Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 318653 times)

Offline J.P.M. Polished

• Sly Jr.
  • Favorite T V companion. she keeps quiet
Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #315 on: January 30, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
shaving soap with a couple drops of olive oil when the bar is new and as needed and a boar hair brush ,,,,soaping  side then shave that back then shave that top then shave that then otherside,,,,,,,,,,,,,that way the brush pulls the hair up and dont leave time to go back down

Offline TGB1

• Sly
« Reply #316 on: January 31, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
I use no creams, gels or oils. Sweat from the steam or dry sauna works for me.
.....the quiet brightness of the city disconcerts. Somewhere malfeasance percolates. There is work to be done.

Offline baldaholic

• Sly
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »
Hi guys,

I've tried the babyoil twice and my experience was good.
The blade glides very smooth and the result is very smooth as well and no irritation.
Very nice

Offline sinistas

• Mr. Green
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Musique metal?
    • Dreaded Silence - Boston Metal
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »
I usually use the Gillette sensitive skin gel or King Of Shaves AlphaOil.  In a pinch, hair conditioner has worked wonders.  I might try HeadSlick again, wasn't too pleased the first time, but I'm weird like that.

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
« Reply #319 on: February 08, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »
After using both for a while, I am definitely leaning a lot more towards the C.O. Bigelow vs. the Headslick.  As much as I love all the menthol in the HS, I don't like how much my blade clogs up.  Very little clogging with the Bigelow, and still has a bit of menthol in it.
MikeC

Offline Arnie

• 2011 Sly Bald Guys Fantasy Football Champion
  • Sly Bureau
  • Surrender to your cause, never your circumstances.
    • http://www.frankboucherchevrolet.com
« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »
I start with Tolsum shaving gel for my face and around the ears...in the shower, finish the dome off with HeadBlade HeadSlick. O0

Offline smooth28

« Reply #321 on: February 10, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »
Tried using both Cream and Gel and wasn't really satisfied with either. On occasion I've used Headslick but as a rule it doesn't work well for me, maybe it's my skin. Since I like to shave in the shower I started using Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. It's better than anything else I've used and rinses out from the blades very easily. Gives the advantage of moisturizing while I shave and never any razor burn. I'll never go back to using anything else.

Offline bem75

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
« Reply #322 on: February 10, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »
Bald Guyz Clear Gel wins hands down for me.

Offline Big Jon

• Sly Jr.
    • Myspace
« Reply #323 on: March 17, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »
I use Gilette Fusion HydraGel. I think the gel is better than shaving cream. It gives more moisture.

Offline Gambrinus

• Bluegrass Bald Guy
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • HBG
« Reply #324 on: April 02, 2010, 02:45:46 AM »
shaving soap with a couple drops of olive oil when the bar is new and as needed and a boar hair brush ,,,,soaping  side then shave that back then shave that top then shave that then otherside,,,,,,,,,,,,,that way the brush pulls the hair up and dont leave time to go back down

+1
I used to think it was shaving that dried my skin out.   Since switching to Soap/Tube Cream and a brush I figured out it's the canned goo.  Brush/Soap and a commandeered latte mug sitting in a sink of hot water.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy just thinking about it  :@`

Offline against_the_grain

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #325 on: April 22, 2010, 03:34:44 AM »
I use Shaving Cream only. Speick SC works very well for my Head also for my Face.

MikeInPdx

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »
I've been using shaving soap from Prairie Creations http://www.prairie-creations.com the last few weeks. I make my own soap and I belong to the same forum as the owner of that business.....don't normally make a plug, but it's the best stuff I've ever used.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
here's my update.  i currently use the  bald guyz shaving gel, headblade's headslick, & c.o. bigelow shave cream.  i rotate these 3 products  in my routine. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline tomahawk275

« Reply #328 on: May 28, 2010, 06:34:07 AM »
I just recently purchased Taylor of Bond Street Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin online from http://www.fendrihan.com/shaving-creams-c-10.html?page=4&sort=2a since I have sensitive skin. I use it on my head and facial hairs. So far, so good.

Offline omegapd

• Sly
  • "Fuzzy"
« Reply #329 on: May 28, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »
Tomahawk- excellent stuff with a nice scent. My favorite of the TOBS line is the Avocado. Give that a shot sooner or later.
- Eric W-