Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 627854 times)

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2007, 10:18:17 AM »
Thanks guys! I look forward to hanging out and getting to know my way around here more.

-Cam

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »

[/quote]

Give the DE a try, at least on the face.  They give the closest shave ever after a little practice.  Plus the blades are very cheap!
[/quote]

I've since used my DE on my face a couple times.  Got a really good shave with it today, seems very close.  Patience and taking the extra time are the only drawbacks.  I honestly can't tell that the Fusion gets any closer than what I got today but it is quicker and you can be more careless.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #197 on: February 11, 2007, 04:40:25 PM »
I've since used my DE on my face a couple times.  Got a really good shave with it today, seems very close.  Patience and taking the extra time are the only drawbacks.  I honestly can't tell that the Fusion gets any closer than what I got today but it is quicker and you can be more careless.
It does take more time and patience to use a DE.  Stick with it and the shaves you get will be better and better.  What type of blade are you using?  Some blades are sharper than others.

I know a guy who only uses a DE on his head and face.  This peaked my curiosity as to weather or not I could shave my head like that.  My last 6 shaves to my head have been with a Gillette Adjustable and a Feather blade.  I have gotten some really close shaves with it.  It does take a lot longer but I like the weight of the handle and the blades are dirt cheap.  Will I be replacing the Fusion?  Not anytime soon, I just like knowing I have other options available. 

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #198 on: February 11, 2007, 05:22:52 PM »
I imagine I've got the cheapest, lowest quality blades available.  They're just an off brand I bought at the dollar store.  I really do think it does a better job along the jaw line.

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #199 on: February 17, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »
This morning I shaved the first time with the Fusion.
It was a pretty good shave ... very smooth ... no bumps ... all fine!

I liked it.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2007, 02:50:54 PM »
i got the HB Sport for christmas w/triples. don't like the triples. tried the off brand atra blades that i had on the HBclassic today and have found a winning combo. will try others later but for now i am sticking with the sport and atras.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2007, 02:55:34 PM »
About at the beginning of the month I got my sport with the trip blade and I love em.  My only concern about them is they are only avail thru headblade.  Which can lead to high prices and difficulty buying them.  Like when I got this order, for some reason I was unable to go to the complete order page on the headblade website... had to order over the phone... :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 02:57:28 PM by ar3inc »
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2007, 05:32:47 PM »
 ;) I started with the Mach III Turbo, with which I was satisfied. In the last two days switched to The Fusion, which seems superior: even closer shave, no nicks, significantly less burn. Use it with a good lather of Aveeno  Therapeutic gel. Dome has never been shinier or happier. Kepp sly, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Baldbull99

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
I use the headblade sport... I have done the electric razor thing and it does work pretty good. The original headblade razor was okay, I cut myself alot with it, but the headblade sport works like a champ.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
welcome bull.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2007, 09:59:39 PM »
Welcome Bull!  I just did the switch from the classic to the sport and I'm loving the sport.  The classic gave me just a slight case of razor burn too, when I shaved too frequently.  No problems with the sport.. But i also integrated headshed to my routine. ???
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »
welcome to sly bald guys bull!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2007, 07:52:20 AM »
Welcome, Mr. Bull...

Thanks for posting.....

Love to have you weigh in on other subjects O0

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2007, 01:48:58 PM »
Welcome Bull
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Dooj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #209 on: February 20, 2007, 02:43:43 PM »
Hey Guys, hope all is well.  I am another one that uses the Gillette Fusion Manual with headlube. I used to use the headblade but was nicking myself quite frequently.

Take Care

Dooj

Enter your email address: