Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624211 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1095 on: August 18, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
You can go back to my early posts on this thread from 2007.....started with FUSION and have never looked back.....still lovin' the FUSION  :@` O0

Rob, it might be time for a change, try something new, what do you think?   ;)

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1096 on: August 18, 2012, 08:08:10 PM »
If it ain't broke................but yes I agree, HB ftw

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
« Reply #1097 on: August 22, 2012, 08:15:42 AM »
Thanks for sharing the pics Mark, nice!

What blade is that your using for the head blade Mark ? In the short time I have owned mine I am in about $40.00 on blades and have not found one that gives me a good shave or wont slip (jumps) or wont cut me up.I need something that will give me that perfectly smooth shave on the dome like my Shick Quattro does.I am getting tired of wasting my cash on all these blades that are just stacking up in the cabinet.Thank You.

Tom.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1098 on: August 22, 2012, 05:39:58 PM »
Tom, maybe it's not the blades. Try using some baby oil or pre shave oil, rub on the dome and then apply your HeadSlick or whatever you use and try again. This will allow the blades to slide very smoothly and give you a much better shave. I use the Sensor 3 blades.

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1099 on: August 22, 2012, 06:21:53 PM »
Thanks for the info.I will try the baby oil.

MisterB9

« Reply #1100 on: August 31, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »
Been using the Gillette fusion proglide, but I'd like a more cost efficient razor without sacrificing quality too drastically, any suggestions?

Andrei

« Reply #1101 on: August 31, 2012, 08:04:13 AM »
I spend my money on Gillette power fusion cartridges.

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #1102 on: September 01, 2012, 02:50:02 PM »
I seem to keep coming back to the Fusion Proglide Blades. They are the ones I feel most comfortable with. The price is steep so I try to find them at the local flea market at generally 25%-50% savings...

justriaz

« Reply #1103 on: September 17, 2012, 04:37:47 PM »
I talk to a lot of guys who shave their head.  It seems that it's becoming a more popular thing to do now, or I'm just noticing it more.  Anyways, I usually ask what razor they use to shave their head.

The number one answer I get is...you guessed it...the Mach 3.

Now, I don't use the Mach 3.  In fact, I don't even use a straight razor.  Instead, I use a Remington!  That's right...I use an electric razor!  It's the only way to go for me.  I get just as smooth of a shave as using a Mach 3, but without the cuts and razor burn.  Plus, the overall cost is much cheaper in the long run.

Tell us, what do you use? Hi everybody I'm new to this forum just want all of you to check my video

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #1104 on: September 17, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »
I talk to a lot of guys who shave their head.  It seems that it's becoming a more popular thing to do now, or I'm just noticing it more.  Anyways, I usually ask what razor they use to shave their head.

The number one answer I get is...you guessed it...the Mach 3.

Now, I don't use the Mach 3.  In fact, I don't even use a straight razor.  Instead, I use a Remington!  That's right...I use an electric razor!  It's the only way to go for me.  I get just as smooth of a shave as using a Mach 3, but without the cuts and razor burn.  Plus, the overall cost is much cheaper in the long run.

Tell us, what do you use? Hi everybody I'm new to this forum just want all of you to check my video

that vid is ..lol!
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #1105 on: September 18, 2012, 06:12:36 PM »
every try these dorco blades? their cheap and cost less then what you'd normally pay razors and cartridges I might get one who knows www.dorcousa.com/?gclid=COewhYKtwLICFQsFnQodhGsApw

Slynito

« Reply #1106 on: September 18, 2012, 07:24:34 PM »
every try these dorco blades? their cheap and cost less then what you'd normally pay razors and cartridges I might get one who knows www.dorcousa.com/?gclid=COewhYKtwLICFQsFnQodhGsApw

Yes, I saw Dorco on E-bay for <$9 for 100...also there were Sharks, Derby and Astra at very low prices. I ordered Sharks and Derby for my son. He's going to Colombia soon and their mail system sucks.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1107 on: September 18, 2012, 08:51:55 PM »

Hi Antonio:  I don't think anyone has tried these Dorco cartridge razors.  Keep us posted and let us know your review.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1108 on: September 27, 2012, 04:11:00 PM »
Been using Gillette Blue 3 disposables recently and I can't fault them. Quicker shave than the HB, no irriation and BBS feeling. There very cheap aswell. £2.40 for 5 razors.

Offline Ming the Merciless

• Super Sly
  • No More "Mr. Nice Guy"
« Reply #1109 on: September 27, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
Might it not be time to drop this discussion? 

I know this is heresy, but... it's only hair, and razor technology has moved into fantasy-land.

Can you remove the hair with whatever you have to hand OK?  Me, yes, and it's an ancient (sixty year past blade).

Does your razor do OK?  By "OK," I mean, "Are you willing to flaunt the results in public?"  If you are... then your razor is good enough.

Come on, guys--it's just shaving; it's not saving the world.  Or (frankly) yourself.

Let's move on to "important" matters.  Flossing, maybe.

Enter your email address: