Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624148 times)

Offline titaniumbarbell

• Learning the way of Sly
    • iRepair iPhones (My home-based business)
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1050 on: May 05, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
I'm new to the Sly World.

First I tried Headblade Sport. I like it but need a secondary razor. (discarded)
Then I bought Schick Hydro 5 and it was really good even if I shaved two times in a week.
Right now I'm testing Schick Hydro 3 for a every other day use.

Sorry, my English knowledge is very poor.  :px
Bald, Latin, and Skinny-Strong!!

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1051 on: May 14, 2012, 03:54:26 PM »
After my recent review of my DE razor, it is with regret that I have gone back to the Gillette sensor 3 disposables! Two things really, the first is that I found the DE just a tad aggressive for me in the end, giving me little nicks, and slight burn. The second was time, you have to be so slow and perfect technique in order to pull off a good shave and for me it just took to long. I am going to keep on to it though! Maybe use it at weekends when I have more time on my hands.

Offline Charles Dietz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
Schick Slim Twin for face growing my hair out on the dome.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1053 on: May 16, 2012, 03:37:48 PM »
After my recent review of my DE razor, it is with regret that I have gone back to the Gillette sensor 3 disposables! Two things really, the first is that I found the DE just a tad aggressive for me in the end, giving me little nicks, and slight burn. The second was time, you have to be so slow and perfect technique in order to pull off a good shave and for me it just took to long. I am going to keep on to it though! Maybe use it at weekends when I have more time on my hands.

Sounds like a good plan, use it on the weekends, get the skills down and hopefully go back to daily use!

Still haven't got me DE, budget is tight or so SWMBO says :p
Lynchy

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #1054 on: May 16, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
I am new to the forum not new to being sly also my 1st post here I like to use schick xtreme3 disposables [#1] or the schick hydro3 but today i use my xtreme3 i love the way it shaves my face and my dome plus i love the way it contours to your face + dome

Offline Tg96

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1055 on: May 16, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »
I use the fusion proglide manual but plan on trying out everything

Offline AgeTwentyTwoBaldy

• More sly than a fox
  • Sly
  • Penn State's sly icon
« Reply #1056 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:30 PM »
Gillette Fusion Manual. It doesn't work for a lot of guys, but it works for me. both my head and face.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1057 on: May 18, 2012, 02:37:43 AM »
Just bought a new Mach III today, it's the champion addition......

As far as I can tell the only difference is that it's RED O:O

So obviously it will go faster  :px
Lynchy

Offline wilky895

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1058 on: May 19, 2012, 04:50:30 AM »
 Hey,
 New to the site and new to shaving my dome, just did it on 5/15 after being that male pattern thing for 20 years. Currently using a Gillette Plus doing good with it for head and face. Gonna try the Rolling Razor... for 10 bucks to my door I'll give it a shot and let you know how I make out, Anyone else used this before I'll take all the advice I can get. Thanks   :)

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1059 on: May 19, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
Hey,
 New to the site and new to shaving my dome, just did it on 5/15 after being that male pattern thing for 20 years. Currently using a Gillette Plus doing good with it for head and face. Gonna try the Rolling Razor... for 10 bucks to my door I'll give it a shot and let you know how I make out, Anyone else used this before I'll take all the advice I can get. Thanks   :)

Rolling razor is gash in my opinion, I'd go with a head blade, the reviews seem much more better.

Offline wilky895

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1060 on: May 20, 2012, 06:26:40 AM »
     Thanks for the input, I've been checking out both the Rolling Razor (which I ordered for $10) and the HB. I'm trying to avoid the 2 razor system 1 for head and 1 for face so I went with the RR because I can use it on both. If I don't like it I will try the HB because the bottom line is we all want a close and easy shave.  8)

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1061 on: May 20, 2012, 08:21:46 AM »
Hey,

Welcome, Wilky! I wouldn't recommend the Headblade for a guy starting out, but if you check out some of the other threads there are several traditional razors with good recommendations...Good Luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline xabydaddy

• Sly
« Reply #1062 on: May 21, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »
Gillette Fusion ProGlide

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #1063 on: May 21, 2012, 08:30:07 PM »
Not to contradict Sir Harry ... but I will ...

I'm only on Day #4 of head shaving. Started with the Headblade on day #1 (after the St Ives apricot exfoliant and using HeadSlick) and it's been awesome. Took a couple of days to figure out most of the maneuvers - with the grain, against the grain, doing wheelies, hairpin turns, etc. The important thing has been to take it slow and minimal pressure.

Haven't experienced any disfiguring gashes or gouges yet. Actually, haven't had any nicks or blood.

YMMV as may your head.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1064 on: May 22, 2012, 12:14:50 AM »
Frontier Guy-No offense taken, and I congratulate you on having success with your Headblade....As always, there are exceptions to every rule...me personally, maybe I need to practice but I've had more success with my straight razor than the Headblade....My headblade is pretty much sitting on the sink for now, but maybe I'll give it another chance down the road...One great thing about this forum is we can agree to disagree without offense being taken, Again congrats and more power to you with your Headblade!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.