Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623841 times)

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2007, 03:19:13 PM »
I shaved with a spankin new shick extreme 3 this morning after giving my head a couple of days off and it was a great shave...also used some Nivea products,  a wash and the aftershave balm and would def give the 2  O0

jusbnme

« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
I shaved with a spankin new shick extreme 3 this morning after giving my head a couple of days off and it was a great shave...also used some Nivea products,  a wash and the aftershave balm and would def give the 2  O0

Yeah, I remarked on another thread about the Nivea products.  I use to religiously use them all the time until I started trying the HB stuff.  I use to use the sensitive kind that comes in the white bottle with the extra soothing balm that comes in the white also.  But I found a different one the other day that I had never seen before.  It was in a blue bottle and it's called "moisturizing shaving gel."  I used it last night and it rocked.  I've always had a problem with other shaving gels, creams, etc...drying up before the shave was over with.  Not this stuff.  It must have an ingredient in it that keeps it slick for the whole shave.  I also picked up the Nivea wash/conditioner that also came in a blue tube.  I also got the moisturizing after balm which felt good too after the shave.  They had a face scrub that I picked up along with everything else that I'm planning on using once or twice a week. 

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #332 on: June 04, 2007, 05:23:03 PM »
Yeah, I remarked on another thread about the Nivea products.  I use to religiously use them all the time until I started trying the HB stuff.  I use to use the sensitive kind that comes in the white bottle with the extra soothing balm that comes in the white also.  But I found a different one the other day that I had never seen before.  It was in a blue bottle and it's called "moisturizing shaving gel."  I used it last night and it rocked.  I've always had a problem with other shaving gels, creams, etc...drying up before the shave was over with.  Not this stuff.  It must have an ingredient in it that keeps it slick for the whole shave.  I also picked up the Nivea wash/conditioner that also came in a blue tube.  I also got the moisturizing after balm which felt good too after the shave.  They had a face scrub that I picked up along with everything else that I'm planning on using once or twice a week. 
[/quote]

I'm with ya bro...the Nivea products are pretty good...alcohol free and smells great

Offline tazdog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #333 on: June 06, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »
 I started out using the headblade, then about 6 months ago I ordered the headblade sport. Don't like it, was cutting my head it seemed everytime I used it. New blade and all. Then after reading some of the posts about using a electric I got a panasonic linear. works great, as close as a shave with my headblade, but no cuts. And I'm sure I'll save $$ in along run.

Oh yeah, by the way, been clipper cutting for the last few months. Just went back to the sly look!! Forgot how good it feels!! It ROCKS!!

Offline garykr

• Sly Guy in Training
    • Gary's Wrestling Picture Page
« Reply #334 on: June 07, 2007, 03:12:57 AM »
I used to use the Mach 3. Now I use the Gillette Fusion Power.  O0

jusbnme

« Reply #335 on: June 07, 2007, 03:17:25 AM »
I started out using the headblade, then about 6 months ago I ordered the headblade sport. Don't like it, was cutting my head it seemed everytime I used it. New blade and all. Then after reading some of the posts about using a electric I got a panasonic linear. works great, as close as a shave with my headblade, but no cuts. And I'm sure I'll save $$ in along run.

Oh yeah, by the way, been clipper cutting for the last few months. Just went back to the sly look!! Forgot how good it feels!! It ROCKS!!

I must have missed the thread about the electric shavers.  Are they really that good?  tazdog, you say this one called panasonic linear gets as close as the HeadBlade???  Does it really get it that smooth?  I'm just curious because I would be definitely be into switching up to an electric if it gets as close as a razor.  Anyone else have any opinions on the electric shavers?

jusbnme

« Reply #336 on: June 07, 2007, 03:17:50 AM »
Oh yeah, and a big welcome also tazdog.

Offline tazdog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #337 on: June 07, 2007, 08:52:20 AM »
Yes Lance I feel it gets as close as the headblade. When I first started a few rough spots on top, but once my skin got use to the eletric its great now. Takes less time to shave and as I said before in a long run less costly. The panasonic linear works great. I did alot of comparing and found this to be the best.

Thanks for the welcome.

jusbnme

« Reply #338 on: June 07, 2007, 08:54:10 AM »
Yes Lance I feel it gets as close as the headblade. When I first started a few rough spots on top, but once my skin got use to the eletric its great now. Takes less time to shave and as I said before in a long run less costly. The panasonic linear works great. I did alot of comparing and found this to be the best.

Thanks for the welcome.

Where did you find your panasonic at?

Offline tazdog

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #339 on: June 07, 2007, 01:46:07 PM »
i found it on amazon.com i paid $71 i think. it sold on the panasonic site for $150. I like it, very powerful razor. don't know if i'll ever go back to a blade.

let me know what you find

Offline Leigh_12play

• Sly
    • www.myspace.com/leigh_12play
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2007, 11:15:06 PM »
As of today, The Headblade Sport, didnt get a nick or cut my first time using it, previously I used the Gillette Power Fusion, love them both, I will still have to use the Gillette for my face.
A friend is someone that reaches for your hand but touches your heart...

www.myspace.com/leigh_12play

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2007, 11:27:51 PM »
for the past week i've been using my fusion, i packed my headblade away in a bag and put it in storage by accident.....i do have to say i get just as close a shave as i did with my headblade ...it is alil awkward to use now though...but it does the trick  O0
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #342 on: June 12, 2007, 03:00:38 AM »
Hey bruthas!!!

Somethin' to report about my loyalty to FUSION

I've been a lazy ass for about a week....my kids and all my buds kept givin' me s**t about shavin' the noggin....

anyway...still being lazy today...not only did I NOT Wahl it down to 0 before shaving today...but I didn't hot shower, exfoliate, etc....

I woke up....loathed the pillow creases on my face...and smeared a bunch of EDGE gel on the dry noggin....

Whipped out the FUSION---4th or 5th shave on that baby---and got just as good a shave--albeit much more rinsing....and it took about 5 minutes longer.

LOVE THE FUSION MAN!!

R.M.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #343 on: June 12, 2007, 05:11:25 AM »
Fusion rocks ... my razor of choice
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #344 on: June 12, 2007, 07:45:25 AM »
rm & wpruitt..... i echo your words.... the FUSION rocks!!!  i h8 the price but it gets the best shave on my dome than any other razor.  although i haven't used the hb... yet.  i actually have the hb classic but i'm a little hesistant 2 use it.  i'll probably try it out (one day).  oh.... wpruitt.... i digging your new avatar..... u r rocking the sly-look brah.  i'm hoping 2 post my avatar some time this month.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Enter your email address: