Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 627006 times)

Offline antoniom

• Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1200 on: November 16, 2013, 12:16:06 PM »
The lubrication strip runs quickly on the fusion but the blades are sharp and cut pretty good

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #1201 on: November 18, 2013, 04:52:27 PM »
The lubrication strip runs quickly on the fusion but the blades are sharp and cut pretty good

The pieces of the strip get caught in the blades though. It's really annoying especially for the price.

Offline Tracer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1202 on: November 20, 2013, 03:23:37 AM »
Gillete fusion power, 5 blades 1 semi blade

For shaving your head it's great for beginners, I wacked off almost a half inch of hair with this thing.. It did take almost an hour but still wouldn't trust any other razor to do that.

If you shave every 2-5 days this is perfect for you, daily shavers pick something cheaper

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1203 on: November 20, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
I just did the closest shave I ever had. I used the Shave Secret, shaving gel, and a Mach 3 in the shower. Absolutely baby butt smooth , can't feel any hint of stubble at all!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1204 on: November 20, 2013, 11:38:38 AM »
I just did the closest shave I ever had. I used the Shave Secret, shaving gel, and a Mach 3 in the shower. Absolutely baby butt smooth , can't feel any hint of stubble at all!

Nice!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Slyest

Re:
« Reply #1205 on: November 20, 2013, 02:21:54 PM »
I bought a headblade atx today. About to use it and scared!!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1206 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »
I use a Gillette sensor, 3 blade thingy. Multiple passes and only a little roughness. Wish i didnt have to do multiple passes! I use shaving soap etc.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #1207 on: November 23, 2013, 08:46:45 AM »
ive been using shave secret underneathe my headslick, i agree its been one of the smoothest shaves ever! ive since made it a staple of my shaving routine.
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #1208 on: November 23, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
ive been using shave secret underneathe my headslick, i agree its been one of the smoothest shaves ever! ive since made it a staple of my shaving routine.

Likewise.

Some time ago I abandoned my HB Sport in favor of a Personna M5 Magnum. This thing is almost cut proof. Walmart used to carry them but some kind of problem occurred and now I have to search elsewhere. They are available, though, on Personna's website.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re:
« Reply #1209 on: November 23, 2013, 12:50:24 PM »
I bought a headblade atx today. About to use it and scared!!

Me, too.  Just came yesterday. Gave the ATX a try this morning. Cautious as usual for a first run on a new razor.  Went OK.  Missed a patch in the back right. Argh.  Have to hit that spot again.

Too soon to tell if I like it as well as the Sport or not.

Slyest

Re:
« Reply #1210 on: November 23, 2013, 12:56:37 PM »
I have to say the headblade does the top of my head lovely but the back does not feel as smooth and I've had to finish it with my hydro 5. Im gonna give it a month but not sure if I'm a headblader for life.

Offline TSE

• Sly Jr.
    • TheShavingEdge.com
« Reply #1211 on: November 27, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
I use the headblade atx - been using it for about 3 months.  I'm somewhat of a convert from the Headblade Sport, which I used for about 4 years.   

"somewhat" because I still use it and alternate use between the Sport and ATX. 

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #1212 on: November 28, 2013, 10:14:32 AM »
I use the ATX. I understand the criticism it gets from a few of you guys, but I find it to be the most cost effective option for me. I'd barely get 3 days out of the sport blades.
I've tried a few various options for shaving but always ended up at Headblade again so I've decided to stick with it.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1213 on: December 04, 2013, 08:17:40 PM »
Using a merkur 23c at the minute with a long handle. Still have the merkur 34c but wanted to try a longer handle double edge. I prefer the 23c.

Offline Roger

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1214 on: December 22, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »
I went out last night and bought some Schick Xtreme 3 disposables and just shaved the melon about a half an hour ago.  I could be wrong but I actually feel like I just got a better shave than with my Headblade ATX.  For me, the flex in the blades was just right and I didn't have to do multiple passes over the same section of melon.  I'm thinking that I'm going to be sending the Panasonic Arc4 that I recently purchased back, although it also gives a very impressive shave.  The shave with the Arc4 is nice but it takes about twice the length of time for me to get that baby butt.