Author Topic: fastest method with less water?  (Read 2081 times)

Offline Zeus661

• Learning the way of Sly
fastest method with less water?
« on: June 11, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »
I started shaving my head about 3 weeks ago.  I have only shaved it in the shower about every 2-4 days.  I also shave my face in the shower with a different razor.  Currently using a Mach 3 on my face and Headblade on my head.  It doesn't seem one will work well for both.  Anyway it appears to take more time than I would like and while doing it I allow the water to run.  Are there any tricks for speeding it up?  Thanks

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: fastest method with less water?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:38:13 PM »
For me... I don't like rushing a shave.  I enjoy the process of all my face and dome shaves.  I treat it like my spa-like and zen-like moment in which I get away from the world.  I shave the traditional way with shaving soap/cream and shaving brush.

Hope some one here can chime in and have some suggestions to speed up your shave routine.  I hope you consider shaving the traditional way because it makes shaving less of a chore but a joy.

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:07:24 PM »
There is nothing like the the sensation of a shave with a brush and double edge, but unlike Warhawk, I don't usually have the time to enjoy shaving as much as I wish I could. I usually have to shave in the shower with just a Fusion. After a little practice, it now works well for both my face and scalp. It takes me less than five minutes now.

The important thing is not to rush things initially. Just like with your beard, there is some learning required for head shaving. The more you do it, the easier and faster it gets.
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:34:25 AM »
I agree with the fellows not to rush ... on the other hand I've allotted a certain amount of time to my morning routine so I seldom linger.

First, the amount of time *required* will decrease as it becomes more ingrained in your process. For me, it was just around the one-month mark when I noticed the greatest reduction in time.

Second, I have the water running the whole time as well, but I adjust the volume more towards trickle when shaving.

But mostly ... enjoy the experience. Every time.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Offline Sly Red Eye

• Sly Red Eye
  • Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »
 I've never used the head shaver, but like 3 months ago I was using the Gillette fusion and it did take me more time to shave my head and my face, mostly because the blades are tougher to rinse out and in my opinion and don't work as well as a double edge razor.  Since I've been using a double edge razor I have gotten a faster shave now that I am more experienced with it.  Needless to say DON'T GO TOO FAST.

I did something quite stupid earlier this week that I hope to never do again...  Alright so I just started using shaving cream again since I got more because for 2 weeks before that I was just using mineral oil which was a bit tough to shave, so I applied more pressure to the blade.  Little did I know I did the same thing 2 weeks later with shaving cream and butchered my head like crazy.  Blood just kept poring out of my head, so I put aftershave on like I usually do and it still kept rushing out of my head, so I decided to do something really stupid and clean it off with shampoo.  little did I know that this would burn like hell!!!  LESSON LEARNED, SHAVE AT YOUR OWN PACE OR BUTCHER YOUR FACE (HEAD).  lolz

Offline geeman

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:53:46 AM »
Yep...you can't rush a good shave....I use a Mach 3 on work days, and my de at the weekend....but I often don't shave at the weekends....unless I'm out out....as opposed to just going out....if you get me lol.... I'm out out tomorrow so looking forward to a nice de shave