Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 627628 times)

Offline Chris730

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1035 on: May 02, 2012, 08:48:32 AM »
I just started using the HeadBlade and it's fantastic! Very nice razor for headshaving, it's comfortable to hold, shaves well and it's easy to use. It definitely takes less time to shave now.

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #1036 on: May 02, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »
I'm a HB fan, I use the stainless steel model.
A few weeks ago I stayed at my parent's home for a few days and upon leaving I picked up all my stuff, except for what was in the bathroom, including my HB.
I only noticed when I was back home, so now I had to take a disposable sensor 3 I had at home and started shaving. Must admit I got a pleasant surprise. Very close, easy, clean and fast shave. No probs with the long handle, etc. On the sides, around the ears it's even easier than using the HB. You can apply much more pressure than with the HB and get no nicks and cuts.
So it depends on the day, sometimes I use the handle razor, sometimes the HB. Don't care much as long as I get a smooth, clean and fast shave.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1037 on: May 02, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
I used to use the disposable sensor 3. Very good razor but I was finding them expensive, around 10 pound for 8 in Dollar terms thats about 16 dollars for 8, thats why i went and bought myself a merkur razor, yes it cost £30 but the blades are only like £9 for 30.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #1038 on: May 02, 2012, 10:26:49 AM »
Thanks mahaw for that will look at it , still got quite a feq fusion blades at the moment

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1039 on: May 02, 2012, 11:24:47 AM »
I just started using the HeadBlade and it's fantastic! Very nice razor for headshaving, it's comfortable to hold, shaves well and it's easy to use. It definitely takes less time to shave now.

Good to hear. HeadBlade is one of the best for your dome. Keep at it!.    O0 

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1040 on: May 03, 2012, 06:11:15 AM »
Heres my new razor and blimey what a brilliant peice of kit! Absolutely great shave, extremely close, only nicked myself twice, and that aint to bad for my first DE head shave! Took me maybe twice aslong as i took it very slow. This is the Mekur 34c HD. theres another photo of my products. As has said before, keep it simple. Nice sharp razor, good quality foam/oil/soap, a sensitive post shave balm, some witch hazel and aloe vera gel and the jobs a gooden! :-) (my witch n aloe is mixed together in that bottle).

Sorry for poor quality photos (ipad 2).

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1041 on: May 03, 2012, 05:35:20 PM »
Thanks Mahaw!

Awesome post!
Lynchy

Offline kalbo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1042 on: May 03, 2012, 07:56:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing your photos Mahaw, awesome looking head. Im getting more curious about DE razors, maybe I should try it some time.
Mabuhay ang mga kalbo!

Offline RoWilJr

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • SlyStyle...Get your Shine on!!!
Re: Re: Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1043 on: May 03, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
Thanks for sharing your photos Mahaw, awesome looking head. Im getting more curious about DE razors, maybe I should try it some time.

What Kalbo said... Looking smooth!

Cheers,
Ro

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1044 on: May 04, 2012, 01:27:21 AM »
Thanks! Cant recommend them enough, i woke up today and the dome is still razor sharp. There also alot better for people who suffer from irritation as it is just one sharp blade gliding across the head instead of 3 4 5 blades pulling and dragging the hair.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #1045 on: May 04, 2012, 09:50:27 AM »
Actually im quite impressed with piccys from your ipad 2 as a ipad 1 user, but looks very good ur sly looks

Offline valldo

• Sly
« Reply #1046 on: May 04, 2012, 02:31:45 PM »
Mahaw, thanks for the pics. From the witch hazel you use I assume you must be based in the UK, am I right? I use the same, it is great stuff, but I was in the UK recently and went into a Boots store. They sell a witch hazel in a125ml bottle for much less. They both smell the same and the boots  is natural too, so just in case..........just giving you another option here...cheers

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1047 on: May 04, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »
Correct mate, you was the one who recommended it to me in another thread, top stuff!

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #1048 on: May 04, 2012, 08:22:58 PM »
I used a DE on my face and I have tried it on my head in the past but I tried it when I was in my DE infancy. I tried it again this morning and I got BBS results. I did get one decent nick but I thing it was more because I ran over a pimple on my dome or something as opposed to bad technique.

I did it this morning around 6 AM and I am still very smooth - only light sand papery feel at 10:30 PM. I'm going to stick with it for a while to see how it goes.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline Snakehandler

• Sly
  • Snakehandler
« Reply #1049 on: May 05, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »
I like Gillette Fusion & Schick Hydro 5. I think the Fusion shaves slightly closer but the Hydro's hydration strips are better, providing less drag, last longer & the blades are cheaper than Fusion. 👍