Author Topic: Ready for the Headblade  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Ready for the Headblade
« on: February 17, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »
Ok, after reading countless great threads and product reviews I'm ready to try the Headblade.  Figure if I'm making the committment to stay sly I should do it right.  Before I haul my butt out to some store want to make sure I get everything the first time.  From the threads plan on getting:
1.  Headblade Sport  2.  Triple blades   3.  Headslick    4.  HeadShed.  Anything I'm missing?

"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Ready for the Headblade
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:09:42 AM »
headlube. matte or glossy. probably both.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:16:04 AM »
headlube. matte or glossy. probably both.

Thanks.  Knew another Paul would come through.  Think glossy though, like the shine.
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:22:10 AM »
i use the glossy to go places other than work. i kinda like it too. but the oily scalp thing i have sorta hurts the lotion effectiveness. within a few hours i have shiny-due-to-oily. but someone said aloe vera works so i tried it. wow, did my head shine. and the oily thing took a little longer too. who knows? owell good luck.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 11:31:31 AM »
I have a natural shine when I'm just using shaving gel so I'll just experiment and see which works best.  Again much thanks.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 01:26:32 PM »
I have a natural shine when I'm just using shaving gel so I'll just experiment and see which works best.  Again much thanks.

HeadBlade.com has some great starter packages that will give you a bit of a discount if you plan on buying it all at the same time.  You should check those out to save a little cash.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 02:27:25 PM »
Will do that.  Have you ordered via internet before, how is delivery time?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »

I have ordered from them and I think it took about 4 or 5 days, but I don't have my mail delivered to my place of residence, and I only get it every couple of days.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 02:30:40 PM »
use the aloe like an after-shave. if you put it in the fridge it feels really good on a freshly shaved noggin.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

I haven't ordered for a while, but if I remember right, they shipped priority mail, which is supposed to be 2-3 days.  However, that's not guaranteed by the post office.  If they screw it up, it might be 2-3 weeks but that's only happened to me once.  I've never had a delay from Headblade.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 02:35:42 PM »
use the aloe like an after-shave. if you put it in the fridge it feels really good on a freshly shaved noggin.

Yeah Paulie :D  I do this in the summer, feels great!!!  As it is now, I can just go outside and stick my melon in a snow drift.

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 02:41:20 PM »
Ok, after reading countless great threads and product reviews I'm ready to try the Headblade.  Figure if I'm making the committment to stay sly I should do it right.  Before I haul my butt out to some store want to make sure I get everything the first time.  From the threads plan on getting:
1.  Headblade Sport  2.  Triple blades   3.  Headslick    4.  HeadShed.  Anything I'm missing?
Don't forget the Clear Head!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 02:51:02 PM »
Man you guys are great.  Am checking it out on line.  Do I need to get the adapter?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:53:24 PM by Paul »

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 02:54:14 PM »
Headlube Glossy works very fine for me.
Haven't tried the matte one yet ... but I have a sample for that. Gonna try it next time.
But I prefer my chrome dome to be shiny. :)

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 03:02:13 PM »

Yeah Paulie :D  I do this in the summer, feels great!!!  As it is now, I can just go outside and stick my melon in a snow drift.

All great advice.  Will try the aloe routine Paul if summer ever comes again.  In the mean time Medic don't even want to look at any more snow let alone turn my head into a snowcone