Author Topic: Headblade and Products  (Read 19816 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Headblade and Products
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »
I'm normally not a person to jump on any bandwagon, but I have to this time with yet another shameless endorsement of the HeadBlade.  My first contact with the Sly community was not because I didn't like being sly but what I thought at that time was the daily hassle.  Everyone convinced me to stick with it and now that I've just had one of the easiest shaves of my dome ever, I will never even think of having hair again.  I normally have a real tough time with the top back part of my head where the hair is particularly thick and coarse.  I always have to attack it three or four times.  Two passes, with and against the grain, and I was as slick as I ever wanted to be.  The only thing is:   HOW DO I STOP DOING WHEELIES WITH THE DAMN THING? Thanks for the great advice from everyone, glad you're out there.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 08:03:44 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2007, 08:11:09 PM »
The only thing is:   HOW DO I STOP DOING WHEELIES WITH THE DAMN THING? Thanks for the great advice from everyone, glad you're out there.
Are you using one of the plastic versions of the HeadBlade?  If you like the plastic ones then you would love the S4.  In my opinion it totally blows the original plastic one away (I have never tried the Sport version).  It is bigger and has more weight to it making it easier to handle.  It is a little pricey but well worth it.  I use a Fusion for daily shaving but will get out my S4 on occasion to change the routine.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 08:15:04 PM »
 HOW DO I STOP DOING WHEELIES WITH THE DAMN THING?

I put most of the pressure on my middle finger, the one the ring is around.  And then I use the fingers next to it to balance it.  It takes a bit of practice, but it's better that you're doing wheelies than endos.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
Quote from: Paul link=topic=982. >:D#msg14991 date=1172285579
 HOW DO I STOP DOING WHEELIES WITH THE DAMN THING?

I put most of the pressure on my middle finger, the one the ring is around.  And then I use the fingers next to it to balance it.  It takes a bit of practice, but it's better that you're doing wheelies than endos.

:'( :'(Good point, as always be glad for what ya got
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 08:30:07 PM »
The only thing is:   HOW DO I STOP DOING WHEELIES WITH THE DAMN THING? Thanks for the great advice from everyone, glad you're out there.
Are you using one of the plastic versions of the HeadBlade?  If you like the plastic ones then you would love the S4.  In my opinion it totally blows the original plastic one away (I have never tried the Sport version).  It is bigger and has more weight to it making it easier to handle.  It is a little pricey but well worth it.  I use a Fusion for daily shaving but will get out my S4 on occasion to change the routine.
Thanks Medicineman, I will keep the S4 in mind for future upgrade.  I'm going to need to stick it out with this for a while and just enjoy that slick feel.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 08:55:44 PM »
Unfortunatly the S4 is no longer available, they were only a limited edition and they have sold out of them. :'(

However I hink that they will be makeing another Signature HeadBlade in the future. ;D
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »
However I hink that they will be makeing another Signature HeadBlade in the future. ;D

Sounds like they should add a Sly Bald Guys logo to that signature series... O0
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »

Sounds like they should add a Sly Bald Guys logo to that signature series... O0
I like that idea also Tyler, I'd definatly buy one.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 10:12:34 PM »
In Canada at least Nova Scotia I can only purchase the classic, headslick and Headlube Matte. I probaby buy from HB online once/year. I want to get a Hoodie or 2 I love them
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 12:16:46 PM »
Unfortunatly the S4 is no longer available, they were only a limited edition and they have sold out of them. :'(
Oh, I didn't realize they were sold out.  There is a guy selling his S4 on the other bald site I post at if anyone is interested.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 02:14:24 PM »
I use my Sport 99% of the time.  I break out the S4 for a change of pace.  On topic, I use a dime size lop of Headslick and rub it on.  Then re-wet the hand and rub some more.  Seems the wetter it is, the slicker it becomes.  Just don't add water to the point of rinsing it off the melon.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
i have found that dropping the sport in HOT water for a few minutes helps as well.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »
i have found that dropping the sport in HOT water for a few minutes helps as well.

Oh yeah!  I fill the sink and let the Sport sit in the water while I soak my head with a wet hot towel, do the head shed and rinse it off.  Probably 3-5 minutes.  It lets the lube strip soften up.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »

Oh yeah!  I fill the sink and let the Sport sit in the water while I soak my head with a wet hot towel, do the head shed and rinse it off.  Probably 3-5 minutes.  It lets the lube strip soften up.
i've followed all the advice with good results, but products came with absolutely no instructions.  used the clear head then the lube after rinsing.  right, yes?

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 02:49:40 PM »
correct. O0

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!