Author Topic: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!  (Read 493560 times)

Offline jimmyc

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: BEST Clippers for Head-Shavers Who Don't Like a Razor Shaved Dome!!!
« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2015, 07:53:25 AM »
So, after 2 years of using Philips Norelco I am now back looking for the a replacement.  The quality build of this shaver isn't the best.  Before I commit to buying another device I wanted to opinions between Wahl 5-Star shaver and Skull shaver.

Please help.

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »
Hey, jimmyc!

I recently started using the Wahl 5-Star Balding Clipper. It's well-made and will clearly last a long time (if you take good care of it). The clipper does the job quickly and easily. Some people have complained on Amazon about being injured by the sharp blades, but so far I've avoided that by using it carefully and correctly.

Without a clipper attachment, it takes your hair down to roughly a 1-day's growth. There's a tiny bit of stubble there, but in the eyes of most people, it's a sharp, shiny, bald head. The 1/16" attachment that comes with it is also nice for leaving a little more visible stubble (That's the look I go for if I'm doing a band photo shoot or something... it's a bit more "rock n roll" to have some stubble haha).

I really love it, and don't plan on switching to anything else anytime soon.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #137 on: July 02, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
Wish i could get one in the UK to try!!

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2015, 11:11:00 AM »
You can! Google It
Growing Old Disgracefully - But Bald!

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
You can! Google It

Ebay! No thanks

Offline jimmyc

« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2015, 09:07:19 AM »
Thanks for the review.  I'm still not convinced about wired clipper.  I'm looking for a wireless device that can cut my hair to 0.0mm or very close to that.  I'm still reading up more on this one.

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2015, 12:43:17 PM »
Please let us know when you find them...

Offline SlyMike

• Ad Free VIP
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Big Beard and Bald Head - I love it!
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2015, 10:29:29 AM »
You can! Google It

Ebay! No thanks

You can get them in other places too.  I'm assuming these are them?  http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4480901.htm
First started shaving my head on the 9th October 2014

Offline EN4CER

• Sly
« Reply #143 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »
No, you need to look for the balding clipper.

BaldBeard

« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2015, 03:23:48 PM »
Andis Clippers

1.Andis BGRC (These Clippers Have Detachable Blade So I Recommend You Buy The Blade(s) That Range From #000(Shaved Look)-#00000(Completely Bald Look))

2.Andis BGRC+
(These Are The Same Clippers As The Andis BGRC But These Are Cordless)

3.Andis BGRV (These Are The Same Clippers As The Andis BGRC+ But These Are Faster)

4.Andis T-Outliner (These Clippers Are GREAT For Giving You A Close Shaved Dome)

5.Andis Outliner II (These Are The Same As The Andis T-Outliner But These DON'T Have A T-Blade)

I have a question about this, actually. I've recently went from long-haired to bald in the past year. (Thanks, cancer!) So to make up for the loss on top, I decided to grow a nice mid-length beard; about 3 inches. Thing is, my Panasonic shaver doesn't cut it anymore. Pun intended. I want a nice electric trimmer to use on my head in between my shaves with Head Blade, but also, I need it to do dual-duty for beard-shaping.

I originally wanted the Andis BGR+, but I've had a lot of people say it is not good for beards. I've heard the T-Outliner recommended for that purpose. They say it is great at getting fine detail. But how good is it on the head? I know you can't stick a 000000 blade on there like you can with the BGR+, but has anybody tried it? Am I more likely to get nicks and cuts from the T-blade?

I'd appreciate any suggestions from you gentlemen. I made an account here just so I could ask this question. I don't make a lot, so it would be nice to know I'm not wasting my money.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »
Welcome, Bald Beard!

First, prayers for a speedy recovery-and victory-over cancer

Second, I have had my Andis T-Outliner for more than three years. It has cut real close giving me the impression of a clean-shaven head without the razor during the periods I could not shave with a razor. I still can feel a light fuzz, as only a razor will get you smooth, but they are excellent IMO. That said, be sure to get some clipper oil to keep your blades sharp and they can last a long time. My (occasional) barber also swears by the Andis series. Good luck and keep us posted on everything!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

BaldBeard

« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2015, 11:30:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply, Sir Harry.

Also, I'm actually in remission already. I received radiation and chemo at the end of last year, and all the recent scans show I'm clear. Still, I appreciate the kind words!

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2016, 08:02:09 AM »
I use the Andis BGRC with the outliner, #000000 blade. This blade is .1mm, so it leaves stubble twice as short as the #00000, which is .2mm.  It's advertised as leaving about 5 hours post razor shave growth for the #000000 vs. 10 hours post razor shaved growth for the #00000. I can easily use this blade with and against the grain all over my head for a very shaved look. Good alternative if you like having just the tiniest bit of stubble rather than totally smooth. I bought the non-ceremic blade for the #000000 as the ceramic blades are a little scratchy when used against the grain.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #148 on: January 07, 2016, 11:28:46 AM »
I use the Andis BGRC with the outliner, #000000 blade. This blade is .1mm, so it leaves stubble twice as short as the #00000, which is .2mm.  It's advertised as leaving about 5 hours post razor shave growth for the #000000 vs. 10 hours post razor shaved growth for the #00000. I can easily use this blade with and against the grain all over my head for a very shaved look. Good alternative if you like having just the tiniest bit of stubble rather than totally smooth. I bought the non-ceremic blade for the #000000 as the ceramic blades are a little scratchy when used against the grain.

Sounds like a great shaver

Offline CoachDOC

« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2016, 02:14:07 PM »

Can you use them every day without too much irritation?  I've had good success with clippers, but I found I don't like them for everyday shaving.  And I'm trying to find an everyday solution that's quicker than shaving with a blade even if it's not quite as close.

Enter your email address: