shave in the shower and use an expensive nylon bristle bath brush on mh head and face first beofe shaving.  that really gets the stubble standing up.  With that Schick and Headlube, I am one skinhead.

Offline caliwrestla

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2007, 04:32:11 PM »
headslick is awesome O0

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2007, 10:28:35 PM »
Been unable to find Headslick here in Australia. I use several types of creams and gels but my fav is King of Shaves senstive gel.It foams a little bit but still allows you to see what you are doing.

I am partial to the old school Gillete Lime scented foam.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2007, 10:41:12 PM »
Been unable to find Headslick here in Australia. I use several types of creams and gels but my fav is King of Shaves senstive gel.It foams a little bit but still allows you to see what you are doing.

I am partial to the old school Gillete Lime scented foam.

I just got a package from KOS that I'm trying out.  Haven't tried that gel yet, but will be soon.

The Gillette Lime takes me back to some ol' memories.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2007, 12:09:36 AM »
Tyler, KOS products work quite well during sink shaves as they dont foam up a lot but I think give a better lubrication for headshaving than shaving oils.