Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 626756 times)

Offline JamesCT

• Sly Jr.
    • Adam & Andy
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #615 on: November 28, 2008, 11:50:21 AM »
I use the Gilette Fusion. I've tried the Mach 3, Extreme 3, Old Spice 4X4, and others. They all gave me a close shave, but the Gilette Fusion gives me a close and comfortable shave.

I shave at least 4X per week ( I would do it daily but I'm often running out the door to get to work).

I use one Fusion cartridge per month. The first shaves are always the smoothest, but the blades do last.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #616 on: November 28, 2008, 01:58:01 PM »
Hey Jay, welcome to SBG. Sounds like you have your routine down.
Post up an introduction in the appropriate section.

Enjoy the forum, and keep it smooth.      O0

Offline ChefMartin812

• Sly Chef
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #617 on: November 30, 2008, 08:40:23 PM »
I use a Mach 3 and shave every day. I change out blades once every seven days... I could probably go longer but don't want to risk a nick.

Offline kenrh

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #618 on: December 03, 2008, 05:02:20 PM »
Hi Guys
As a new guy to the site I have found so far that the Mach III is the way to go.  I have a Head Blade but, for me, find it cumbersome.  I can't seem to hold it properly particularly when it is slick with cream.  I really like the HeadBlade lube though.
Ken

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #619 on: December 12, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »
I'm using a replated Gillette NEW head on one of my custom handles, BBS.

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #620 on: December 13, 2008, 11:26:55 AM »

Ouch that looks sweet !!

Offline DaithiSean

• Sly
  • stern mode whilst trying to work my webcam
« Reply #621 on: January 02, 2009, 05:37:29 AM »
Its probably a bit of overdoing things but I use a Headblade Sport and then go over things again with a Gillette Fusion - which I then use on my face.  I find that I have to use both in order to get the completely smooth result that I'm after.

Offline TANK25

• A PHILLY GUY
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #622 on: January 02, 2009, 08:24:40 PM »
I`M another Gillette Fusion guy.It is the best razor I have used so far.
Don`t sweat the small stuff.<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-users1.imagechef.com/ic/stored/2/090107/sampc1253c6e4ba15e87.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #623 on: January 02, 2009, 08:28:23 PM »
I`M another Gillette Fusion guy.It is the best razor I have used so far.
hey tank:  welcome 2 the sly fraternity.  post up in the INTRODUCTION section of the forum so that we can give ya a proper welcome.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline oldkookskater

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #624 on: January 14, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
Fusion, also.  I tried the headblade and used it for a few months, but I kept going back to the Fusion. 

I saw another thread where the rolling razor was mentioned.  It looks interesting and might be what I try next.
rob

Offline Noodles

• Proud Melon Member of The Sly Guy Club!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Fireman Dave
« Reply #625 on: January 19, 2009, 02:10:48 PM »
!B@   Has anyone tried the Gillette X-treme 3 ??

I'm a Fusion guy@ heart, but recently I had a chance to try the X-treme 3, and all I can say is WOW!

The closeness is simply, unbelievable - unlike I have ever witnessed with the power of FUSION, or the MACH, or even the HEADBLADE, for that matter..... With the X-treme, I find that I can get "BONE CLOSE" - and that, my fellow Sly Brothers, is closer than close can get for this lil' 'ol dome of mine!  O0

Not knockin' any of these brands, (or any other, for that matter), because I will still use them occasionally, but for those of you who may still be in the "experimental razor test mode", you might consider giving this razor a shot.

-Cap'n Noodles-

PS. I see quite a few posts about guys ending their shaving routine with alcohol? (I am only guessing, but I suppose most are referring to Witch Hazel brand. If wrong, someone please correct me).  Is the alcohol suppose to help with ingrown and/or irritation, or what?

Thanks, guys, for the replies / feedback in advance!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 02:18:46 PM by Noodles »

Offline D.A.L.U.I.

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #626 on: January 19, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
Thanks for that tip on Extreme 3, I'm always willing to try another blade--H_LL I don't have to pay a barber $30 to trim the dying mop, so I have a little extra around for such matters.  On the alcohol, I started when Warhawk had a barber shave and a spray of alcohol was used.  Now I use it on my second, against the grain pass when I put the remaining creme from my brush on and really clean it up.  Smooth for 8-12 hours.  It's amazing.  I'm going to give the E3 a shot to see if I can get it to go even longer. O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #627 on: January 19, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
I think that just goes to show you that everyones noggin and hair is different. I use to use the Extreme 3 before the Fusion and just tried switching back for a few days last week and the Extreme 3 was lacking for me. I have always thought that what works good for some doesn't necessarily work for others and I am still holding to that thought..... :-\

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #628 on: January 21, 2009, 01:48:47 PM »
 Heya bros,  been at this now for what... about 6 months or so.  I have found that the "Least is more" method works best for me.  I take a nice hot shower (or if time allows) a groovin' bubble bath with the wife.  (The headblade has more than one use ;)!)  I use an Apricot scrub followed by King of Shaves Alpha gel. The stuff has built in anti-bacterials. For the cutting, I use a headblade with Atra blades, and go against the grain.  I use a Fusion for the neck meat, face and touch-ups around the ears.  After the shave, I splash on some Witch Hazel, Glossy Lube and away I go!  Seems to work well.  In the summer I use Headblades spf and keep some Bald Guyz wipes in the fridge in my classroom.  Way refreshing.  Crap!  I guess I am not all that "Least is more-ish!"  Wow!  I almost border on the bald metro!  Zoinks!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #629 on: January 25, 2009, 10:29:10 AM »

Ouch that looks sweet !!

I sold that razor and I'm now using this one.
Amboyna Burl handle with a replate Gillette NEW head with long hooks.
Made in the days when Gillette Made REAL razors.
80 years old and will still be mowing down whiskers long after all the Fusions have been tossed in the trash bin.

[img]

Enter your email address: