Author Topic: aveeno  (Read 5853 times)

Offline EkEkEkEk

• Sly Guy in Training
aveeno
« on: February 13, 2007, 09:57:28 AM »
i keep reading about ingrown hairs and acne. for years i had that issue on my neck and upper chin just below the bottom lip and just recently, within the past six months, i  found a cure.  i have almost totally clear skin on my face and neck now.  i use aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser on face and neck and neutrogena on the spot acne treatment on my neck and face for both ingrown hairs and acne. it seems that when i use the cleanser and clean fresh razor blades that i encounter less problems. both products are gentle and don't clog pores. sephora also carries products by anthony logistics and lab series for men that help clear ingrown hairs.  the lab series product caused some acne before it started working.  i thought sephora was all women cosmetics and felt awkward walking in there, but there's a small men's section with a lot of great stuff.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P124922&categoryId=S5700&shouldPaginate=true

so, i still haven't shaven the noggin, but i was wondering if the products i use on my face would probably help on my head also? could the foaming cleanser be used as an alternative to soap or is body wash the best thing? thanks.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: aveeno
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 10:11:52 AM »
You could probably use the foaming cleanser on your noggin.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:10:54 PM »
I use a facital cleanser on my noggin as well as my face.  I've found that bodywashes dry out my dome.  So, I'm sure you could use it on your head as weel.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 03:39:58 PM »
There are a lot of prducts out there that will help with acne.

But, you may want to first look at your aftershave or lotion. By placing that on freshly shaved skin it is actually absorbed by the pores quicker than it would normally becuase they are opened wider frin shaving.

Make sure that you use a very light moisterizer or one that is mean for sensetive skin and it may help.

Or, simply wash your face with cold water not hot water after shaving. This forces the pores to contract and will help them from getting clogged. If you want to use aftershave, wait at least 15 minutes after the shave.

Dr. Noner

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 03:42:43 PM »
i thought sephora was all women cosmetics and felt awkward walking in there, but there's a small men's section with a lot of great stuff.

That's why that place is a goldmine to meet some lay-days! Just ask any lay-day whether she works there or not and you already have an in for a number.

I don't want to jack this thread, but its a good place to go!