Author Topic: What razor do you use?  (Read 623985 times)

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
Re: What razor do you use?
« Reply #570 on: July 16, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
Just switched back to Headblade with Sensor Excel for Women.... 10 pack for $5 on the Walgreens clearance shelf.

The guy who checked me out was sly, too....

We're taking over.

Offline BJ

• Sly
« Reply #571 on: July 16, 2008, 02:05:33 PM »
Just switched back to Headblade with Sensor Excel for Women.... 10 pack for $5 on the Walgreens clearance shelf.

The guy who checked me out was sly, too....

We're taking over.

Sensor Excel for woman??
My local store had a clearance on Venus disposables. Very cheap but I wasn't gonna put a blade meant for ladies private parts near my bald head.

Hey Cy, if it works for you, that's cool.  O0
And with the way the economy is going I won't be shaving with hot water water for long.

Offline Argyle

• Super Sly
    • The Mighty Pilgrims
« Reply #572 on: July 16, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »
I have always one and off been a mach III guy, tried the fusion but just didnt get on with it
A SBG's head shines so other SBG's always have the opportunity to see the reflection of how good they look!

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #573 on: July 16, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
I'm trying about everything.

Atra = Always get a nick.
Headblade = Always get a nick.
Schick Quattro Titanium = Got one nick using it. Not bad, but for the price I'll stick with the Fusion or Mach3.
Mach3 = Nick free, more drag than the Fusion.
Fusion = Nick free + expensive.

Right now I'm combining the Mach3 with the Venus Divine blades (yes, the women's ones). I have to say, they do seem to bring the quality up to par with the Fusion and bring the cost down... I'm liking this combo so far. The Divine blades that I'm using are bluish and have a rounded design so they get in all the grooves of my head better. Also works great on the neck area (both front and back). The only drawback is the distance from the front of the cartridge to the first blade (could be tricky getting under the nose).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 03:21:42 PM by Lucky13MN »

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #574 on: July 17, 2008, 06:10:56 PM »
"Sensor Excel for woman??"

The only difference is they're made with light blue plastic instead of black.... I bet they'd look good on the HeadBlade Clear.... (Tyler, I still want one....)

lol

Offline Michael

• I Sly therefore I am!
  • Super Sly
  • Last year's Christmas Parade
« Reply #575 on: July 18, 2008, 10:24:14 PM »
I have been using the Gillette Fusion.  I used a Headblade Sport until it chewed up my neck fat roll. Ouch!!!  :Xo!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/090223/sampd7548abedf90277d.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Timmay

• Team Sly
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #576 on: July 19, 2008, 06:43:59 AM »
whats wrong with using a blade made for a woman?  Most of the time they are designed to give them a nice slick clean cut for their legs.  I have used my wife's blades a few times and I will say...less clogs and a smooth cut.

Offline J Digory

• My head's like my bass playin': Smooth
  • Super Sly
« Reply #577 on: July 21, 2008, 12:12:11 AM »
Maybe they fear the girl cooties, which would obviously be on anything made for girls, too. :P If a lady's razor did the best job on my head I would use it. But then again I wouldn't go out of my way to find out if it was the best, unless I had some serious trouble shaving my dome.

Offline slyinglide

• Give till it hurts!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Work hard, Play harder, Love Often
« Reply #578 on: August 12, 2008, 03:01:03 AM »
Maybe they fear the girl cooties, which would obviously be on anything made for girls, too. :P If a lady's razor did the best job on my head I would use it. But then again I wouldn't go out of my way to find out if it was the best, unless I had some serious trouble shaving my dome.

They fear what they don't know.......I have in the past been in the shower, rushing to groom myself because I am again running late to get somewhere important, and reached over and grabbed the Girlfriends Venus leg razor and defuzzed the DOME, and I have been very surprised at the smoothness of the shave it gave me. Had it been used before? Don't know and don't care. It was there and it worked great.  Did I go out and buy them for myself, Hell No.  I live in a house with my girl friend and her 2 teenage daughters, they would have disappeared the moment I entered the door from the store.  I'll stick with my Mach3, at least they don't borrow it to shave their legs and what ever else they are shaving with,  as far as I know.   
I was told to think outside the box, how did I get in the box in the first place?

Offline gardner179

• Sly
  • uk sly
« Reply #579 on: August 12, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »
Have just started using the new king of shaves azor razor, after using the headblade  i find this razor much more forgiving. this razor has only been on sale in the uk for the last week or so, it may not be available in the states yet. This is a very forgiving razor. it has four blades like the fusion but the blades are a lot cheaper, The razor handle is what makes this razor so flexible,it gives a remarkable shave with no nicks, I , finishinguse it with king of shaves kintexium shaving oil, finishing of with Headlube matt.

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2008, 01:48:43 PM »
We American Baldies hate it when you Brit Baldies get something first that we can't buy.  :Xo!

SimplyRed  :*))  :*))  :*))
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #581 on: August 12, 2008, 03:39:51 PM »
I have one :)

Didn't work out too well for me though... but it's cool being one of, if not the only guy in the US with one. O:O

Offline Sly Red

• GSG Southerner in Exile
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
    • Facebook
« Reply #582 on: August 12, 2008, 03:40:45 PM »
In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing.” Oscar Wilde

Offline The Zook

• One Blade Renegade
  • Super Sly
  • Collector O'Razors
« Reply #583 on: August 12, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Wanna buy it? I have extra blades too! :D

Offline Tor

• Ride the World!
  • Sly
  • Bald Rider
« Reply #584 on: August 13, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
Just joined here today. Nice site. Using the Fusion. Blades are expensive though.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.