Author Topic: What & when was your first head-shave experience ?  (Read 20835 times)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
What & when was your first head-shave experience ?
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:02:21 PM »

Does anyone recall their first head-shave experience ?

BaldBill

Offline Blagadan

• Super Sly
  • Feckin' little baldy eejit!
    • My blog: Raiméis
Re: What & when was your first head-shave experience ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:41:05 PM »
My first time wasn't that long ago. *shucks*  :-[  :P
Until recently I used a trimmer set to zero which took everything off bar the "shadow".  It's only a few months ago that I took my sensor 3 to my head and shaved everything.  It felt great but my clothes/hat stuck to my head for a couple of days afterwards.  It's only since coming to SBG that I started shaving regularly.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:43:40 PM »
I started out using clippers at a 0 for about 1 year.  Then one day I broke out my electric razor and started to use that to shave to the skin.  That lasted a couple of years.  Now, I've been shaving with a razor for about 4 months.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

BaldRob

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 02:43:02 PM »
This is actually my 3rd time shaving... don't really remember the first two because they were a long time ago!

This time however has lasted 2 1/2 years (3 years in May).  I was using the clippers with no blade attachment and I decided to try shaving it clean again... liked the way it looks and I'm not looking back!  O0

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:22:26 PM »
Mine was at the hair salon I was going to at the time.    I had tried to trim my own hair and created a driveway at the top center of my head with hair on both sides.

I actually went out that night and bought clippers and shave cream, but never really could get it to work exactly how I wanted it.   So I went to my salon the next afternoon and had them zero guard it.    I liked it a lot and have kept it since.   
bald for life

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 11:24:29 AM »
The first time I shave my dome was a while ago, back in 2001.  I did it cause I messed up cutting my own hair with the trimmers and kept getting "higher and tighter" with the hair cut.  I walk around like a day with the no guard cut and was too annoyed by the Velcro effect, so I bic'd it. 
Almost grew it out because I had too many people ask if I trying to look like Vin from Fast and Furious. :Xo!
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 03:01:14 PM »
Was packin' the trailer to move from Ft. Lauderdale to Denver back in 2003.  Was so freakin' hot (as usual down there)...plus I was huffin furniture and stacks of boxes. 

Needed any relief I could muster...so I grabbed the Wahl clippers and took it down to #2.  With the ease of maintenance and convenience that fostered...I was curious about bic'n it for the next 3 years.

Finally slicked it just shy of two weeks ago......and lovin' it.   :@`
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:38:10 PM by Robmeister »

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 08:08:37 AM »
My first time  :-[ was back in '98. A buddy of mine who had been on the school swim team throughout high school helped me out. It started out with three of us at his house with the Wahl clippers, shaving different designs in each other's hair. Then we proceeded to use an entire bag of BIC disposable razors to get our three noggins completely slick. Kept shaving it for about a month or so then let it grow back.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 05:07:29 AM »
Must have been about 6 years ago.
A friend of mine tried to dye my hair and I didn't like it at all. I always was thinking about shaving my head. So I decided to shave it all odd. First on 3 mm ... then with Mach3 the rest. had the bald look for about 6 month then let it grow again.

Now I am bald again. :)

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 07:51:49 AM »
My first time was almost ten years ago, I was at a truckstop and was tired of trying to style my hair when I woke up at a rest area or on the shoulder of the highway. I wasn't always at a truckstop si I could shower and shave everyday, and since I didn't like to wear hats I just decided to take it all off! I had a full head of thick dark brown hair about shoulder length, I wasn't loseing my my hair, and I can still grow it all back. But I love the way it looks being bald. Although my wife wasn't overly enthusiastic about my new look, after not seeing me for about two weeks. ;D
Oh and I almost forgot, I didn't have any clippers to shave it down first, I only had my Gillette Sensor at the time. It took a long time to shave my whole head and a full pack of new blades.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 07:56:43 AM by The Original Canadian HeadBlader! »
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline frostillicus123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Forgot to Shave this morning
    • My Twitter Explict Language
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 03:48:51 PM »
I bet that hurt dude..... I know when I let it go 2 days it hurts like hell. I bet you are the kind of guy that gets a vasectomy and jobs home after the operation.

My frist time I got my girlfriend to do it for me, took a clost to 30 minutes to do it, we used 2 disposables and a Mach 3 (the power one). She also cut a bump I had on my head..... I no longer have said bump i don't know what it was but it's gone..

After I slicked it, I remember everything being colder.... the pillow felt smooth on the noggin  however slightly cold. I actualy wore bandanas just cause i found it slightly chilli (it was in march, and Nova Scotia would have similar weather patrons as Maine so that might be why)
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/071111/samp9a1d5d13c394b3da.jpg[/img] [/url]

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 06:50:04 PM »
I bet that hurt dude..... I know when I let it go 2 days it hurts like hell. I bet you are the kind of guy that gets a vasectomy and jobs home after the operation.

My frist time I got my girlfriend to do it for me, took a clost to 30 minutes to do it, we used 2 disposables and a Mach 3 (the power one). She also cut a bump I had on my head..... I no longer have said bump i don't know what it was but it's gone..

After I slicked it, I remember everything being colder.... the pillow felt smooth on the noggin  however slightly cold. I actualy wore bandanas just cause i found it slightly chilli (it was in march, and Nova Scotia would have similar weather patrons as Maine so that might be why)
It did hurt a little, but it took a long time. As for the vasectomy, I did have one about three years ago, and that same afternoon I jumped in my truck, ti pick up a load for North Carolina, when I was unloadin down there I riped a couple of stitches. Ouch!!
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline Drackare

• Sly
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 07:06:36 PM »

It did hurt a little, but it took a long time. As for the vasectomy, I did have one about three years ago, and that same afternoon I jumped in my truck, ti pick up a load for North Carolina, when I was unloadin down there I riped a couple of stitches. Ouch!!
I know that feeling ugh

Offline Paul

• Bald Rider
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 11:26:37 AM »
While I always had a buzz type cut from being in the service, got my first true shave just three months ago.  Can't believe I didn't do it sooner. 
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 12:16:37 PM by Paul »
"...and I--I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."  Robert Frost

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »

...Now I am bald again. :)

So yer a bald again Christian!  Hallelujah!!

(R^!