Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 10526 times)

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: WOW!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 07:06:57 AM »
I use an electric and while a regular razor may get slightly closer(mainly against the grain), the difference is so minimal that when you factor you can shave without a mirror and that for the most part it has eliminated all cuts/irritation it's worth it.   

I think there are a good number who use the HeadBlade in the shower and don't use a mirror either though. I know I don't...just send the hands searching for the rough spots.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 08:47:58 AM »
like the one Santa use to ride in the old commercial

LOL !! .... I totally remember that commercial  :D

I remember it being during the break during "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer" or "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

Boy, that dates us, Bill.

Offline David

• the v-train is coming through
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • being sly flying high
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 09:26:18 AM »
I use an electric and while a regular razor may get slightly closer(mainly against the grain), the difference is so minimal that when you factor you can shave without a mirror and that for the most part it has eliminated all cuts/irritation it's worth it.   

I think there are a good number who use the HeadBlade in the shower and don't use a mirror either though. I know I don't...just send the hands searching for the rough spots.

A lot of it has to do with my lack of left hand coordination, so it can make things difficult.   I like my electric, I only hate the 8 hour charge time.
bald for life

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 06:05:08 PM »

I remember it being during the break during "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer" or "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

Yeah, but Rob, that commercial, like the Coca-Cola "I'd Like To Teach The WOrld To Sing" are classics that folk of our generation still remember.  I remember a friend describing his razor as the kind "Santa rode"
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 06:15:59 PM »

Yeah, but Rob, that commercial, like the Coca-Cola "I'd Like To Teach The WOrld To Sing" are classics that folk of our generation still remember.  I remember a friend describing his razor as the kind "Santa rode"

Ok... you two need to just stop talking right now!  Here I was feeling all young at heart and you guys bring back the old memories from before alot of these guys were born...

I think I'll go plug in my heating pad now...  :(

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 06:19:53 PM »

Ok... you two need to just stop talking right now!  Here I was feeling all young at heart and you guys bring back the old memories from before alot of these guys were born...

You remember those too, Rob?
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

BaldRob

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2007, 06:23:07 PM »

You remember those too, Rob?

Sure do... pardon me whilst I go get my walker....  :(

Offline Johnny

• Sly Finance Guy
  • Sly
    • NCompass Financial, LLC
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »
Oh damn!!! I remember that very nice shave trail he left behind him as he rode through the snow.

BaldRob

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 06:42:57 PM »
Oh damn!!! I remember that very nice shave trail he left behind him as he rode through the snow.

How about movie... Free to Be You and Me!!

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 10:03:50 PM »

If I remember correctly, Santa wasn't hanging on to anything....just lettin' his arms go up & down....with a big ol' grin on his face.

Enter your email address: