Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 627200 times)

Offline racer x

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #990 on: November 10, 2011, 09:41:09 PM »
I dont know yet, I'm still trying to figure it out

Offline Gucci1771

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #991 on: December 07, 2011, 05:07:36 PM »
hi there,
newbie on this site but been shaving for the last 4-5 years...Im reading all the posts but cant find the best solution as we are all different i guess.
But is anyone can tell me what razor is best for a black guy? i know we should def not going against the grain but how many blades get the closer shave? 2, 3 or 5?
any other tip welcome

Slynito

« Reply #992 on: December 07, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
I use a Panny LA-63 and also a Fusion with oils, gels and soaps. Best of luck and welcome.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #993 on: December 08, 2011, 02:17:33 PM »
hi there,
newbie on this site but been shaving for the last 4-5 years...Im reading all the posts but cant find the best solution as we are all different i guess.
But is anyone can tell me what razor is best for a black guy? i know we should def not going against the grain but how many blades get the closer shave? 2, 3 or 5?
any other tip welcome
hey gucci:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  post up in the introduction section of the forum so that we can give ya a proper welcome.  as far as quality razors 4 head shaving.... i would suggest the fusion manual or schick hydro 5.  these 2 razors R probably the most "forgiving" when head shaving in my opinion.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline djackson1711

« Reply #994 on: December 09, 2011, 10:08:49 AM »
I have ben shaving my head for about 3 years now.  I started out using the expensive razors, Mach 3 etc.  I eventually stumbled on to the SuperMax Kwik3 and Kwik4.  A real wuality shave with a fraction of the cost of the expensive razors.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #995 on: December 14, 2011, 10:50:00 PM »
It varies....two days or less, I use a twin blade disposable, three or four I use the headblade, five days to a week I use my straight edge Fromm blade (shaves well but there's hell toupee if you mess up with that one) anything beyond seven days, I may have to clipper it down first or make a trip to the city to see my barber....I try to keep it within 3-5 days to avoid itching, though....
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Lats

• LATS
« Reply #996 on: December 25, 2011, 12:18:55 AM »
HEADBLADE rocks!  Wife just gave me one for Christmas and man what a shave! I haven't been on here for awhile so I thought I'd share with you. Merry Christmas Sly friends! O0
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #997 on: December 25, 2011, 03:37:49 AM »
HEADBLADE rocks!  Wife just gave me one for Christmas and man what a shave!

Smart wife!  Did she get you some Head Slick to go with it?  Head out to Walgreens, if not. They still had it on sale yesterday for $6.99.

Slynito

« Reply #998 on: December 25, 2011, 07:43:12 AM »
HEADBLADE rocks!  Wife just gave me one for Christmas and man what a shave! I haven't been on here for awhile so I thought I'd share with you. Merry Christmas Sly friends! O0

You sure look happy and your head looks slick enough to slide on barb wire...Merry Christmas.

Offline ycartt

• Sly
« Reply #999 on: December 30, 2011, 09:41:54 PM »
I used to use the Magnum 5 razor blades but can't find them any more.  However CVS makes a their own brand of the Magnum.  Can get a 4-pack for about $8.  I find I get just as good of a shave with them as I did with Mach 3 and less irritation than with the Schick razors.

Offline Slick_Chris

« Reply #1000 on: December 30, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »
Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual

Offline The Original Chewmiester

• Sly Guy in Training
  • Sly isn't just a style, it's a way of life.
« Reply #1001 on: December 31, 2011, 12:58:28 PM »
I have been head shaving for over 2 years and I am still searching for the right razor for me. I have tried the HeadBlade (and don't like it), Gillette Fusion ProGlide, Schick Quattro, Schick Hydro (5 and 3 Blade), Schick Xtreme3 disposables and Gillette Mach3.

Right now, I am trying the Wilkenson Sword Tech3 (Xtreme3) with HeadSlick. I like the price point of the Tech3, and the Blades are 4 for 5. Good deal for the money.

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #1002 on: December 31, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »
Panasonic electric for me.

Slynito

« Reply #1003 on: December 31, 2011, 04:18:28 PM »
Panasonic electric for me.

Panny, is the tool for me, too. And Fusion when I want cold steel.  O0

Offline ycartt

• Sly