Author Topic: What & when was your first head-shave experience ?  (Read 20694 times)

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: What & when was your first head-shave experience ?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 03:44:13 PM »

...Now I am bald again. :)

So yer a bald again Christian!  Hallelujah!!

(R^!

VERY  (R^!

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 03:54:57 PM »
Jan. 1, 2007 was the first day I went SLY and it's here to stay.

Cheers!
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 04:14:23 PM »
The first time i shaved my head i was 19 i was joining the army reserves with 2 other friends, we all were going to shave our head....I went first and then they chickened out..lol when we got into the reserves tho they were todl to cut their hair shorter lol

Offline Dooj

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 03:14:13 PM »
I started out using clippers at a 0 for about 1 year.  Then one day I broke out my electric razor and started to use that to shave to the skin.  That lasted a couple of years.  Now, I've been shaving with a razor for about 4 months.
[/quote

I did the same thing Tyler except I have been using a razor for about seven months.

Dooj

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »
I can't remember the first time I actually went slick.  Must have been sometime around 1996.  I bought my first clippers in 1994 and clipped with no guard once a week.  I do remember everyone I worked with thought it looked great.  I wish someone would have suggested that I shave it then, the thought never crossed my mind.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2007, 05:08:20 PM »
 :D I shaved it all off on 4th Novrmber 2006, after researching the issue and discovering SBG on the net. The barber cropped it down with a No. 1 guard, which made me look like a No. IV or V on the Norwood Male Pattern Baldness Chart--not acceptable. So, armed with your advice, I picked up the Mach III Turbo and shaved myself clean. Have since moved to the Fusion and have no intention of growing it back (virtually no nicks). Despite Chadin SO's defection, I am happily sly and intend to stay that way. Apart from from my personal odessey, I am convinced that the bald look is here to stay, especially among  hip young men. Cameron is a walking advertisement for the look and for his lady's appreciation of it. Good time to be alive and bald. Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline Apollo5

• currently currently
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 09:38:38 PM »
i did it way back in 97. i was alone(not drunk). I clippered it. then i used a shick protector. I am glad they don't make them any more.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

i was alone(not drunk).

NOT DRUNK???.....you skipped one of the integral steps, man. 

Offline Kajun

• T-Sly Boudreaux
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2007, 03:36:33 PM »

...Now I am bald again. :)

So yer a bald again Christian!  Hallelujah!!

(R^!

now thats funny!  :*))
VIVA LA SLY REVOLUCION!!!

Offline ChallengeMe

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2007, 11:21:37 PM »
I shaved it all off July 3, 2006. I was on vacation that week, so I figured I had a week to get it to look right and get a tan. Took all summer to get it tanned. I had been going bald since I was 20 years old (33 years ago). My barber had been cutting it shorter for a few years. I decided to quit giving money to him and shave it. I took a trimmer to the head, then used a Mach 3 Turbo to finish  it off. 

I was surprised when nobody from work ever commented on it and no one from my family (except wife and daughter) said anything about it. My wife and daughter wanted me to grow my hair back, but that was only because they were so used to me with hair.

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 03:09:06 PM »
It was 2002/2003, Senior Year in Highschool.  I remember that day I went to school, after the previous day getting my Hair cut by my Mom (I wanted to go to the Barber, but she insisted).  Everyone made it a point to tell me that my head looked like it got Skull ^%$#ed by a weed eater.  The sides were uneven, and it just looked in general, bad.  I called up my mother to explain my unhappiness.  I then, when I got home, proceeded to take the Trimmers and cut it short enough that I could take a Razor to it... I then took the Mach 3 to the rest of it. 
I kept it that way for about two weeks, when My mother insisted that I not be allowed to get my Driver's License untill the hair grew back long enough that she could cut it.  At school, the appeal was mixed.  I remember that some thought that it looked chill, while some just thought that I looked like a giant ____(Falic symbol).  That was then, now, I did it because I lost a bet, but I keepdoing it because this time, there is nothing to say that I have to take it back to where it was.  I stand out for all the right reasons... Looking clean, and looking smooth.  I am one of the few that can pull off the look, one of the proud.  I do not have to worry about "How My Hair is", and I am just more comfortable this way.  That translates to how I come off to the rest of the world, and let me say that the ladies like it as well!   >:D Good Times, Great Oldies.  I am not going back.  This Time, Mom is just going to have to get use to the New Look untill it becomes the "same old" me.  8)
Peace

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2007, 03:22:13 PM »
It was 2002/2003, Senior Year in Highschool.  I remember that day I went to school, after the previous day getting my Hair cut by my Mom (I wanted to go to the Barber, but she insisted).  Everyone made it a point to tell me that my head looked like it got Skull ^%$#ed by a weed eater.  The sides were uneven, and it just looked in general, bad.  I called up my mother to explain my unhappiness.  I then, when I got home, proceeded to take the Trimmers and cut it short enough that I could take a Razor to it... I then took the Mach 3 to the rest of it. 
I kept it that way for about two weeks, when My mother insisted that I not be allowed to get my Driver's License untill the hair grew back long enough that she could cut it.  At school, the appeal was mixed.  I remember that some thought that it looked chill, while some just thought that I looked like a giant ____(Falic symbol).  That was then, now, I did it because I lost a bet, but I keepdoing it because this time, there is nothing to say that I have to take it back to where it was.  I stand out for all the right reasons... Looking clean, and looking smooth.  I am one of the few that can pull off the look, one of the proud.  I do not have to worry about "How My Hair is", and I am just more comfortable this way.  That translates to how I come off to the rest of the world, and let me say that the ladies like it as well!   >:D Good Times, Great Oldies.  I am not going back.  This Time, Mom is just going to have to get use to the New Look untill it becomes the "same old" me.  8)
[/quote

Have to tell you Clean that your comments strike home.  No matter what your age, parents can react strongly to going sly.  Finally had to remind mine that I was born bald and they thought I was awesome, now they should feel the same when I choose to be BBC. They do come around in time, or at least give it up.  I like it, my girlfriend likes it, I'm still the same guy, just a lot more comfortable being ME
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 03:49:35 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Cy

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »
I got my first Mach 3 in 2001, and soon after got curious about how it'd work on the head. So I got bored one day after school and buzzed down and finished the rest off with the razor and lather, etc.

I had some red marks all over but they went away after a couple days. No nicks.

All my buddies in high school called me Buddha after that. No joke.

Offline half-shaved

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 12:28:53 AM »
My first time was about 7 years ago. I already had the retreating hairline and my wife had been cutting my hair with the clippers for a while. Well, she decided to chop her hair off from about the middle of her back to above the shoulder and I thought, "Damn, that looks like crap!" but I was told it was her hair and she could do with it what she pleased! Great! Fine! Applying simple logic to this, one would think if one partner could drastically change something about themselves without consulting their partner then the reverse should be true.

Aparently I was wrong...

I was up in Detroit visiting my family and decided it was only fair. She was the only one that hated it, everyone else thought it looked great. When I got home, she wouldn't speak to me for a week...

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 08:38:17 AM »
NOT FAIR!!   :Xo!

BOOOO HISSSSS!!   >:(

Enter your email address: