Author Topic: Headblade  (Read 14608 times)

Offline tleiland

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Headblade
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 02:14:34 PM »
I must admit that when I first got the head blade I became very frustrated.  I nicked my head so many times I looked like I had been in a fight with a weedeater and lost.  However, after time, I became more comfortable with the head blade and it wasn't as awkward anymore.  Now I prefer it much more over mach 3 or fusion

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 03:03:53 PM »
I must admit that when I first got the head blade I became very frustrated.  I nicked my head so many times I looked like I had been in a fight with a weedeater and lost.  However, after time, I became more comfortable with the head blade and it wasn't as awkward anymore.  Now I prefer it much more over mach 3 or fusion

Way to stick with it!  I probably would have given up after a few tries and gone back to something else.

By the way, welcome to Sly Bald Guys!!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »
Mr. Leiland...Welcome.

I must say--and I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality.....

you look MAUVELOUS....nice noggin, man O0

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »
Mr. Leiland...Welcome.

I must say--and I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality.....

you look MAUVELOUS....nice noggin, man O0

tleiland - Welcome - and the dome looks great, bro
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline PBurke

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 03:49:07 PM »
welcome sir.

Treat people with respect, or just ignore them!

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
We're glad to have you here Leiland
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »
Welcome to the group, tleiland!
I second the headblade thing, too.  the first few times using HB after the mach3 was very bloody.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 08:33:26 PM »
if you keep the wheel (Head Blade Sport Model) and the plastic nub (HB Classic) in contact with your head at all times while you push the razor along your head, you should be nick free. It's only when the wheel/nub comes up off your head that I would think nicks with the HB razors would occur. There is a great little "how to" shave on HeadBlade's website.

I have tried a regular razor and the HB Classic, and prefer the HB, hands down.

Keep it Sly, you look great.
Schro

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Christian

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »
I shaved now for the fourth time with the HeadBlade. It gets better. Still have a few razor bumps but it gets better. Atm I shave about every three days because I want those bumps to heal a little bit b4 shaving again. Everytime I look in the mirror I am worried about how these bumps look but I am pretty sure that I get used to use the HeadBlade and also that my head gets used to be shaved again.

I am glad to read that a lot of you here had the problem with shaving the first times with HeadBlade. I just hate it when the head looks a little red, having razor burn and these bumps. Makes the feeling about beeing bald by choice not the best.

But as I said ... I keep on shaving ... and hope that all these little side problems will be gone by the next few weeks. ;)

Just found some older pics of me beeing bald and I remember that in summer I shaved nearly every day and had nearly no problems at all. Was using the Mach3 then. Guess I will get used to the HeadBlade, too. And it is much faster using it then using another Blade.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 02:08:43 PM »
I've been using headblade for about a month. I cut myself the first few times I used it, once pretty bad. I cut my ear though, I was just being careless. There's a pic of it on my myspace, it's pretty funny, the amount of blood that came from that one little ass cut was unbelievable. Anywho, I am used to the HB now (I use the sport, by the way), and I love it. I use it with Gillette Sensor 3 blades and headslick.

-Cam

Offline Tom McGarry.

• SBG Rules !!!
  • Sly Bureau
  • I LOVE BEING AN SBG!!!!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 02:23:38 PM »
I've been using headblade for about a month. I cut myself the first few times I used it, once pretty bad. I cut my ear though, I was just being careless. There's a pic of it on my myspace, it's pretty funny, the amount of blood that came from that one little ass cut was unbelievable. Anywho, I am used to the HB now (I use the sport, by the way), and I love it. I use it with Gillette Sensor 3 blades and headslick.

-Cam
Hey Cam;
                            You should try using the Head Shed before you shave, I actually use it before and after my shave and I've never been smoother, I'll bet your girlfriend will like it.
AKA: The Original Canadian HeadBlader

Offline juventus206

• Sly Jr.
  • I'm far to good looking to have hair.
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »
I agree, the Head Shed works great.

chadoweasel

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 03:44:18 PM »
Im still under the impression that the HB is more hype than function. I have had one for a few years now and I still dont use it as my main razor. It just cuts me too much. The Fusion hasnt ever cut or knicked me.

If HB ever makes a version that can use the Fusion blade, I WILL then be a confirmed HB user. Until then, its more of a novelty that I WISH was perfect. I still support HB for what they are TRYING to do.

Offline Cam

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • The honey tastes sweeter when you anger the bees.
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
Im still under the impression that the HB is more hype than function. I have had one for a few years now and I still dont use it as my main razor. It just cuts me too much. The Fusion hasnt ever cut or knicked me.

If HB ever makes a version that can use the Fusion blade, I WILL then be a confirmed HB user. Until then, its more of a novelty that I WISH was perfect. I still support HB for what they are TRYING to do.

Really? My Fusion could never get me as smooth as the HB does. What I really wish is that they would make an adapter to use the Mach 3 heads, that would be ideal.

Offline medicineman

• Head shaver/Beard grower
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 04:27:57 PM »

I totally agree with you!  I own an S4, and that totally blows the plastic HB's away, it still doesn't provide as good a shave as a Fusion.

Enter your email address: