Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 624285 times)

Offline Hellboy

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2008, 06:33:32 AM »
Gillette Fusion Power........its smooth, gives a closer shave & fast !!! all it takes me is ~8 strokes (4 front & 4 back); 2 on the sides. Gillette Mach 3 turbo is not bad either.  8)

Welcome, Hellboy!  Looks good dude.
Post up in the intro section, when you get a chance.

Thanx time2shine........jus started exploring slybaldguys yesterday !!! will post an intro soon........

Offline cooncatbob

• Sly
    • Bob'sRazor Works
« Reply #601 on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:43 AM »
I have a new favorite razor.
I made a brass knob for my Merkur Progress and the added weight at the end of the handle made a great razor even better.

I've added fluting to my knobs
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 10:37:27 PM by cooncatbob »

Offline time2shine

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #602 on: September 25, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »
I have a new favorite razor.
I made a brass knob for my Merkur Progress and the added weight at the end of the handle made a great razor even better.

Dang.. nice man.  That is some sweet MacGyver alteration right there.
Closer shave, glides over the noggin, or less irration?  Or all of the above?

Offline Hysteria

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #603 on: September 27, 2008, 08:58:53 PM »
tried 'em all and the Fusion Power is by far the best (in my humble opinion anyway)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2008, 01:50:05 AM »
Gillette Fusion Power........its smooth, gives a closer shave & fast !!! all it takes me is ~8 strokes (4 front & 4 back); 2 on the sides. Gillette Mach 3 turbo is not bad either.  8)

Welcome, Hellboy!  Looks good dude.
Post up in the intro section, when you get a chance.

Thanx time2shine........jus started exploring slybaldguys yesterday !!! will post an intro soon........

Welcome!  I've been looking for that intro...
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Thompson

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #605 on: October 02, 2008, 09:12:15 AM »
I use Gillete Fusion,and I am satisfied with the results.

Offline MattD

• Sly Jr.
  • They call it the Damato
« Reply #606 on: October 02, 2008, 12:23:03 PM »
I'm on day 5 using the CVS brand M3's on my headblade. O0 Don't think i'll be going back to the HB doubs.

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #607 on: November 05, 2008, 06:37:54 AM »
I have tried the Mach 3 (I like but too expensive), The Schick Quattro (Mach 3 is better though) and the Fusion (WAY TO EXPENSIVE) so I just use the Headblade.  I wish the cartridges for the Mach 3 and Fusion were not so expensive though
God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #608 on: November 05, 2008, 04:53:07 PM »
My main shaving razor is the HeadBlade sport, with Atra plus or Personna double blades.

I will alternate every so often with my HB classic, which I have set up with the black adapter to use with the Sensor blades.

I also throw a disposable in the mix now and then, and I recommend the Mach III or the Schick Extreme 3. These two work best for me.

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #609 on: November 05, 2008, 05:32:19 PM »
I have tried the Mach 3 (I like but too expensive), The Schick Quattro (Mach 3 is better though) and the Fusion (WAY TO EXPENSIVE) so I just use the Headblade.  I wish the cartridges for the Mach 3 and Fusion were not so expensive though

I guess it's all in what you consider expensive.....I buy 4 Fusion blades and they last me 2 months....I get 2 weeks out of a blade.....I spend a lot more money on other things and the noggin is not the place to scrimp.....IMO..... O0

cargoguy

« Reply #610 on: November 15, 2008, 12:06:39 AM »
I like the Shick Extreme. The blade can curve with the formation of my scalp...works good for me. I started with the Gilette Mach 3 though...about 10 years or so ago.

Offline shavedGabe

• Being you is the best way to go.
  • Sly Guy in Training
  • I know I dont look good with a smile but I try.
« Reply #611 on: November 17, 2008, 12:18:19 PM »
I tend to use a HB, but due to the blade going bad (it got dull) I tossed it and now I just use Schick "comfort plus". To me its a better razor to use because I have a sensitive scalp.
outragously

PE#1

« Reply #612 on: November 17, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
I like the Shick Extreme. The blade can curve with the formation of my scalp...works good for me. I started with the Gilette Mach 3 though...about 10 years or so ago.

Same here.  I use the refillable Schick Extreme.  I started with the Mach 3 a long long while back.  Always seemed to miss spots and dull up too quick for me.  Then tried HeadBlade off and on for about a year.  Got real nicked up with it and frustrated.  Finally got the hang of it but it just proved to awkward for me in certain places on my dome.  Then I gave the Schick Extreme a try and was sold.  The way the blades bend is perfect for the "dents" and grooves on my head.  Especially right behind my ears and at the base of my neck.  Those are two spots that would always be left a little rough after a shave with any other razor.  But with the Schick Extreme I'm always left smooth.   O0

Offline BruceWillisJunior

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #613 on: November 17, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »
I use a Headblade sport with mostly Gilette Sensor doubles ,  my dome is sensitive , I can't do no more than 2 shaves per blade and I buy in bulk, I go to Sams Wholesale  and buy the 25 count pack of Gilette Sensor for like $35.00 and that will usually last me 3 months, I shave my head every other day. When I first started out shaving my head 6 years ago I was using  a Braun Foil shaver, I was having to shave everyday and it took like 15 minutes of going over and over, but it was just a basic $40.00 cheap Braun foil shaver.I've been thinking about buying a really good quality Foil shaver for Christmas because thats when a lot of models come out, I mean like a good $100  wet/dry Foil shaver, just for a change, I can always go back to the Headblade.

Offline Shaf

• Sly
« Reply #614 on: November 25, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »
Been trying the KingOfShaves Razor for the past week.  Not impressed myself  :-[