Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624140 times)

Offline suckerv

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #810 on: June 09, 2010, 07:38:43 PM »
I just bought the new Fusion Pro Glide razor, and I am being completely honest when I say that it is the smoothest, closest shave I have ever experienced with the least amount of irritation.  And this is coming from a guy who's used the Mach III, Fusion, Headblade, Rolling Razor, electric razors, etc.  I think I finally found a winner!  O0

I JUST read your post after posting mine...lol.  Ah well, I guesswe all prefer different razors.  Probably all the different head shapes, hair thicknesses, skin sensitivity etc...

Offline BikerDave

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #811 on: June 12, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »
Schick Quattro and Edge Gel. No cuts, even when I'm scraping hard. Never found an electric razor that was worth a crap.
If I'd known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Offline BigMike

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #812 on: June 16, 2010, 09:18:02 PM »
Former fusion power user switched recently to schick hydro 5 and love it... got my free fusion proglide power in the mail and about to take the proglide challenge..... after first inspection of the proglide im noticing that its cheap feeling.. very plasticy and noisey when turned on.. it has a nice blue light on the power button though which is pretty cool.. gillette is gonna have their hands full trying to get a better shave than the hydro 5 but here goes nothing.. ill post results soon but i am very skeptical

Offline BigMike01

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #813 on: June 21, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »
I started shaving with a Mach 3, have now been using a Sensor for about the last 4 years. I liked the Mach 3,very close shave but alot of nics. With the Sensor I have no nic and no problems. But question, I've read alot of posts, has anyone tried the Schick Hydro 3, it say better shave than Mach3? I got one as a gift for fathers day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline TGB1

• Sly
« Reply #814 on: June 21, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »
I have used the Gillette products for a long time. Every time something new comes along I try it but always return to the Gillette stuff. Picked up a Proglide  this week and I like it. I use no soap or gel when I shave, just sweat from the steam room/dry sauna and have no issues with irritation or nicks.
.....the quiet brightness of the city disconcerts. Somewhere malfeasance percolates. There is work to be done.

Offline BigMike01

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #815 on: June 21, 2010, 05:02:08 PM »
OK,  I just decided to jump in and try the Hydro3. First impression, not for me. It nicked every little bump I have. Plus I had to go over the majority several times before it felt close enuff. I still had to finish up with my trusty sensor. So I'll finish up the cartriges that came with the Hydro on my face but the sensor won out today on my head...

Offline BlackJamesRackham

• Sly Bucco
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #816 on: June 23, 2010, 08:38:59 PM »
After over 2 years of headshaving...the headblade is still my weapon of choice. I've been using the pro glide to touch up the ear area and lower neck. Not bad at all.
Rockin' "Sly" since 2008

Offline manic62

• Thinning by Nature, Bald by Choice
« Reply #817 on: June 24, 2010, 04:18:45 PM »
@ Tyler.  Can you tell us what Remington you use?  I have been trying to find a good electric to shave my head and haven't found anything that can match a blade.  This is sad because I take blood thinners and a bad cut on the head from a razor can become a big deal for me.

That said, I am now using the Personna M5 Magnum and love it.  The price where I am is 1/3 of the Fusion.  I accidentally used my Fusion, my face razor, to shave my head the other day.  It had been a few days and the stubble was a little long. The Fusion did a horrible job because the blades are so close together and I wasn't rinsing the razor enough.  The M5 did the great clean up job.  At BJ's discount club, near my house, I bought the M5 razor and 16 cartridges for $15 on sale; regular price was $18.  I bought 4 packs, which was good, because they stoppped carrying them.  Saw some places on the web where you can get some really good deals too.  I would definitely recommend the M5, as a great razor and a great price.  O:O

Oh yea, I'm using the Bald Guyz Shaving Gel which works really well and with no irritation if you rewet your head and don't shave with dry gel.  I also use the moisturizing gel and shampoo.  I got the package deal they offered here on SBGs.  I'm happy with them all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 08:15:24 PM by manic62 »

Offline Nonick

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #818 on: June 24, 2010, 10:24:14 PM »
Fusion here; mostly.  I started with the Mach 3 and it was decent, but the Fusion is superior.  Now if it could just keep a good edge a little longer...   :x!

Offline Morthen

• Super Sly
« Reply #819 on: June 25, 2010, 12:26:40 AM »
Im really impressed with these razors I bought at wal mart, it was like 6 bucks for 8 of them. Called the Schick Extreme 3, works great, best razor I've used so far for my head
Bryce
Sly since May 16th, 2010

http://l33t.razerzone.com/index.php?user_dtl=a93edc2f9430bed4c6b2382425c327c0

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #820 on: June 26, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
I tried the proglide.  Not that impressed. Less drag and irritation, but not close at all.  I tried the new schick and it did a much better job but still not as close as the xtreme3.  I'm beginning to hoard the xtreme3 in fear that they will stop making it.

Offline DigitalGambit

« Reply #821 on: June 27, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
I use the Fusion, with Gillette foam.  Don't like the stubble an electric leaves behind.

Offline DigitalGambit

« Reply #822 on: June 27, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
Fusion here; mostly.  I started with the Mach 3 and it was decent, but the Fusion is superior.  Now if it could just keep a good edge a little longer...   :x!

No kidding.  I love the shave I get, but the blade's dead after 2 uses. 

Offline Metch

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #823 on: July 02, 2010, 08:40:24 AM »
Anyone try the Schick hydro 5? There must have been a shipping mistake because when my new trumpet case came in, it was in the box with it.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #824 on: July 02, 2010, 09:31:47 PM »
Anyone try the Schick hydro 5? There must have been a shipping mistake because when my new trumpet case came in, it was in the box with it.
hey metch:  here's my review of the schick hydro 5:

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=12521.0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!