Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623912 times)

Offline CliffCoultas

• GUITARIST WITH MYSTIQUE
  • Sly Jr.
    • MySpace
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #840 on: August 22, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
I do prefer more weight and a well balanced razor. I'll use disposable if I have to though and I am right now. I did just try the Shick Hydro 5 though and I have to day I really really liked the shave. And I think it might have something to do with the skin guards. But I never liked Shick razors but this one... well I think I may have fell in love.
Cliff Coultas

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2010, 02:49:25 PM »
I'm buying a sport tonight.  I have a hunch it may be able to better follow the many contours of my skull.  It's anything but simple! I got bumps and valleys and ridges galore.
Plus I need the other adapter.

That said, I've been using a Sensor 3 just recently to shave ATG on my sides... that seems awkward with a HB. I like using a combination of HB and modern "traditional" razor for the best of all worlds.
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline Smooth_Operator

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »
I agree with you phigg about the HB seeming awkward for ATG.  I've been using the HB for WTG this past week, then popping the blade cartridge into a regular handle for ATG.  I've got some ridges, too, and the HB can never seem to get into all of them even with a dozen passes... but still, I use it for most of the "heavy lifting" and wouldn't trade it for just a regular razor.  Maybe I just need some more practice.

Offline phigg

• Sly
  • Show me some skin!
« Reply #843 on: August 24, 2010, 09:34:44 AM »
Well, now that I have the HB sport, I found that, if anything, it's worse on a contoured noggin.
It's longer than the original HB, and that doesn't allow it to follow contours as well.
HB needs to make a shorter model. Maybe even one with a flexible waist!
Hair today.. gone tomorrow!  (sorry)

Offline BaldWriterBob

• Super Sly
  • Pastor, Author, Musician
« Reply #844 on: August 26, 2010, 12:01:41 AM »
I use HeadBlade with Sensor blades right now. I have used Gillette Fusion shave gel so far. Waiting for HB shipment. I'll get back to you.

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #845 on: August 29, 2010, 06:18:54 AM »
sticking with the schick extreme 3, best razor ive ever used. Tossed the HB sport in the garbage. most overrated razor ever imo
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline freddyyx

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #846 on: August 29, 2010, 09:24:21 AM »
I use a Mach 3, with a product called "bold for men" DRY shave gel. Apply gel, wet your blade, your good to go...never a cut or nick.

Offline Timmer

• Super Sly
  • And it harm none, do what you will.
« Reply #847 on: August 29, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
Tossed the HB sport in the garbage. most overrated razor ever imo

We all have opinions.  The Extreme 3 gave me the worst case of razor burn in my life.  

When it comes to the Headblade, I'm afraid you're a Redskins' fan in Dallas.  Although I did feel the same way about the Original model.  
One definition of "surrender" is, "To join the winning side."

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2010, 09:28:11 PM »
Tossed the HB sport in the garbage. most overrated razor ever imo

We all have opinions.  The Extreme 3 gave me the worst case of razor burn in my life.  

When it comes to the Headblade, I'm afraid you're a Redskins' fan in Dallas.  Although I did feel the same way about the Original model.  
Originally the extreme 3 gave me a bad shave, but when my scalp toughened up a bit and I started using it in the shower, nothing can compete. I feel like the headblade is just overrated trash, but to each his own i suppose
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline thebbqguy

• Sly
    • Get Your Prep On
« Reply #849 on: August 31, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
Morthern,

I was skeptical of the Head Blade at first, but now that I've used the Sport a few times, I like it.
TheBBQGuy

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #850 on: September 01, 2010, 12:15:18 AM »
Morthern,

I was skeptical of the Head Blade at first, but now that I've used the Sport a few times, I like it.
I got the HB sport, with the triples it didn't shave well enough, with the doubles it just irritated the hell out of my scalp, Not to mention the design is supposed to make shaving easier, but it only does that for the top and back of the head. on the sides its awkward as hell (i shave all ATG) Just not the right tool for me y'know. Sorry if it seems like I was attacking anyone, not my intention
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

Offline rzz

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #851 on: September 01, 2010, 04:46:01 PM »
You're not alone in thinking headblade is overrated, definitely in the minority.. but I had the same experience basically.. yes it's a bit easier to hold for the top and back but it's a awkward as hell for the sides, and the double blades were too rough on my skin, the triples didn't shave close enough..   I haven't tried the extreme 3, grabbed a quattro titanium with the trimmer because it was on sale and love it, the trimmer is crap but it was cheaper than the normal one without trimmer at the time and I like the extra bulk and style of the handle, makes it comfortable.   4 blades does seem like overkill though.  I'd like to get into using my antique single blade gillette safety razor again but I'm too used to the close, quick shave I get with the quattro without having to worry about cuts or scrapes.  Shaving in the shower while still half asleep is nice.  Everyone's skin and hair is a little different though, I guess that's why there's still some semblance of competition in shaving stuff right? ;)

Offline kenny57028

• Super Sly
« Reply #852 on: September 01, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »
I'm with you guys on the headblade. Very overrated and advertised. Been collecting dust for 2 months now... if I even remember where it is? Shaving with a mach 3 is so much faster and smoother the headblade doesn't even compare.
The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the Past better than it was,
the Present worse than it is & the future less resolved than it will be.

Offline rcg5227

• Sly
« Reply #853 on: September 04, 2010, 08:00:44 AM »
Right now I'm using a headblade with a women sensor blade. I have the blade reversed and use it in a pulling motion instead of pushing the blade. Pushing the blade was a bad idea, as I was razor burned severely and had to stop shaving for two weeks. By the time the two weeks were up, I had to have my wife's hair lady clipper it back down to the scalp. The headblade was a b-day present from my sister-in-law. It was trial and error with the headblade. I started using women's sensor blades and like i posted above, I put the blade on backwards. I usually use the shaving cream my wife uses. She usually uses the generic version of skintimate or some other type of store brand women's shaving gel.
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/100913/samp9b3884feb623b6eb.jpg[/img] [/url]

---"The greatest action is not conforming to the world's ways."---

Offline kevin

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #854 on: September 05, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »
Right now - I´ve sly´d (is that term?) twice my head, both times with a Mach 3 and so far so good.