Poll

When shaving your head, do you shave against the grain or with it?

Against the grain
69 (92%)
With the grain
6 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: Against the grain?  (Read 32405 times)

X The Hierophant

Re: Against the grain?
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2007, 01:15:45 PM »
X, that sounds good. I am 3 days into this now, and so far I have mostly stayed with the grain. I am worried that I may cause too much irritation.

But so far I can't believe how easy it's becoming. I am currrently using headslick,which seems to work well. Shaving with the HB sport in the shower; then clean up with my Mach III while I shave the face.

Maybe some of the fellas' can give a little input on the difference between headslick and headlube?

Joe

I was worried about irritation too, but so far no nicks and no serious razor burn (I get some minor burn on my third shave with the same razor ... but it goes away within 30 minutes).  I also use headslick and a HB Sport and clean up and shave my face with a Mach 3.  I've been using the mach 3 on my face for a long while.

As for the difference between the headslick and headlube ... headslick is shaving cream and headlube is lotion.  I love the headlube (I apply about 5 minutes after my head dries off).

Also, I have a bottle of headshed at home, and while I like it I'm not sure I will buy it again.  It's just not essential.  I mean isn't a razor a pretty good exfoliant?

Headslick and Headlube is a must though... I love that stuff.

Offline YOSP

• Super Sly
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2007, 01:44:43 PM »
I've been shaving with and then against the grain all this week, and you can't beat the look and feel...plus the irritation that I was afraid of has been virtually non-existent. Not to mention the shadow went virtually away which is even better. I'm just hoping that the irritation stays at-bay. Against the grain is def the way to go.   

Dadillac

« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2007, 03:21:32 PM »
I shave strictly against the grain for my head. On my face I start with the grain, and go against on the second pass. I finish both head and face with a dry shave against the grain for anyplaces I miss. I am not happy unless I am baby smooth when done. Even if that means passing over the same spot 5 or 6 times.

Don

Offline hipstersaint

• Sly
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »
both... first pass with, then re rather and against. gotta be smoooooooooooooooth