Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624225 times)

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1185 on: July 01, 2013, 01:21:35 PM »
A Couple of nights ago I bought a Fusion.  A few guys here liked it so I tried it out.  After 2 shaves with it (currently shaving daily), I have to say it feels like I'm getting a closer shave with my Mach 3.  I thought more blades would equal closer shave but it dosent seem like it.  And I had to do more touch up afterwards.  I'm going to keep using it this week alternating with my Mach 3 and see if that continues....
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline bbcguytom

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1186 on: July 02, 2013, 09:53:13 PM »
I use ANY 3-bladed disposable, sometimes store-brand, sometimes name-brand, but I started out using the Xtreme 3 disposable.

Tom

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1187 on: July 05, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »
Only wet shaved once so far and that was with my Gillette Sensor 3 blade. The handle part is very old!! I had a great shave though. Just need to find a better handle i guess

Offline Dmac

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1188 on: July 21, 2013, 04:11:15 PM »
Picked up a hydro yesterday and used it this morning. I like it better than the fusion I have been using. Smooth shave and no irratation. It's also cheaper for replacement blades which when you shave daily is a big plus. The size of the cartridge made it harder to shave behind the ears but ill probably just try the edger part next time and see how that goes in that area.

Offline SeaDoggy

• Senior Chief
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1189 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
Merkur Classic 1904 with Feather blades.
Non Sibi Sed Patriae

Offline gadgetwizard

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1190 on: July 22, 2013, 11:30:07 AM »
Parker double edge with some Iranian blades that I bought special offer from the online shaving store I use.

Might try some multi blade Disposables that I have kicking around as I no long use them for my face. I've been double edger on my face for about four years. Best shave ever.

Shaving should be something you look forward too and not a chore I find that the evening is best for me.

1 week into my 30 day head shaving experience and I find the same routine and blade works for my head as it does for my face. I was doing everyday the first part of the experience to get used to it but now find every other day is best.

Offline wutwutman

• Super Sly
  • "Isaac Hayes style boy!" lol
« Reply #1191 on: July 23, 2013, 09:27:42 AM »
Picked up a hydro yesterday and used it this morning. I like it better than the fusion I have been using. Smooth shave and no irratation. It's also cheaper for replacement blades which when you shave daily is a big plus. The size of the cartridge made it harder to shave behind the ears but ill probably just try the edger part next time and see how that goes in that area.

I just switched to the Schick Hydro 5 also!  Getting a closer shave than the Mach 3.  I like the lubricating strip/boxes/whatever.  I was starting to get some irritation with the Mach 3 over my ears but it has stopped with the Hydro.  Not sure if I like it better than the Fusion yet tho as the cartridge is indeed larger and took some getting used to for me.  And as @Dmac said, the carts are cheaper which is a bonus for me as a daily shaver!  O0
** Wutwutman **
"To shave or not to shave... is that really a question?"

Offline tartanraven

• Haggis Hunter
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1192 on: September 22, 2013, 05:00:17 PM »
I switch between the Mach 3 and a Merkur Futur double.
Deus Meus Et Omnia

Offline tartanraven

• Haggis Hunter
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1193 on: September 22, 2013, 05:02:01 PM »
absolutely on Feather blades.  I will recommend  a mild angle as these things are insanely sharp
Deus Meus Et Omnia

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1194 on: November 01, 2013, 01:08:36 PM »
Gillette sensor 3 disposables - cracking razors. Zero irritation.

Offline Billy G

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1195 on: November 02, 2013, 09:18:48 PM »
As of now I use the schick hydro. But I'm thinking of trying a safety razor. I'm constantly trying new things.

Offline Thebaldnation

• wanting to bring our Bald community closer together
  • Sly
    • ThebaldNation
« Reply #1196 on: November 10, 2013, 09:04:59 AM »
i also switched from a mach 3 to a hydro 5 about 9 months ago?, im an everyday shaver and noticed that the blades last longer, ive been using some shave secret underneathe headslick when i shave and i gotta tell you i love it, its such smoother shave for me. Headblade alone is great stuff but combined with shave secret its even better, but, thats just my personal opininion. Its all about comfort and what works best for you. Bald is always Best!
<!-- Facebook Badge START --><a href="http://www.facebook.com/people/Baldguy-Thebaldnationsbest/1827707468" title="Baldguy Thebaldnationsbest" target="_TOP" style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-
[url=http

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #1197 on: November 10, 2013, 10:34:49 AM »
I used a Hyrdro 5. Monday is new blade day.

Bought two packs yesterday one set for home and one for my gym bag. More than I ever paid for a haircut! :*))

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #1198 on: November 10, 2013, 05:25:22 PM »
I usd schick hydro five and tried the fusion disposables when I was out of blades the pack I got came with a free shave gel (who could pass that up when your out of blades and shave lubricant) both cut good nice close shave the fusion blades are sharp so carefull also the lubricating strip runs quickly not the hydro will alternate. Got a free hydro when I brought a can of edge (who could pass up a free blade when in need of one) but IS have a hydro fan.

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #1199 on: November 14, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
I usd schick hydro five and tried the fusion disposables when I was out of blades the pack I got came with a free shave gel (who could pass that up when your out of blades and shave lubricant) both cut good nice close shave the fusion blades are sharp so carefull also the lubricating strip runs quickly not the hydro will alternate. Got a free hydro when I brought a can of edge (who could pass up a free blade when in need of one) but IS have a hydro fan.

The lubricating strip on the Fusion ProGlides come apart way to easily for me especially since they're about 4 a pop too!