Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626777 times)

andrewswenson

Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1230 on: February 03, 2014, 02:08:58 AM »
F*** the HeadBlade, Gillette Fusions, Mach 3 and all the 3+ blade cartridges out there. Unnecessary and doing more harm than good.

I've been using the original Gillette Sensor for 2 years now and it's simply the best cartridge out there. Two blades, and a lube strip, that's all you need.

However, just like any other cartridge, they only last me about 3-4 shaves and then it's on to the next one. Tried the "stroping" method. Useless. Tried leaving it in olive oil overnight. Useless. Blades just get dull evidently.

That's why I attempted to use a DE razor on my head and face for awhile but it was far from fast. Safety razors work well on the face, but not well on the head. And I was even using Feather blades and a nice Edwin Jagger.

Gillette Sensor is the answer to every man's shave routine. It's a fact. Get it.

Peace.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1231 on: February 03, 2014, 03:27:31 AM »
Got a sensor myself but it is the 3 blade type. Using a fusion now and it is really good.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #1232 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:12 AM »
I switched from a Mach 3 to a hydro 5 a while back and I'm pretty satisfied with it, I'm an everyday shaver, I get about 5-7 days out of one blade, partially because dull blades aren't as  irritating since I've started applying shave oil to my head before the headslick, I have a HeadBlade but stopped using it because I was using that for my head and a different razor for my face and I wanted to stick to one razor for both, I also use headslick for shaving my face as well.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1233 on: February 03, 2014, 09:50:15 AM »
Sorry Drewski, gonna have to disagree. I started with a Mach 3 and and am now using a Fusion Pro-Glide. The Mach 3 came heavily recommended by the barber who first shaved my head and it worked great. Accidentally used the Pro-Glide, that I use on my face, on my head and it gave me an even smoother shave no now that's what I use. Everyone's got something that works for them. We're all different so the methods and tools will be different. As with anything, what works for one may not work for another.

That's the great thing about this. We can all ask for advice, give advice, learn from each other, and through it find something that works and is uniquely our own.
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1234 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:04 AM »
Agree Doc, the Fusion Pro-Glide is superb!

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #1235 on: February 03, 2014, 05:56:58 PM »
I went back to the schick xtreme III love the way it shaves plus it shaves better then bic imo

Offline Thebaldnation

• Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #1236 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:52 PM »
That's right Doc whatever works for you is correct, I've tried many different routes in my 18 years of shaving, I've had many different routines that work, but eventually they do tend to get stale after awhile and then it's time to switch it up.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline mongo

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1237 on: February 18, 2014, 10:35:37 PM »
I'm a head blade sport guy but u want to try the new ATX

Offline JC77

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1238 on: February 21, 2014, 06:26:34 PM »
Hey guys...New member here..I've been shaving my head for about a year now with the Schick Quattro, and it's been doing alright for me, it just seems like I'm not getting as close as a shave as I should be getting...I shave with and against the grain, and I still have a shadow and always have to go back and re touch...I also hate that the hairs get stuck and the little wires..

I was thinking of trying the Hydro 5 as I've been hearing good things about it and since I'm on a budget...So what would you guys suggest I go with that would be better than my Quattro?

Thanks in advance and happy to be a member here  :)

Offline Thebaldnation

• Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #1239 on: February 22, 2014, 06:22:54 PM »
Hey guys...New member here..I've been shaving my head for about a year now with the Schick Quattro, and it's been doing alright for me, it just seems like I'm not getting as close as a shave as I should be getting...I shave with and against the grain, and I still have a shadow and always have to go back and re touch...I also hate that the hairs get stuck and the little wires..

I was thinking of trying the Hydro 5 as I've been hearing good things about it and since I'm on a budget...So what would you guys suggest I go with that would be better than my Quattro?

I use the hydro 5 and love it, I used the Mach 3 for a long time and then switched to the 5 the blades are a little cheaper and last longer, correct me if I'm wrong but the shadow UR talking about is the hair follicles in your scalp, you can't get rid of that unless you go laser, I think the Hydro does a good job, a lot of guys here use the head blade and they love it, welcome to SBG, have you posted in the new member thread yet, you should if you haven't so we can welcome you properly, this is a great site for exactly the types of questions you are asking, everyone here is polite and friendly, there's really no perfect way to shave, everyone finds there perfect way and that's great, always always always don't be afraid to try something new because you might just like it, I've changed my shaving routine multiple times because of the advice I've gotten from fellow sly guys here, welcome to the Brotherhood!
[url=http

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1240 on: February 23, 2014, 04:46:17 AM »
Well, I haven't shaved with a blade for a couple of weeks now!

Been using my Braun foil shaver! Ruddy awesome it is! Been shaving the dome every day since last Wednesday which I would never do with a blade! I would say that my head is 'almost' as smooth as with a blade. Some areas have always been rough but no more nicks etc now since using the Braun (340s-4)

Not to say I won't use my Fusion ever again as once in a while I will use it. But for now I am happy with the Braun.

Offline yohnazo

• Game Designer
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • A happy young guy who decided to try being bald
« Reply #1241 on: February 26, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »

Hey JC77, welcome to the site, i've only been here just over a day myself.

The Hydro 5 was what I first used to shave my head just over month ago, I use it for my face and had a spare blade, I also used the Hydro shave gel. It worked really well for me, I might try it again sometime. Now though i'm using the Headblade ATX with headslick, first time using it I found it difficult, I switched shave creams to Bulldog which was good, but decided to try Headslick again and I think it's better. Whilst shaving lately I tried a new Hydro 5 blade and stopped to carry on with my headblade, the Hydro 5 didn't as sharp that time. If you like I can try the Hydro 5 again in a few days & let you know how it goes. The blade for my headblade is getting dull anyways.
I'm just a university student who one day decided to shave his head, and decided to keep on doing it because he liked it.

Offline JC77

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1242 on: February 26, 2014, 07:42:53 PM »
Thanks for that yohnazo, but I actually just went ahead and bought the Hydro 5...I'll be trying it out tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know how the experience was...Thanks for the help :)

Offline NESTYdPOGI

• Sly
« Reply #1243 on: February 27, 2014, 02:14:22 AM »
As for me, i go for mach3 O0. I shave my head every other day. This brand is nice to use.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1244 on: March 03, 2014, 08:49:45 AM »
Still ain't found a better razor than the headblade sport. So fast and smooth.

Enter your email address: