Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623789 times)

Offline tmgrood

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #975 on: October 20, 2011, 05:09:30 AM »
Mach 3 most the time. Headblade once in a while.

Offline Paul the Headblader

• Sly Bureau
  • They see me rollin' they hatin'
    • My facebook page :)
« Reply #976 on: October 20, 2011, 05:46:11 AM »
Gillette blue 3 :)
be who you are, say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter

Offline Slick A

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #977 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:27 AM »
Mach 3.  Lately, I ran out of cartridges and used some "replacement" that my wife bought.  It was a 4 blade, but it sucked.  My shave was anything but smooth.  Mach 3  = :@`

Offline jbark

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #978 on: October 30, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »
I like the Headblade but most days I use a Fusion to quickly transition from head to face. Replacement cartridges are expensive but it works great with Headslick or a shaving gel. I have had to shave more often like 1 to 2 days because my hair is thick and after a day my head is like a velcro strip and a fuzz/lint magnet.   O0

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #979 on: November 01, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »
I never thought I'd be typing this because I am a die hard HeadBlade user (with Atra double blades) but my new weapon of choice for chroming the dome is a regular Fusion cartridge on the Fusion power handle.

A few days ago I used the HB to go front to back on my head and then for some reason I put it in the stand the decided to try the Fusion for the back to front. All I can say is 'Wow!" I've never had a shave that was that smooth. Also, I tend to get a little irritation (which goes away after a few hours) on the sides when using the HB. There next to no irritation with the Fusion. The next day I did a full head shave with only the Fusion. The results were amazing for me.

The funny thing is I've tired using the Fusion in the past and did have the best results. Go figure!

Now, I'm not hanging up my HB for good, but it definitely has some competition now. The Fusion is my face blade so the question now will be one of the longevity of the blades. However if I keep having good results and low to no irritation, it may be worth it. Also, I may try a different razor on my face.

Being a true SBG member, I have a drawer/box full of razor handles and blades to experiment with on my face!  :*)) :*)) :*))
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #980 on: November 01, 2011, 02:36:26 PM »
Being a true SBG member, I have a drawer/box full of razor handles and blades to experiment with on my face!  :*)) :*)) :*))
Or "NOT" and then the blades really last if you're only cleaning up the dome.  Also, if you want to add another razor to the collection, keep an eye out for a sale on the Schick Hydro 5--I never thought I'd give up my M5, but it's backup now.  I rank Fusion just below the M5, and the M5 below the Hydro 5.  The HB is in the drawer, in the archive & history section of my sly life, now in year 5!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #981 on: November 01, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
I was HeadBlade user until I tried the Fusion. Now the Headblade sits on the shelf because the shave with the Fusion is so much closer and smoother. I can usually get about a week out of a Fusion cartridge with daily shaving.

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #982 on: November 02, 2011, 06:43:33 AM »
Also, if you want to add another razor to the collection, keep an eye out for a sale on the Schick Hydro 5

The Hydro 5 is in my collection already. :) I use it on my face and have used it on my dome in the past. I was fairly impressed with the results on my head. I'll have to give it another go. If it works as well as I remember it working and it is at least as good as the Fusion it would be a more economical option.

Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #983 on: November 02, 2011, 06:46:25 AM »
Also, if you want to add another razor to the collection, keep an eye out for a sale on the Schick Hydro 5
The Hydro 5 is in my collection already. :)

I should have known, I really should have known. ;D

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
« Reply #984 on: November 02, 2011, 06:49:59 AM »
Me - "Hi, my name is Doug and I have a razor addiction."
*Group replies* "Hi Doug."
Me - "I haven't bought a razor in 3 months."
 :*)) :*))

Offline blackbaldman19

• Sly
« Reply #985 on: November 07, 2011, 07:42:47 PM »
shick hydro 5. it works wonders for me & it saves me some money.  O0

Offline DCdome

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #986 on: November 07, 2011, 08:37:53 PM »
I used the Mach 3 for years and thought it did a great job.  Lately, though, I have switched to the Fusion.  It does a great job and I particularly like the single blade on the reverse of the cartridge.  It is great for getting that tough to reach area just above the ear.

I tried the Headblade Sport several years ago but gave up on it because I got cut too often.  I may try the new Headblade Sport again because guys here have been giving it rave reviews.

I have used the Mach 3 or the Fusion both for the dome and the face.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #987 on: November 09, 2011, 03:32:02 PM »
i am still going back and forth with the fusion manual, schick hydro 5, and M5 razors. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline lisafly

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #988 on: November 10, 2011, 12:00:03 AM »
 :) I found My father has using philips razor al the time. beause philips razor is the international famous brand razor. and the quality is very reliable.

Slynito

« Reply #989 on: November 10, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
Welcome, Lisafly!  O0