Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626589 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2006, 01:36:34 AM »
Currently I use the Fusion but I am thinking aboutmaking the switch to the HB Primarily because the old lady is a razor thief and doesn't change the blades EVER!!!! I've experienced many a shorn skull at the expense of an over worked blade. Also for those who do exfoliate the dome I have found that St. Ives Apricot scrub is a very good and affordable exfoliant. Thanks also for the myspace add.

LOL!  I never thought of that advantage for the HeadBlade.  Now to think of it, my wife has never used my headblade for anything.  Though, based on your recommendation, I may have to start stealing her St. Ives Apricot scrub... ;)
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2006, 07:05:38 AM »
Welcome FUZZY!!! I think you'll love the HeadBlade. I currently have two classics which are always in the shower. But I'm buying a Sport here very soon. I can't wait for Christmas, I'll be placing my order by tonight at the latest.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2006, 07:27:22 AM »
Last time I shaved my head I used the Mach3 but sometimes it took quite a long time until the whole head was as smooth as I wanted it to have.

Now I found out that headblade has a supplier here in Germany. That's great.
Thinking about ordering there soon. Maybe the starter package with some of their other products like shaving cream etc.

Can't wait to shave my head again - and I guess having the headblade then here at home .... I won't have an excuse why I can't shave. ;)

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2006, 03:27:28 PM »
I use a cool skin 7700 series electric shaver from Norelco, very worthwhile longterm investment for shaving my head.
bald for life

Offline Sheeple

• Master Fewl
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Auld Pic, new to come.
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
Hmmm

I wonder if I should attempt to embrace my headblade again. I was pretty hungover the first morning I tried to use it, which involved the HB ending up in the cabinet (almost the toilet). The non-scented head slick stuff that came with it was pretty nice. At the time I was content to stick with my mach 3.

I have now moved on to the Fusion which has that handy single blade on the back side of the head. As far as creams, gels and the like, I have found a new love for some peppermint scented, non-lathering stuff that I think gilette puts out. (The commercial with the guy gettin his face rubbed by all the chick hands. I'll find the exact name and amend this post) I found that aside from fancy, expensive imported english shaving soaps; this stuff is too sweet on my feeble girly skin. I also found that I like less lather so I can shave with detail around my neobeard. (I always ended up wiping most of the lather away so I could see the little hairs at the edges.)

(Edge Active care is what I use now)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 10:47:24 AM by Sheeple »
A skilled warrior takes his stand on ground where he cannot lose, but does not overlook the conditions that make his enemy prone to defeat.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2006, 01:25:05 PM »
hey sheeple. you should definately give the headblade another/sober try. after you get comfy with it you will love it. i keep my mach 3 for the face and around the ears. which is just a preference. the headblade can be used anywhere, but i am more comfy with my mach on my face. try it again and let us know what you think.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Sheeple

• Master Fewl
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Auld Pic, new to come.
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2006, 01:48:20 PM »
I'll queue it up for tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.
A skilled warrior takes his stand on ground where he cannot lose, but does not overlook the conditions that make his enemy prone to defeat.

Offline Sheeple

• Master Fewl
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • Auld Pic, new to come.
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2006, 08:34:35 AM »
Headblade worked alright. Still feels kinda odd, but I imagine it'll get as 2nd nature as doin it with my Fusion.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2006, 10:17:58 AM »
practice makes perfect brudda. i still use both.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2006, 01:34:03 PM »
My first shave, which was on Wednesday of this week, was with the Mach 3 Turbo, and I used it again today. Tomorrow I'll be trying out my new HB Sport. It arrived today along with some Head Slick and Head Lube. The guys at HeadBlade are great.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »
Unless I'm in a big hurry, I use the Headblade first, then I go over the head with the Fusion.  That way I can get behind the ears and the back of my neck which are difficult to get against the grain with just the Headblade.

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2006, 05:45:18 PM »
I use a 4/8 spike point straight razor myself. :)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2006, 09:36:43 PM »
I use a 4/8 spike point straight razor myself. :)

Nice!  You're the second person to register that uses a straight razor.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline SBG

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2006, 03:41:55 AM »
it's what I use to shave my face, so I figured: why not try it on my head?  ;D  Turned out to be pretty easy, just use it like a comb. (I do strop between each pass so that does tend to make the shave a bit longer)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2006, 07:23:13 AM »
Straight razors give me jeebie - heebies, man.  I went to a pro barber once who used one to clean up my neck hair and I didn't breath 'till he was finished.  It just seems like one ever so accidental lateral move with one of those things and YIKES.