Author Topic: Headblade ATX  (Read 59286 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2012, 05:15:25 PM »
Just checked the Head Blade site, just in case they had released the new ATX already. Guess it will have to wait a few more days. I doubt they'll intro on Labor Day, a holiday Monday, here in the states.

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
  • "THE MORE HAIR I SHAVE THE MORE HEAD I GET"
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »
I will be picking one up,Ever since I started shaving my head and using the headblade sport I always managed to cut nice big chunks out of my scalp. Then I flipped the blade around and have been shaving with the pull method daily for the last 3+ weeks problem free. My only complaint was it sat lose on my finger doing it that way,but I see the atx was made for my method so Hell ya I think it will be great for me. O:O
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:50:28 AM by justtom »

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
justtom - interesting that reversing the blade works that well.

by the way - really like the smiley in your signature, ironic though that the majority of smileys are bald and one that is shaving is not bald and is only shaving his face.

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:52 PM »
Huh skram never even noticed that.Yes I gave the sport a honest to goodness try the correct way.But, even after taking it very slow watching videos trying at  least five different brands and style of blades purchasing shaving oil and head slick I still took out chucks of meet from the dome.It just never felt right pushing a blade as apposed to pulling it as i normally do.So I reversed the blade and now pull it across the dome in the shower blinded in no time at all.Still looking for the perfect shave my Shick Quattro blades gives me unfortunately they don't fit the sport.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:24:21 PM by justtom »

Offline mahaw90

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 09:16:46 AM »
Those of you who have bought one, please tell me your thoughts on it, I would love to know. Cheers

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
I was in the group that received a preproduction ATX. I'm such a fan of it that I ordered a second one that I plan on using for face shaving. I'll be sure to review the retail ATX once I get mine but I give the preproduction one a 5 out of 5.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline skram

• Sly
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »
I was in the group that received a preproduction ATX. I'm such a fan of it that I ordered a second one that I plan on using for face shaving. I'll be sure to review the retail ATX once I get mine but I give the preproduction one a 5 out of 5.

Did you try out your test model for face shaving?  How does it compare to other razors for that use?

I'm really interested to see how well it works there as I get such a better shave on my dome with my Sport than I do with my Fusion or Hydro on my face. Both in terms of smoothness and irritation.  I can make a couple of passes on my head with no issues, but any attempt at more than one pass on my face always leaves me with irritation.

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
Actually curiosity got the better of my the other day so I put the 4 blade back on my ATX and shaved my face, not bad; I did have to break out the fusion to get some spots above and below my lips but other than that it did a pretty good job. I'm eager to try out the 6 blades with the ATX. My 4 blade has lasted about a month total so far so I'm eager to see if the 6 will have the same kind of longevity.
-Winston Churchill

Offline justtom

• ~BALD BY CHOICE~
  • Sly
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 02:02:51 PM »
greatnessinc you say you get about a month out of one blade what am I am I doing wrong here ? I shave daily and I am lucky to get a full week just on the dome alone.That is why I went ahead and ordered a DE for the face should be here by Tuesday.Man I just wish I could find a good long lasting high performance blade for my head. Are you BBC I am and I have that sandpaper fell and 5 o clock shadow on the dome within 8hrs.

Offline tomcj2

• Sly
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »
what am I am I doing wrong here ?

Rinse the blade well, use an old tooth brush to get between the blades, rinse again, shake it off, and dribble a little rubbing alcohol on it.  Shake it again, and strop it on a clean towel.  Store it in a dry place(probably not your bathroom)

I can get at least a month and a half out of a M3 blade,  I am on week 3 of a HeadBlade, and it is still (almost) like new.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:54:21 PM by tomcj2 »

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 08:03:48 PM »
greatnessinc you say you get about a month out of one blade what am I am I doing wrong here ? I shave daily and I am lucky to get a full week just on the dome alone.That is why I went ahead and ordered a DE for the face should be here by Tuesday.Man I just wish I could find a good long lasting high performance blade for my head. Are you BBC I am and I have that sandpaper fell and 5 o clock shadow on the dome within 8hrs.
I'm talking about the new 4 blade that came on the ATX I was given. I only get 7 shaves out of the triple blade. I have a lot of hair around the horse shoe but I choose to shave it so yes I am BBC. The 4 & 6 blade cartridges are available online from Headblade now as is the ATX I recommend them all.
-Winston Churchill

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:19:40 AM by Tyler »

Offline greatnessinc

• Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 09:56:55 AM »
I highly recommend the combo of the ATX and the 6 blade.
-Winston Churchill

Offline Mike_412

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
Good news and bad news.  I received my order this past Thursday.  I used the ATX that evening and I wasn't impressed with the shave at all.  Very patchy.  I figured since it was my 1st shave there was a getting used to it period similar to when I 1st used my Headblade Sport.  Unfortunately, I had the same result for my 2nd shave.  I think I may have gotten a dull blade or something.  During my 2nd shave, I actually grabbed my Headblade Sport mid shave and tried the 4 blade on there and it wasn't much better to be honest.  This is coming from someone that is a huge fan of Headblade and have enjoyed using their Headblade Sport and triple blades for some time now.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a different blade as I really like the design of the ATX (the grip is awesome imo) and prefer the pulling as opposed to pushing action.

One thing I wasn't aware of is that the ATX comes with two 4 blade razors.  Maybe I didn't see it on their website, but I wasn't aware (thinking it came with 1) and bought a pack of the 4 blade razors instead of the 6.  I would have bought a pack of the 6 blades instead in order to do a comparison.  I didn't want to make a decision on the 4 blade razor if it only came with one which is what I thought.  Just a heads up for anyone that may be of a similar mindset when placing an order.

On a side note, I also bought Clearhead for the 1st time and I absolutely love it.  The stuff rocks and I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.  I will also be purchasing some Headshed as well. The little sample was fantastic. It made me crave chocolate, but was fantastic nonetheless.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:24:12 PM by Mike_412 »

Offline antoniom

• Sly
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
Good news and bad news.  I received my order this past Thursday.  I used the ATX that evening and I wasn't impressed with the shave at all.  Very patchy.  I figured since it was my 1st shave there was a getting used to it period similar to when I 1st used my Headblade Sport.  Unfortunately, I had the same result for my 2nd shave.  I think I may have gotten a dull blade or something.  During my 2nd shave, I actually grabbed my Headblade Sport mid shave and tried the 4 blade on there and it wasn't much better to be honest.  This is coming from someone that is a huge fan of Headblade and have enjoyed using their Headblade Sport and triple blades for some time now.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try a different blade as I really like the design of the ATX (the grip is awesome imo) and prefer the pulling as opposed to pushing action.

One thing I wasn't aware of is that the ATX comes with two 4 blade razors.  Maybe I didn't see it on their website, but I wasn't aware (thinking it came with 1) and bought a pack of the 4 blade razors instead of the 6.  I would have bought a pack of the 6 blades instead in order to do a comparison.  I didn't want to make a decision on the 4 blade razor if it only came with one which is what I thought.  Just a heads up for anyone that may be of a similar mindset when placing an order.

On a side note, I also bought Clearhead for the 1st time and I absolutely love it.  The stuff rocks and I will definitely be purchasing more in the future.  I will also be purchasing some Headshed as well as the little sample was fantastic.  It made me crave chocolate, but was fantastic nonetheless.
for your head + face or head only?

Enter your email address: