Author Topic: Still experimenting......  (Read 2136 times)

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
Still experimenting......
« on: February 03, 2023, 02:14:39 PM »
Hi all, kinda slow in here, thought I'd check in, see what's new.
I've been bald on and off (mostly on) since x-mas day 2011. Presently I use a Gillette pro glide power razor, I tried a bic triple blade titanium disposable but went back to sooooo overpriced Gillette.Everything else, shave gel, moisturizer, etc. is still up in the air. Now that I'm retired I've got plenty of time to make baldness my hobby. No, really, I'm lovin' it!

I'm curious how many folks will check in and say Hi.

Later......... O:O
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 02:17:08 PM by guido57 »

I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Still experimenting......
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 04:43:30 PM »
Hi Guido, nice to see you here! Yes, pretty quiet here now.

I'm retired too, so I have plenty of time for daily headshaving. I still have most of my hair, so I have alot to shave. Bald for nearly 10 years and I use the Shick Extreme 3 disposable razor.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 09:01:46 PM »
Hey Guido,

Good to see you here. Blades are crazy expensive. I use a Gillette 5 blade. I’ve been shaving since 2006. It’s been on and off…..mostly on! I like to grow some fuzz every now and then. I’m actually a recent convert to 5 blades. I was a die hard Mach 3 then gave  a 5 blade a try again and realized what I’ve been missing on.

You have some awesome face hair, is that a beard or a goatee? Looks like the sides may be trimmed short? Really like the length.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 09:23:21 AM »
I’ve found that the Gillette Fusion 5 blade razor gives me the smoothest shave as well.  I stumbled across it by chance a few years ago when I got one with my Braun foil shaver. 

Offline guido57

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 10:51:38 AM »
Hi guys, great "talking" to some bald guys!
Gillette blades, while they work great, are way, way, way overpriced, but I keep going back to them. I usually shave both face and noggin everyday, I love the smooth, hairless feel. I shave my face with a Phillips Norelco electric razor.
Reddog, thanks for the facial hair compliment, it was a goatee, I'm forever letting it grow, changing this to that, etc. That pic is like nine years old.

Gentlemen, enjoy your weekend.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 10:53:10 AM by guido57 »
I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind. I should not be ungrateful to those teachers.
                                                                    ~Kahlil Gibran~

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 01:49:53 AM »
HI ~guido57
Good to have you here.  I have been using the leaf razor, with three blades and its great.  The company is great too very responsive.  I had a couple of issues and they instantly sent replacement razors over.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2023, 07:30:27 AM »
Just recently got back to head shaving. Was doing a #1 Wahl for a few months. I like the Pit Bull head shaver . Very fast about 2 minutes. Not super close, but good for my likes.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2023, 08:48:08 AM »
Welcome to the board @guido57 !

I an a Gillette Fusion shaver.  I get smooth and comfortable shaves, and only rarely a nick.  If I do get a nick, it is my own fault for pressing too hard or going too quickly.  I also purchase the cartridges in bulk to get a somewhat better price - but they are still expensive.  But I also can go a month with every other day shaving before changing the cartridge.
SlyBeard

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 03:57:59 PM »
I am not picky any multi blade razor works for me and sometimes I just use it Wahl or Andis Barber  pro foil shaver.  I do find however that if I wait one or two days between shaves I get a much better result

Offline Thathawkguy001

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 11:16:56 AM »
I use the leaf because it's a multi blade but it takes the same blades as a DE safety razor  ( you just snap them)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2023, 02:19:14 AM »
Getting a good head shave is one long experiment!  I'm still on the fence about getting a few gizmos but how perfect do I want the shave to be? 

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2023, 06:30:45 AM »
I love those days where you get a 100% baby butt smooth shave! It doesn't happen very often, and who knows why you can't get it that smooth every day.
Bald by choice, and loving it!