Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624050 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »
Ever met a guy always in the dog house?  Click below to Enlarge.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 02:04:20 PM by Robmeister »

ChadinSO

« Reply #136 on: January 07, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »

hahaha, good one brother! 

I got some sun, didn't wanna overdo it. 

Chad

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #137 on: January 07, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »
Awesome quote, Chad.

I just started shaving the head on New Year's Day. I've been a Gillette Sensor guy for 10+ years and am now switching to Atra to accomodate the HeadBlade I bought. I find the HeadBlade extremely easy to use (even for a newbie like me). The only advice I have is taking HB's advice and switching hands for each side of your head. I have used the straight razor for the little touch up areas around the ears.

Also, the Headslick is sweet.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2007, 08:29:36 AM »
QUESTION:  Can an electric actually match or exceed the closeness that a good razor shave offers?

Let me put it this way.    It may not be perfect, but it's like a 95 compared to a 99.   And keep in mind, I am bald by choice who had thick hair, so my little stubble is more stubborn than most.   I can get it pretty much smooth and when you factor in 5 hours that same stubble returns anyways then it doesn't matter anyways.   

The only thing I dislike about it is the 8 hour charge time.   
bald for life

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2007, 08:40:48 AM »
QUESTION:  Can an electric actually match or exceed the closeness that a good razor shave offers?

Let me put it this way.    It may not be perfect, but it's like a 95 compared to a 99.   And keep in mind, I am bald by choice who had thick hair, so my little stubble is more stubborn than most.   I can get it pretty much smooth and when you factor in 5 hours that same stubble returns anyways then it doesn't matter anyways.   

Thanks for the info, David.   See my related post here  http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=534.msg7652;topicseen#msg7652

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #140 on: January 10, 2007, 08:50:36 AM »

Thanks for the info, David.   See my related post here  http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=534.msg7652;topicseen#msg7652

Also, some areas are just rougher tham others.    There is one spot on the very top that is that way for me, and even if you went over it constantly, it doesn't really improve much.
bald for life

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
I bin using the Gillette Sensor 3 for yonks ... surprisingly hard to find blades for over here.
Thinking of ordering the headblade ...

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2007, 05:22:05 PM »
I just shaved my head for the firt time on Wednesday with my newly purchased Headblade.  It was rather easy, resulting in a nice clean shave with no cuts.  I did however use my Mach 3 for the area around the ears.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2007, 07:17:46 PM »
Shavin' mine for the first time tomorrow (Sunday 1/14).

Bought the Fusion to start with.....if everything goes s-m-o-o-t-h, I'll probably stay with the Fusion

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2007, 07:36:20 PM »
Shavin' mine for the first time tomorrow (Sunday 1/14).

Bought the Fusion to start with.....if everything goes s-m-o-o-t-h, I'll probably stay with the Fusion

Darn the price of those blades though!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2007, 06:21:16 AM »

I just bought a Fusion yesterday, decided to have a dedicated head razor and thought i'd give the Fusion a go.

Offline ottawamale

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2007, 04:21:39 PM »
Been shaving with a Mach 3 for 8 years and never a cut.  Oddly enough, I bought a Head Blade, and cut myself 4 times the first time I used it.

Not sure if this is normal, or I need to change my technique, or maybe the blade that came with it was defective, but I haven't used it since.

Offline ShinyHappyHead

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Bald is my superpower! And eating pizza.
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2007, 04:24:54 PM »

Hello, David here; I use a Quattro in the shower right now.  I also have a battery-powered Fusion but I almost need to get a freakin' loan for replacement blades. 
David M.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2007, 04:31:59 PM »

Hello, David here; I use a Quattro in the shower right now.  I also have a battery-powered Fusion but I almost need to get a freakin' loan for replacement blades. 
David - welcome .... and you got that right about the blades
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2007, 11:16:33 PM »
Welcome, ottawamale, to the group!  I was the same way when I switched to the headBlade.  Hardly ever cut myself with the mach3 and the first few shaves with the headblade were pretty ugly.  It takes a few, about 2-4 shaves, to get use to the headblade.  Make sure you keep most of the pressure on the back of the headblade.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995