Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624152 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2007, 12:13:16 PM »
i say we nominate someone. i am not eligible. i nominate OCH.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »
rubbing alchohol and a match works well too. O0

Guess we're combining threads here, but I would think you might look like this after you applied this technique...

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline wuffybehr

• Learning the way of Sly
  • Just posing!
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2007, 08:15:29 PM »
I just got my headblade sport today in the mail.  And all i can say is SWEET... closest shave on the dome...Took about a pass or two to get used to.  (after I remembered...LEAD with the blade... :/O

Now my head feels wonderful.

A little Headlube Matte that was in the box with the Headblade, and I'm set to rock.

Awesome product!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2007, 08:28:23 PM »
I just ordered that the Silver Refill kit off of the HeadBlade Website.  Pretty good, for $34... HeadSlick, HeadShed, HeadLube, and the Accessory Kit... But to tell you the truth, I am wondering if it is worth it.  Four Razors, and the support stuff.  I don't know, if the Razors last me the Month, I will be a Happy Camper, otherwise, I don't know.  I will post up my review after i get my package.
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2007, 11:28:51 PM »
I just got my headblade sport today in the mail.  And all i can say is SWEET... closest shave on the dome...Took about a pass or two to get used to.  (after I remembered...LEAD with the blade... :/O

Now my head feels wonderful.

A little Headlube Matte that was in the box with the Headblade, and I'm set to rock.

Awesome product!

O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #245 on: March 10, 2007, 05:19:23 AM »
i say we nominate someone. i am not eligible. i nominate OCH.
Gee thanks there Paul, I'm glad to see your looking out for my best interest! I think I will stick to Clear Head thanks.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

jusbnme

« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »
I have to honestly admit that everyone's reviews on the HeadBlade made me give it one more shot.  I went out about this past week and bought a HB Sport, some HeadSlick, and HeadLube.  It took a few tries and it was a little awkward at first but I think I can get use to it.  I'm still not sure if it's the best for the dome but I definitely love the HeadSlick and HeadLube.  Thanks for the motivation guys.  I may have been converted.  Hallelujah!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:35:44 AM by Lance »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #247 on: March 12, 2007, 10:48:15 AM »
I have to honestly admit that everyone's reviews on the HeadBlade made me give it one more shot.  I went out about this past week and bought a HB Sport, some HeadSlick, and HeadLube.  It took a few tries and it was a little awkward at first but I'm finally sold.  HeadBlade is the best razor for my dome I have ever used.  Even against the grain.  I definitely love the HeadSlick and HeadLube.  Thanks for the motivation guys.  I've offically been converted.  Hallelujah!!!!!!!

Can I get an AMEN?!?!?!?!?!?!
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2007, 11:49:16 AM »
A-MEN!

By the way, I thought I'd try some generic Atra razors. I went to Albertson's and picked up their house brand, Atra Plus equivalents. Their house brand (at least for shaving products) is called "Equaline" and the razors are the "Pivot Twins with Lubricating Strip". I think I paid around $5 for 10 pack (threw away the receipt). Quality blade, and the lubrication on the strip didn't rub off as quickly as the green colored strips on the dual blades that came with my HeadBlade accessory kit. I know Walgreens sells an Atra equivalent (called Twin Plus ) under their house brand name that runs $5.49 for 15 blades (better deal). Might give those a whirl.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »
schro                          have you tried an old lawn mower blade? or do lawn mowers pollute cali. air too much? >:D

jusbnme

« Reply #250 on: March 12, 2007, 01:17:37 PM »
A-MEN!

By the way, I thought I'd try some generic Atra razors. I went to Albertson's and picked up their house brand, Atra Plus equivalents. Their house brand (at least for shaving products) is called "Equaline" and the razors are the "Pivot Twins with Lubricating Strip". I think I paid around $5 for 10 pack (threw away the receipt). Quality blade, and the lubrication on the strip didn't rub off as quickly as the green colored strips on the dual blades that came with my HeadBlade accessory kit. I know Walgreens sells an Atra equivalent (called Twin Plus ) under their house brand name that runs $5.49 for 15 blades (better deal). Might give those a whirl.

I'm with you on this one brother.  I've been using the Atra blades but for the hell of it I picked up some generic Atra blades the other day just to try it out.  I really didn't notice too much of a difference with the generics and I only paid about $5 for a 10 pack.  Just like Schro said.  I did notice it was just a little harder to rinse the generics but not too bad.  If they keep doing a decent job I might stay with the generics in HB.  Hey, why not save a little dough if you can?

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #251 on: March 12, 2007, 01:18:58 PM »
schro                          have you tried an old lawn mower blade? or do lawn mowers pollute cali. air too much? >:D
No, but that crap that spews from your mouth seems to find its way out to the left coast!!  :*))

Thank You, Thank You. Please remember to tip your waitresses and please return your stewardess to her full and upright position.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »
ok    truce? even though california is just new york with a better tan.   no offense to anyone else. only schrojunk.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #253 on: March 12, 2007, 01:28:26 PM »
even though california is just new york with a better tan.   .

Now, them's fightin' words!  b0x3r

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #254 on: March 12, 2007, 01:33:21 PM »
if we are gonna both feel like hell the next day, we might as well drink instead of fight. would be more fun anyway. i ain't much of a fighter. BUT I LIKE DRINKIN'