Author Topic: Question for Head Blade users  (Read 21653 times)

Offline schro

• WORK SUCKS, I'M GOING GOLFING.
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Question for Head Blade users
« on: December 08, 2006, 03:38:40 PM »
As some of you know, I have yet to don the shaved look (26 days and counting before shave day). I am leaning towards getting a HeadBlade and some HeadSlick. To me, it just seems like such a cool product that would make it easy to for a newbie like me to stop delaying the inevitable. For those of you that use HB products, which do you prefer, the "Classic" or the Sport? From what I read, most prefer the Sport model. Also, what type of razors do you prefer with each model? Thanks.

Agonizing over what cannot be is an insult to what is.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Question for Head Blade users
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:04:59 PM »
Great question!

I have not tried the classic but I figured the sport would be easier to use to glide across your scalp since it has wheels that roll versus sliding the bottom of the razor on your scalp.  I have really enjoyed using the sport along with the HeadSlick.  I prefer the 3 blades versus the two.  I actually got less nicks when using the 3 blades.  I accidently bought the two blades so I'm using those right now, but will go back to the 3 blades when I get done with them.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 04:09:40 PM »
Thanks Tyler.
Did you get the HeadBlade brand of 3 blades or another kind? The reason I'm asking is that if I'm going to order a HB Sport from their website, I might as well order replacement HB blades as well, unless there's a better and/or cheaper alternative at a local store (I live in the Sacramento area). 

Looking forward to becoming Sly in appearance soon.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 04:14:54 PM »
I used the HB brand that came with the razor.  When I went to buy replacements at the store I accidently bought the 2 blades.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 04:26:21 PM »
so, most sized cartridges fit the HB Sport?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 04:36:11 PM »
This is what it says on their website:

The HeadBlade® accepts the Gillette® Atra® pivoting twin blades. Look for the NEW Gillette® Atra® with Comfort Blade in your local store. This amazing blade utilizes the MachIII technology. We currently sell both twin blade and a triple blade replacement kits in our online store.  Both blades are compatible with every HeadBlade we sell.  When using the triple blade make sure to use the yellow adaptor (included in kit).

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 04:41:29 PM »
Guess I could have answered my own questions. Thanks, Tyler.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 04:41:40 PM »
To be honest, I don't know if you can buy the 3 bladed razors anywhere but their website.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »
Guess I could have answered my own questions. Thanks, Tyler.

You're welcome.  I just wanted to point out that it said it on their website so you know you were getting official information.

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »
I was most interested in finding out if there were places (other than their official website) to get replacement blades.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 04:56:58 PM »
I was most interested in finding out if there were places (other than their official website) to get replacement blades.

I'm sure someone will come along in the next day or two and know the answer we're both looking for.   ;)

Offline schro

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »
Thanks, enjoy the weekend.

Offline Robmeister

• The Duke of SLY
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • I'm not this handsome in real life
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 05:39:06 PM »
Yeah, Schro...I have yet to don the chrome dome as well....and I too think it's a no-brainer to use the HeadBlade stuff.  If I'm not mistaken, can't the HeadBlade be replaced with a standard brand, like from Gillette or somethin'

Here's a tip I picked up from the guys for the fresh melon shadow factor when that time comes to shave.

Offline Medic aka Rocko

• Super Sly
  • Yikes
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 09:02:36 PM »

It depends on which blades you're referring to.  The HB will take the Gillette Atra blade and the Gilette Sensor blade (with a Sensor adaptor).  I'm not sure about their new triple and double blades.  I've always used Atra's.  Buy them pretty cheap on e-bay.  I did try out the triple blade, it didn't do it for me.  Missed way too much.  Other's really like them. 

Offline ar3inc

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Oh yes, I'm back and in black
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »
I have yet to take the plunge in to buying the new sport or the adapter for the three-blade for my classic, but I was curious about the same concept.  From looking at the blades its looks like in is simply the Mach3 razors without pivoting neck that connects to the razor handle.  Maybe some one out there using the three-blade HeadBlade can test my theory.  I will not be buying my sport HeadBlade until after Christmas, so if no answer by then I let everyone know.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."  Braveheart, 1995

Enter your email address: