Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626906 times)

Offline myron7

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #900 on: February 08, 2011, 03:38:33 PM »
Gillette Proglide Power. Top stuff!

Offline HEAD

« Reply #901 on: March 02, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
Schick Xtreme3 Fitstyle

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #902 on: March 05, 2011, 04:07:26 AM »
best value/quality I have been able to find is the Shick Extreme 3 I believe its called.
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline sailor61

• Super Sly
  • Into my 6th year...why did I ever have hair???
« Reply #903 on: March 05, 2011, 09:10:02 AM »
I use a Fusion on my face and like it on the dome but the blade price is just too high for that. 

In my limited time I've tried a couple of disposables on the noggin and agree that the Schick Extreme 3, Fitstyle (haven't tried the Sensitive) seems to be best for me.  The small amount of flex in the blades seems to make it a bit more forgiving in the back where I was running into an occasional knick problem.
TJ

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Offline Slyhand

• Slyhand.com
« Reply #904 on: March 10, 2011, 05:39:23 PM »
I did use Fusion but the price was stupid high. I found Magnum 5 (M5) a five blade that's as good as Fusion at a fraction of the cost. My grocery store carries it at a great price but if you can get it at BJ's or Costco it's even better.
 I usually buy the entire razor with an extra 5 cartridges for the same price as a 5 cartridge set alone.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #905 on: March 10, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »
I did use Fusion but the price was stupid high. I found Magnum 5 (M5) a five blade that's as good as Fusion at a fraction of the cost. My grocery store carries it at a great price but if you can get it at BJ's or Costco it's even better.

They're not making those anymore, so if stores in your area still have them, stock up while you can.

Offline Slyhand

• Slyhand.com
« Reply #906 on: March 11, 2011, 06:49:31 PM »

They're not making those anymore, so if stores in your area still have them, stock up while you can.

Really? Oh crap, I am going out tomorrow and stocking up like crazy. Why would they not make them? It's a great product at a great price.

Offline Goldy

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #907 on: March 11, 2011, 08:48:14 PM »
Actually, I don't think they have stopped production. I emailed the makers of the M5 a few weeks ago and their response was they have no plans of discontinuing the M5. They just aren't going to be carried by Wal-Mart anymore. They have them at my local CVS & HyVee, but I think the name may be slightly different. But they still have the black/orange color scheme, 5 blades + trimmer blade. $5.99 or $6.99 for 5 cartridges or for the handle/2 cartridges.

They have assured me they are still making them though! Here's the email I got back on
2/22/11--

Thank you for your interest in American Safety Razor Company and our Personna M5 Magnum Razors.  There are no plans to discontinue this product.

You may find our M5 Magnum Razors in the following retail stores (they will be in the individual retailer’s packaging – private label, however, the blades are the same):

Target
CVS
Dollar General                                    The packaging reads 5 blade razor with trimmer.
Rite Aid
Personna.com

If I may be of further assistance; please do not hesitate to contact me. We always appreciate the opportunity to serve our Customers.

Sincerely,

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #908 on: March 11, 2011, 08:55:43 PM »
I believe the company was bought out by Schick.  I know some guys here wrote a while back about it being discontinued.  I've never used it myself so I never bothered to investigate further:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=14151.0

Based on the response you received, it sounds like they aren't marketing it under its original name anymore but it's still available as a "store brand".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 08:57:48 PM by Razor X »

Offline jbald

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #909 on: March 11, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »
Mach III works great for me.  I tried a Schick Extreme for awhile but went back to the Mach.  A little Baldguyz shave lotion..... :@`
Sucess is more permanent when principles are not compromised to achieve it.

Offline DaveDorm

• Trekkie
  • Sly Jr.
    • DaveDorm
« Reply #910 on: March 12, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
I am sure it has been said, but I found the Headblade to be the best overall shave. I use the original and the twin blades. I can get the Atra clones at the local "five and dime" for $3 for 10 blades, making it very cost effective. For face and trim, I use a classic safety razor. Again, cost effective blades, $2 for 10, and they last a long time.

Offline greenie14

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #911 on: April 04, 2011, 03:16:04 PM »
I'm also new here and I have been shaving for about 3 years, I use the Gillette Power Fusion and the Headblade sport

Offline genxeration

« Reply #912 on: April 07, 2011, 03:42:57 PM »
I have been using the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power with HeadSlick.  I've only been SLY for 12 days but I cannot beleive how close the razor shaves.  I'm not so happy with the price but the Fusion ProGlide has worked great for me.

Offline cvasara

• Super Sly
« Reply #913 on: April 07, 2011, 07:02:04 PM »
Headblade with the CVS Atra knockoff blades that can still be found on eBay for about 40 to 50 cents a blade.  I bought 40 blades not too long ago at 40 cents each there.   I found two 10 packs of Personna dual blades at a Walmart on Maui a month or so ago, at $2.00 a pack.  They are a great blade for the Headblade.  Wish they had more, at 20 cents a blade thats CHEAP ! !   I trim with a Gillette Fusion or a Mach 3, what ever is handy.  Don't let that Headblade get too close to the ears. 

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
Ronald Reagan--40th President

Donk

« Reply #914 on: April 09, 2011, 07:59:01 AM »
The best razor is supermaxx kwik4 which is an economical disposable razor you can get at the dollar tree or 99 cent only stores.

It has 4 widely spaced blades and a lube strip. 3 razors for a dollar!

I shave my face first and then my head and i throw it away. They are cheap enough to only use once.

Supermaxx also makes a kwik3 razor which has 3 blades and no lube strip, you get 5 razors for a buck. Those work good too.

The wide blade spacing on these razors mean they dont get clogged up....and makes shaving your head a breeze.

]http://reviews.dollartree.com/0550/955787/reviews.htm]

]http://www.dollartree.com/health-personal-care/bath-products/shaving-products/Men-s-Four-Blade-Razors/211c243c248p296786/index.prol]

Best razor ive found