Author Topic: Headblade  (Read 14601 times)

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
Re: Headblade
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 05:46:29 PM »
Im still under the impression that the HB is more hype than function. I have had one for a few years now and I still dont use it as my main razor. It just cuts me too much. The Fusion hasnt ever cut or knicked me.

If HB ever makes a version that can use the Fusion blade, I WILL then be a confirmed HB user. Until then, its more of a novelty that I WISH was perfect. I still support HB for what they are TRYING to do.
I totally agree with you!  I own an S4, and that totally blows the plastic HB's away, it still doesn't provide as good a shave as a Fusion.

I will add that my Fusion has done such a great job since day one, that I've never tried anything else.  It's amazing how close a shave I can get when I get all the rough spots against the grain.   

Follow that with ice cold water on the noggin and my head shines without any glossy.

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »
It's all about personal preference.
When I did have hair, I used this little plastic "brush" that had an adapter that went over your three middle fingers and you brushed your hair front to back. So, using the Head Blade was a natural manuever for me with very little time getting used to it.

For the record, I have shaved my head with a straight razor and found the quality to be comparable. I just find using the HB to be quicker and easier.

Again, personal preference. Regardless, the end justifies the means.
KEEP IT SLY.

Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 09:32:49 PM »
For the record, I have shaved my head with a straight razor and found the quality to be comparable. I just find using the HB to be quicker and easier.
For real?  A Straight?  Scary man, scary. 

Do you shave your face with a Straight?  I tried using one but when I got around the adams apple, I kinda panicked.   

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 03:42:56 PM »
For real?  A Straight?  Scary man, scary. 

Do you shave your face with a Straight?  I tried using one but when I got around the adams apple, I kinda panicked.   

I would have done more than "kinda panicked" I woulda been shakin so much, I coulda sliced my jugular
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline MR. CLEAN

• All the Ladies wanta Know me, All the Fellas' wanta be me... 'Cause I'm Money
  • Super Sly
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
I am a HUGE fan of the Headblade, and to the contrary, I find that when it comes to shaving down the sides and the back, it is a lifesaver.  ofcourse I do have the sport, which has delivered some of the smoothest shaves that my head has ever had.  I nicked the hell out of the back of my head with a regular Mach 3, nothing against it, I still use it on my face, but since I got my HEADBLADE, I have not nicked my head once.  its all about learning your own special technique.  Its like learning all over again how to shave, except this time you are shaving your head and not your face.  Keeps up, keep shaving, you will get it if its tough at first.  two weeks in, and damn, smooth as a babies backside. O0
Peace

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 11:05:53 AM »
Welcome to Sly Bald Guys Mr. Clean!! Thanks for your take on the HeadBlade!  If you get a moment, post up in the introduction boards to let us know a little about you.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
Welcome to the group, Mr Clean!  The times we knick ourselves it sucks :'(
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline Shiny

• Sly
  • Celebrate the bean
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2007, 05:55:03 PM »
Welcome to the group, Mr Clean!  The times we knick ourselves it sucks :'(

Hey Mr Clean, welcome!

Ya I just tried the sensor 3 blade on my HB sport this morning and was gliding across the dome thinking, man this is it when I nicked myself...  First nick with the hb though.  I've used the hb triple, the attra twin and now the sensor 3.  I will stick with the sensor, it is great.  I was just being careless  :-[
I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Enter your email address: