Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623884 times)

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #1020 on: April 10, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »
Guys do you think the power bit on the fusion works in helping shaving im not convinced
no... imho... when a razor vibrates it does not stay on the shaved area 100% of the time.  thus...the manual wins all the time 4 me.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1021 on: April 10, 2012, 06:28:21 PM »
Guys do you think the power bit on the fusion works in helping shaving im not convinced
no... imho... when a razor vibrates it does not stay on the shaved area 100% of the time.  thus...the manual wins all the time 4 me.

WARHAWK O0

I agree with Hawkman, the power razor's are just a gimmick to make more money.

Offline Shane.G

• Mr Graves
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #1022 on: April 11, 2012, 01:44:59 PM »
hey guys iv been sly for nearly a week now and been using the fusion power :) purchased a mach3 today and going to give that a test drive tomorrow

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #1023 on: April 11, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »
hey guys iv been sly for nearly a week now and been using the fusion power :) purchased a mach3 today and going to give that a test drive tomorrow
hey shane:  that is awesome.  the fun part of head shaving is experimenting with different razors.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Shane.G

• Mr Graves
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #1024 on: April 11, 2012, 02:45:20 PM »
ye i cant wait :D i find myself wanting to shave my already bald head XD im like a child with a new toy :P ah well ill just get to sleep extra quick so i can wake up early and get shaving  O0

Offline Electric Rider

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1025 on: April 23, 2012, 01:53:09 PM »
I use a Norelco 8240XL. If the hair is long enough I use the clipper end to cut the hair close then the regular rotary blade end to shave it to the skin. If it really needs to be extra smooth I then go over it with a Bic Comfort 3 - 3 blade disposable razor. Using the Norelco first is nice because it gets it very close to the skin as opposed to clogging up the 3 blade razor with longer hair.

I don't use any shaving cream - I stopped keeping that in the house at about 17 and decided I didn't need it. Been shaving my face dry for 25 years. Now I shave my head dry too or at least freshly washed. Doesn't seem to bother me one bit.

Perhaps one day I'll have a Remmington or a HeadBlade. Headblades look awesome.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #1026 on: April 23, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »
thanks warhawk  I thought  so about the power fusion , its just a  gimmick

Offline Mike P.

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #1027 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
I thought about buying one of those razors. But then I figured if it's vibrating, then there'll be times the razors not even touching your head. The other day I went out and bought a Mach 3. It seems to be the razor of choice by many.

Offline Morton

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #1028 on: April 24, 2012, 11:58:19 PM »
Regalr Gillette Fusion for me for the last year or three. I use the Matte for Men shaving gel and a really happy with both. Maybe it's the products or maybe it's the length of time I've been shaving but I can't remember the last time I cut myself. I'm not looking to change either razor or gel.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1029 on: May 01, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »
Just bought myself a Mekur hd 34c. Not arrived yet but looking forward to using it. Never had a decent razor before. Will post my reviews on it after a weeks use.

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1030 on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »
Feather blades too.

Offline BaldJJ

• Sly
« Reply #1031 on: May 01, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
hey shane:  that is awesome.  the fun part of head shaving is experimenting with different razors.

WARHAWK O0

Warhawk, Which razor do you use?

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1032 on: May 02, 2012, 03:04:29 AM »
Just bought myself a Mekur hd 34c. Not arrived yet but looking forward to using it. Never had a decent razor before. Will post my reviews on it after a weeks use.

Will this be your first DE? I'm totally keen to get one!
Lynchy

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #1033 on: May 02, 2012, 03:46:49 AM »
Yes mate it will be my first, ive heard they take some getting used to but hopefully ill be ok! Will take it nice and easy at the start. I was watching videos on youtube and made me want one even more :)

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #1034 on: May 02, 2012, 04:13:42 AM »
Yes mate it will be my first, ive heard they take some getting used to but hopefully ill be ok! Will take it nice and easy at the start. I was watching videos on youtube and made me want one even more :)
Yeah it seems the way to go, just so sick of the price of razors here in oz :(

Probably will pull the trigger next pay!

Let us know how you go on the head!
Lynchy