Author Topic: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?  (Read 102503 times)

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?
« on: August 28, 2006, 05:21:24 PM »

As I am a fairly new "recruit" to the BBC "Army", how often should I shave my head to keep the "bald" look ?

I have been told by a barber that I should shave it every day to keep my head smooth & hair-free. How often do you shave your head ?

BaldBill

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: How Often ought I shave my head to keep the "bald" style ?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:13:58 PM »
Bilko - welcome to Sly Bald Guys!

To be completely hair free on your head, you would need to do this about as often as you would your face.  So, if you have to shave everyday to keep your face hair free, then you'll probably have to have the same routine for your head.

If I want a completely hair free head, I have to shave everyday.  But, I shave every other day, sometimes going 3 full days if I'm in a hurry the morning that I would normally shave my head.  I'm completely bald by choice because I'm thinning and I have a small bald patch on the crown of my head, so I can go two to three full days and still have it look as though I'm bald by choice.  Anymore than that and it's evident that I'm going bald.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline fcb2001

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (11 June to 11 July 2010)
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Bald for Life
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 01:15:18 PM »
I have been shaving my head on a daily basis since early 2005, i prefer being slick bald, i dont feel the same when i start to stubble

Offline tom

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »
I use the razor every day or two during the week. On weekends, I let it go. Gives me a break from shaving.

Cheers,
T.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 10:00:50 PM »
Thanks Tom!  Welcome to Sly Bald Guys.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 03:28:08 PM »
I usually shave everyday, I might slack on the weekends occaisonally. It depends on the time I get up on the weekend and what I'm doing the rest of the day.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline gidbg

• Sly Jr.
  • Just living the bald guy life
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 12:14:58 AM »
i shave my head every two to three days any longer inbetween shaving and it becomes a real pain.

Offline Yeti

• "Fear profits a man nothing"
  • Sly Moderator
  • Super Sly
  • Big, Bald, & Friendly... ~Yeti
    • Yeti's Realm (MySpace Page)
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 02:19:10 AM »

If I want a completely hair free head, I have to shave everyday.  But, I shave every other day, sometimes going 3 full days if I'm in a hurry the morning that I would normally shave my head.  I'm completely bald by choice because I'm thinning and I have a small bald patch on the crown of my head, so I can go two to three full days and still have it look as though I'm bald by choice.  Anymore than that and it's evident that I'm going bald.

lol too funny same exact for me... huge forehead, almost connecting to the bare crown, and around 3 days without shaving I still look bald hehe 
~Yeti
-------------
Tyler's Assister w/ creation of SBG & 1st Mod (now I am Elusive, but ALWAYS watching. hehe
-------------
BIG, FURRY, & BALD: Tattooes almost 300 hrs, Piercings several, Gamer; Internet 13+ yrs, Movies, Music, Drinks w/ friends, Ladies, my kids.
-------------

Offline Noner

• I don't go shopping for hats. Hats go shopping for me.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Not a real doctor but would like to play one on TV
    • Nonerville
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 07:41:52 AM »
 ???

The worst thing to do is shave everyday! There is nothing worse than razor burn on your neck or back of the head wear the hair is the thickest. Shaving my head for 10 years and I believe the optimum schedule is twice a week. No bumps, no razor burn, no irritation.

I personally shave every Wed and Saturday morning and that seems to work the best.

Noner

Offline PigPen

• Single... and lovin it baby!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:54:10 AM »
I've never really had a problem with irritation. Although, having a full head of hair naturally, I get stubble the same afternoon. Bugs me quite a bit. To each his own I say though.
In a bacon and eggs breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. BE THE PIG!!!

Offline happyharry

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • bald, bold and beautiful
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:57:59 AM »
I love it when my head is freshly shaven, and I always keep touching and stroking my pate for a while after
shaving - I sit on the couch and watch some TV or I'm online, and every now and then my hand moves (on its own, it seems) to my head and glides through it a few times ... aaahhh (sigh).

What I always hate are stubbles that appear a few hours after shaving (they become quite noticeable the next morning), and then I stop stroking my head so much. They just spoil everything...

Anyway, I try to shave my head every third day. Sometimes an entire week can go by till the next shave. When I first started shaving it was every second day (it was exciting to shave back then, but I never shaved every day, I was afraid it would create to much irritation for me. )
Now I always have to force myself to pick up the razor and get it done (but I still enjoy it when I'm at it).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:01:37 AM by happyharry »
Who loves ya, baby?

Offline CarlosMIS

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 02:27:36 PM »
Happy Harry, I totally feel the same way. I shave my head and my hands go on their own to feel my head. I shave every 2 or max 3 days. And I hate the stubbles too.

Oh yeah, and my hands play with my mustache too!!!
They go from none to much hair!
 :D
Sincerely Bald,
Carlos

Offline Bald Medic

• Learning the way of Sly
    • My Space
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 05:34:10 AM »
Me personally I can't stand stubble so I shave everyday...If I have a date and I shaved that morning I might even shave for a second time before I head out....It doesn't get too irritated if you clean your head with alchol before and after you shave, It burns like a mother but it keeps away the razor bumps

KrasH

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 01:30:08 PM »
I have been shaving my head on a daily basis since early 2005, i prefer being slick bald, i dont feel the same when i start to stubble

What I refer to as Velcro Head :)

Offline Lex Luethor

• Sly Jr.
  • This *is* my happy face.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »
I have to shave everyday to retain that overall feeling of bald-sexiness that women seem not to notice.

Enter your email address: