Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316290 times)

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #405 on: January 26, 2012, 09:03:38 AM »
I just started shaving my head, and this is what I use.

Gives me a very close shave, and really shines my head nicely. Afterwards, I wash my head with aloe vera soap.

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #406 on: January 26, 2012, 09:05:09 AM »
I use Edge Extra Sensitive shave gel

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #407 on: January 26, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »
I just started shaving my head, and this is what I use.

Gives me a very close shave, and really shines my head nicely. Afterwards, I wash my head with aloe vera soap.

All I can say is that this is a very good choice.  O0
 I use it too and i get very good results, plus one of these bottles lasts for months. It is way cheaper than the Headslick (I'm a Headblader but only use the HB and sometimes the Headshed)

Recently I added the Shave Secret to my routine and I love the extra gliding it provides.

Slynito

« Reply #408 on: January 26, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
I started using Edge gel shaving at the sink, but quickly moved to shaving in the shower.  I use Headslick (Headblade shaving lotion), the light menthol is nice and cool on freshly shaved skin. 

Welcome to SBG, Deke...enjoy! O0

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #409 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:28 PM »
I mix shave secret with bald guys gel....been razor shaving almost two weeks and the smoothness lasts longer than before (that may be a result of more recession, however)
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline imaginary

• Sly
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »
I use a shave soap and brush. And of course, I have to use a vintage safety razor with it.
Once upon a time. The End.

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #411 on: January 31, 2012, 03:04:12 PM »
I've settled into using some BaldGuyz Gel and a couple pumps of HeadSlick mixed together.  I shave using a Panasonic Quad-Foil Electric.  Shave my head and face all together in the shower.

On the overly sensitive areas which for me is my neck, I pretreat with Kiehl's Close Shaver Squadron Shave Oil while shaving my head, then rub on the Gel/HeadSlick mix.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #412 on: January 31, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
I've been using my Panasonic both dry and sometimes wet with good results.

I've got a new routine now that works VERY well. I use the Panny first then as someone mentioned in one of the threads about using Olive Oil I apply olive oil to the head. I then apply shaving cream and use a razor. It's been the slickest I've ever had.  8)

Offline DavidTX

• Sly Jr.
  • GSG Tech Guy Keeping It Sly
    • Gallery of Before and After going Sly
« Reply #413 on: January 31, 2012, 03:21:16 PM »
Ok, you've got me intrigued.  I'd like to hear more of this routine.

Do you dry shave first with the electric?
and about the olive oil.. ??

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #414 on: January 31, 2012, 06:51:40 PM »
Can anyone who has used both give me the rundown of Nivea Sensitve Skin Shave Gel vs HeadSlick? I use Nivea right now and it does a pretty good job, but I was wondering if HeadSlick really is as good as people say.

Offline BaldHDbiker

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #415 on: January 31, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »
Ok, you've got me intrigued.  I'd like to hear more of this routine.

Do you dry shave first with the electric?
and about the olive oil.. ??

I dry shave with the electric, jump in the shower and get my head wet with warm water, take some olive oil in my palm and rub it on my scalp. I then take the shaving cream and squirt it in my hand and rub it onto my scalp on top of the olive oil. Last step is to shave it off with your manual razor. It's been smoother using this routine than it ever was with the electric or manual just with shaving cream. Just before I jump out of the shower I change the water to cold and get the scalp wet. When I get out I use witch hazel then whatever else I plan on putting on that day (sunscreen, aloe vera, etc.

It's ben working very well for me.

Offline uj80s

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #416 on: February 07, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
I use King of Shaves Gel, only found at Target, DrugStore.com, or Amazon.com.
It comes in different scents and types... I love it.. you can shave against the grain and since its a gel and virtually foam free you can SEE where you are shaving.  Great for going around your ears and around my goatee!  Look into it.. I swear by it.  Sadly its not found in all stores... its worth its price, since u only need a little dab for your whole head, neck, and face. 

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #417 on: February 08, 2012, 03:31:27 AM »
Can anyone who has used both give me the rundown of Nivea Sensitve Skin Shave Gel vs HeadSlick? I use Nivea right now and it does a pretty good job, but I was wondering if HeadSlick really is as good as people say.

I have both and like the Nivea very much. Plus it is cheaper than the Headslick. There is a huge buzz around the Headslick, I might miss something about it!
It is a good shaving cream but IMHO not any better than the Nivea or others.
What I like the most about it is the small bottles it is supplied in, very convenient for travelling, so I use the HS mostly when I'm hitting the road. I must say I didn't buy the HS, I got two small bottles for free and really unsure if buying another bottle after I'm done with those.

Slynito

« Reply #418 on: February 08, 2012, 08:07:30 AM »

I feel Head Slick is good, but I like Bald Guyz better and I also use Shave Secret or Tea Tree oil...any light oil. I use this combo with a Panasonic or Fusion. Good luck with your choice.

O0

Offline ProphetNoir

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #419 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:37 AM »
I shave my head right after I finish shaving my face, so I just continue with the same lather and brush that I used for my face.  Whichever cream or soap I am in the mood for seems to work equally well on both my face and head. 
One thing I do is to squeeze the last bit of lather out of the brush with my hand.  That is the richest and slickest lather there is.
I smooth that stuff over my head after using the brush to scrub at the hairs to get them lifted. 
I've only been head shaving for about a month at this point, but I have been shaving my face this way for about five years, so I am applying some of what works there to the new territory.