Author Topic: Shaving Cream or Gel?  (Read 316340 times)

jusbnme

Re: Shaving Cream or Gel?
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:03 AM »
Thanks for the welcome and the info guys.  A lot of good options for me.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2007, 10:32:36 AM »
 O0 O0 Welcome, Hipstersaint and Michael. You've found the best bald website on the net. Hope to receive some posts, so we can get to know you. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2007, 07:46:09 PM »
I've read the comments about the headblade and while searching for one at the Greatest Place on Earth (their website said Wal-Mart carried it) to no avail. I started thinking about what had been said about shaving cremes. I've been shaving my head since the ex became the ex 6 years ago and up until now I've been using the Barbasol cheap, so I started looking around for "head shaving" stuff and found something called "SecretShave." Three to five drops massaged into the scalp, and for $3 I thought, what the heck. Bought it this morning, used it tonight. Now, at this point it had been about 5 days since I shaved, so I knocked it down with no guard on the clippers, showered up, and applied the oil. I have now experienced the marketing phrase of "smoothest most comfortable shave ever." It was almost like swiping my hand over my head. No pulling, no irritation...I was nearly in tears from the rapture-like feelings coursing through me...

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2007, 08:10:58 AM »
jusbnme, oils are certainly another way to go.  half-shaved mentioned Shave Secret which I have never tried but everyone seems to love.  King of Shaves also makes shave oil then there is also Hot Six Oil (sold in the ethnic section of grocery stores, pharmacies, etc.)  Some guys even use a little oil under their lube of choice. 

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »
Like I had said before, I'm using the Gillette Fusion products right now but they are way too pricey for me.  I'm thinking of going to the Mach 3 as far as a razor goes.  I'm just not sure what shave gel to go with.  I checked out another site and some guy was talking about Aveno Gel.  He said it was the best in his opinion on protecting the dome against irritation.  I do get a nick and some irritation most of the time.  Any suggestions?

Hey Jus welcome to the forum.  I use the headblade sport with headslick and clearhead but I started with the mach III when I first started shaving.  It is a good razor and I've seen the price of the fusion and would definitely go with the Mach III if I wasn't using the HB.  As far as the clear head goes, I haven't had the luck with it that pig pen has.  The only way I can get rid of my bumps is to not shave every day.  That sucks!  The headslick is really good though, I have only nicked myself using it when trying out the attra twin blade on my hb.  I dropped the attra blade and use the headslick with tea tree oil.
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2007, 09:51:20 AM »
I was nearly in tears from the rapture-like feelings coursing through me...

Oh?  Do tell, where did you get it now?
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2007, 07:22:51 PM »
I was nearly in tears from the rapture-like feelings coursing through me...

Oh?  Do tell, where did you get it now?

Got it at the Greatest Place on Earth....Wal-Mart

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2007, 09:03:18 AM »
As of this morning, I tried a tip I got from this forum... I had the best HeadShave EVER with my HB Sport and HB Triple Blade Cart. (Not my Favorite Blade), using the combo of KOS Alpha Oil and HB HeadSlick Shaving Cream.

SMOOOOTH, CLOOOOSE, COOOOOL....

Tomorrow, I'm gonna use my HB Classic with Sensor Excel Double Blade Cart. (My Favorite blade to date.) with the KOS Alpha Oil and HB HeadSlick!

Thanks for the tip, guys!

Tony
Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline Socrates

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2007, 04:05:32 AM »
Hey Everybody...

For years I used to use Noxema... either the shaving cream or the cream itself.  I recently bought a bottle of the HeadSlick and have been totally and completely amazed at the results.  I think I enjoy the fact that I can actually shave more often, without the same amount of irritation.

Peace...

Socrates

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2007, 08:17:28 AM »
I recently bought a bottle of the HeadSlick and have been totally and completely amazed at the results.

That's the best testimony about Headslick I've heard on here.

I'll have to give it a try when my Edge Gel runs out.

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #85 on: March 09, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »
I've always used Gillette gel, recently I bought Nivea  gel but it's not at good as Gillette. When I get through this, I will have to give the Headslick a try.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #86 on: March 09, 2007, 06:06:13 PM »
ChallengeMe....don't believe I've taken the opportunity to Welcome you to SLYGUYS!!!

Welcome, brutha!! O0

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #87 on: March 09, 2007, 08:41:24 PM »
I have tried headSlick, and to tell you the truth I like it... Less of the foammy mess and it does not clog up your Razor as much.  It gives a pretty smooth shave as well.  Definitely one of the better shaving products that I have used.
Peace

Offline tgparker

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2007, 06:25:06 AM »
Had my BEST HB shave on Sunday...

Combo of Baby Oil, KOS Alpha Oil, and HB HeadSlick Shaving Cream...

Shaved with my HB SPort and an HB triple blade.

REALLY CLOOOOOOSE, COOOOOL, SMOOOOTH...

My scalp afterwards was smooooooth and sooooooft as a baby's bum...

Gotta HB S4 for sale?  I'm looking to buy one.  If you got a nice one 4-Sale, please PM me. TIA.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2007, 08:03:43 AM »
 :) First product I tried, when beginning shaving in November 06, was Aveeno Therapeutic Gel. It provides rich lather and helps either the Mach III or Fusion do its work smoothly, so I haven't looked elsewhere. Striving for the ultimate close shave, I've noticed that when I am finishing up just a dab of watered-down gel and lots of hot water enables the razor to get the shortest stubble. If I'm tired or rushing, this striving can lead to razor burn. Shaving against the grain on my cheeks is actually more problematic than the head, and requires more skill. The max smoothness lasts about six to eight hours. Sometimes I go at it twice a day, as I have come to hate velcro. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Enter your email address: