Author Topic: SPOTS ON MY HEAD!  (Read 7045 times)

Offline Bangla Bai

• Learning the way of Sly
SPOTS ON MY HEAD!
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:28:19 AM »
Hi Guys,  I have been saving my head for around 7 years now, I shave with the grain. Recently I have noticed I 'm getting lots of spots on the side and the back of my head. The don't seem to be razor bumps or ingrowning hair, They are like red spots with white puss in them. I have tried various scrubs etc.

Any Ideas?

" Turn every house into a fort, Face the enemy with whatever you have, JOY BANGLA! " - Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
Re: SPOTS ON MY HEAD!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:39:35 AM »
Emzzy.

Welcome to sly bald guys!  It sounds like all it is is acne cause by razor irritation and shaving gel. I get the same thing on the back of my neck. Try to shave every 2 or 3 days and they shouln'd be as bad.

Your pours are the most open after you shave. So don't just throw on lotion right after becuase it will clog them and make acne. Also try to not wear a hat for a few hours after you shave, again...dirty hat + open pours = acne.

If is this a new thing happening remember that your body chemistry changes every 5-7 years and you can develop acne where you never had any.

Of course if any of them start constantly oozing or causing you pain, see a dermatologist or dofctor.  But if they pop and heal with in a few days, you should be OK.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 10:11:17 AM »
Hi Guys,  I have been saving my head for around 7 years now, I shave with the grain. Recently I have noticed I 'm getting lots of spots on the side and the back of my head. The don't seem to be razor bumps or ingrowning hair, They are like red spots with white puss in them. I have tried various scrubs etc.

Any Ideas?

Try running some cold water over your freshly shaved melon. It helps. Try using Clear Head from the HeadBlade company also
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:20:17 AM »
emzzy - Welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

Couple questions for you.  What razor and cream/gel do you use?  Do you use any lotions or after shaves on your head?

People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:20:59 AM »
That cold water idea is good because it closes the pores before anything can get in there.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:54:25 AM »
Welcome to the group, emzzy!  yeah, with the advice of Dr Noner and colleagues I can offer anything else but a warm welcome. ;)
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 12:14:25 PM »
welcome to the fraternity. nothing else to add to what the brothers have said.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Bangla Bai

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys,
I Use the Gillette Fusion I use King Of shave shaving gel and I having been using    Korres Marigold Aftershave Balm for the past year and hav not had any problemz using these items. From today I have been using Min Solutions 2 which prevents redness bumps and ingrown hairs as my aftershave lotion. Not sure if u have heard of it its brand new over here in England.
" Turn every house into a fort, Face the enemy with whatever you have, JOY BANGLA! " - Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 05:28:48 PM »
Good advice from the others, all I can add is hearty welcome.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 07:56:21 PM »
Welcome Bangla Bai
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt