Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623861 times)

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #420 on: August 31, 2007, 04:21:43 PM »
 :) Mates, I started with the Mach III, then graduated to the Fusion (non-power) plus Fusion gel. If my shave were any closer, I'd be down to the bone. I  change the blade once a week, although I suspect I could get longer out of it. My reason: want to get the ultimate shave. There are two swivels towards the back of my head in which the hair seems to grow every which way--hence the need for a really sharp blade. I use the Fusion on my face as well. It's more sensitive than the scalp, especially going against the grain from the jawline to the sideburn area. Neutrogena or Men's Zone after- shave seems to calm the abraded area. A really slick head lasts about five hours; after that, the velcro starts up again, hence the need to shave twice on important occasions. Love being newly shaved in the shower and also when wife rubs just shaved head. All best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #421 on: September 10, 2007, 12:17:20 PM »
Going to give the Sensor double a try today with headslick. I'll let you how it goes.

Ok, brudda's, I shaved the noggin with the double blade sensor and found them to work well (same as the Atra plus).
After the initial few strokes, I got used to the slight difference in feel. Had to adjust a bit because I would tend to dive the blade. Used Headslick and got a good close shave. I was able to really get down low on the ears, which made cleanup a breeze.
So, another tool in the arsenal for the smooth dome. I will have to try it with the KoS Alpha gel and oil, which I'm sure will work just as well.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 03:57:24 PM by xnewyawka »

Offline SpeedoApe

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #422 on: September 14, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »
Diehard HeadBlader. own 2 regular and 1 sport. love the sport. use headlube and headshine and headmatte.
i do clean up around the ears with the fusion 5 for the face. shave the face with headlube as well.
i use the double blades for about 3-4 weeks at a time before replacing and i shave everyday weekends included.
god bless the dude who invented the HeadBlade!
Y
My milkshake didn't bring anyone to the yard.....

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #423 on: September 15, 2007, 01:03:52 PM »
I  wouldnt take anything for my HB,But I only use the sensor 3 blades .I also really like the Head Slick . The mach,fushion, all just feel awkward to me , The HB takes a few times to get used to in your hand but I swear by it . One thing Ive found after the shave is to use witch hazel which is a natural istringent (spelling) to seal up the pores and is much better that alchohol. After that I slap  some Bald Guyz moisture gel and phoo Im good to go . I usually apply it a.m. and pm . I nixed the Head Lube as it feels a little oily through the day.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #424 on: September 15, 2007, 10:15:22 PM »
Welcome nilagorilla.  Post an intro so we can get to know you
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #425 on: September 15, 2007, 11:54:46 PM »
Welcome nilagorilla.  Post an intro so we can get to know you

Yeah, welcome nilagorilla!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #426 on: September 18, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »
Thanks Guy's. Ya Ive been a lurker for awhile so went ahead and jumped on the forum .Very cool site I've enjoyed it alot since I first stumbled accros  it ,Thanks for the welcome! M

Offline whitetoast

• Sly Jr.
  • Big & Bald & SLY
    • What I do?
« Reply #427 on: September 21, 2007, 08:07:07 PM »
New to the forum the last couple of days and I have been reading posts like crazy....

I have used the headblade for a few years now, started with the classic and now use the sport with HB triple blades. I used the Atra Plus with the classic and also used the vibrating green and gray razor (can't remember the name since I havent used it in a few years now) For my face I usually use a disposable sensitive from Target, store brand. Seems to work great for me. I use the HeadBlade Lube on my head and face.

I have been reading about the exfoliating and asked my wife what that was all about - she said she had the St Ives Apricot Scub in the shower and she has had it in the shower since we moved in with each other 10 years ago (think I would have noticed it in the shower at least once in that time frame but no, never saw it until I ran up there tonight and checked) Gonna try that to see if it works...

I always shave in the shower with hot water. Then I use the Glossy HeadLube before I leave the bathroom...
http://www.nfsnet.com
http://www.whitetoast.us
[img width= height=]http://www.whitetoast.us/images/plate.jpg[/img]

Offline nilagorilla

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #428 on: September 21, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »
someone on here mentioned they used said they use it all the time with great results

Offline WannaBePadre

• Look at all of this stuff!
  • Super Sly
  • The hairs of your head have been counted (Lk 12:7)
« Reply #429 on: September 22, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »
I've been using the HeadBlade Sport and triple blade cartridges since this spring, and I'm a huge fan. I shave in the shower, starting with HeadShed, then rinse, apply HeadSlick, and then shave with and against the grain. At the end, I let the water run over the top of my head as I turn off the shower slowly from hot to cold. I usually wait before using HeadLube Matte, because for some reason, if I put it on right out of the shower ... my head sweats for about 20 minutes.

In another post, I mentioned that before I discovered the triple blade cartridges, I would apply HeadLube Matte or Glossy and then dry shave with an electric, then in the shower wet shave with the same electric using HeadSlick, and finish with the HeadBlade Classic with Atra cartridges using HeadSlick. For some reason if I used the Atra's with any noticeable stubble, I would end up all cut up and bleeding.

I'm experimenting with Tea Tree Oil and different Aloe Vera gels ... keeping one tube of Aloe in the fridge to combat the after shaving head sweating. I also bought some HeadShade, but got a lot of comments about how shiny my head was after a couple of days use.
Nothing says 'God loves you' more than a bald man in mirrored sunglasses.

Offline n00tch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2007, 02:45:28 PM »
I've been liking the Mach 3. I've used the same razors on my face with no problem for years. That Headblade looks ultra convenient though. I'd really like to be able to shave in a few minutes rather than the ten I have to take with a traditional razor.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 02:47:05 PM by n00tch »

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #431 on: October 03, 2007, 07:09:33 AM »
I am only on my third head shaving with the HeadBlade Sport (tripple) and I like it a lot. The only complaint I have about it is that it clogs up too easily. Has anyone else had that problem?
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #432 on: October 03, 2007, 07:16:27 AM »
I am only on my third head shaving with the HeadBlade Sport (tripple) and I like it a lot. The only complaint I have about it is that it clogs up too easily. Has anyone else had that problem?

How often do you rinse out the blade Doug?

I rinse mine every pass or two, it'll help!!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #433 on: October 03, 2007, 07:47:53 AM »

Usually every pass. I'm wondering though.....so far I've done a every other day shave (longer hair clog it faster). I'll have to see if a daily routine would make a difference.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #434 on: October 03, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »

Usually every pass. I'm wondering though.....so far I've done a every other day shave (longer hair clog it faster). I'll have to see if a daily routine would make a difference.

That would make a huge difference, I'm usually a daily shaver unless I get lazy on the weekends.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!