Author Topic: Headblade ATX  (Read 59160 times)

Offline -Doug-

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
  • Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
    • Gabe's Shirt Goes To..
Re: Headblade ATX
« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2013, 04:32:18 AM »
Hi everyone :) as I'm new here my apologies if this has already been discussed.
After reading about it, I ordered the ATX  and other associated goodies (such as the stand and case) from the HeadBlade website I am now eagerly waiting for it to arrive so that I can perform my very first headshave.

Today I looked at the ATX instructional video and it says right at the end that the spring needs to be replaced once per month. What?? Does anyone know about this? Thanks :)

Welcome Crowbar! Post up a proper intro in our Introductions section so that the rest of the members can welcome you and get to know you.

As to you question, Lynchy covered it pretty well. I would only add that you can probably stretch that month out a little. I use the Sport blade adapters on the ATX and I can't remember the last time I changed it. They seem to have a pretty long life.

Also, you can click on any of the HeadBlade banners on this site to get 20% off of you order. It also helps this site out.
Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.

Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
Change: Know that nothing stays the same.

Offline clarinetguy

• BBC and Sly since April 22,2012
  • Super Sly
« Reply #136 on: February 21, 2013, 12:10:39 PM »
Welcome to the board Crowbar. Keep us posted on your progress.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #137 on: February 21, 2013, 01:05:42 PM »
I don't think it necessary to change the adapter every month, I rarely change mine.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2013, 11:22:40 PM »
Found a four-pack of blades at Rite Aid Today. Already had the ATX, but could not find replacement blades. So I shaved with it today...It did a very nice job, took me roughly 10 minutes, and I was able to shave behind the ears, something I could not do with the Sport. It's nice to have something that you can use when you need a headshave fast.....I give it 8.5 out of 10
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline greatnessinc

• One part iron man one part superman
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • Semper Sly!
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2013, 07:24:07 AM »
Found a four-pack of blades at Rite Aid Today. Already had the ATX, but could not find replacement blades. So I shaved with it today...It did a very nice job, took me roughly 10 minutes, and I was able to shave behind the ears, something I could not do with the Sport. It's nice to have something that you can use when you need a headshave fast.....I give it 8.5 out of 10
Try out the 6 blade cartridges when you get a chance.
"Ifyou're going through hell, just keep going"
-Winston Churchill

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2013, 06:28:22 PM »
8.5 out of 10

Wow... That's some pretty high praise!

I am digging the sport at the moment and wonder if its worth the cost of getting one posted to AUS?

Is it that much better?
Lynchy

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »

[/quote]
Try out the 6 blade cartridges when you get a chance.
[/quote]

I may have to order those online...The pack of four blades was the last one on the shelf...though they still had the ATX blade itself still there.[quote author=Lynchy link=topic=17923.msg306457#msg306

Wow... That's some pretty high praise!

I am digging the sport at the moment and wonder if its worth the cost of getting one posted to AUS?

Is it that much better?
[/quote]

Unlike the Sport, there is no wrong way to shave....and it took fewer passes than the sport did to get the scalp clean....The only downside is that you may have to touch up with a smaller razor in those hard to shave places, but that's no big deal IMO.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2013, 09:26:58 PM »
I was hoping to receive my ATX kit last week, didn't happen, really hope it gets here soon.
What with all the positive praise it gets on this forum I can hardly wait to start using it.

Offline NoPony

• Sly
    • James Barley Woodturner
« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »
Received my ATX this morning, just in time for my morning shave.
The maiden voyage went well, no surprise, and most of all no blood letting.
I'm sure it'll get even better after a short learning curve and some minor adjustments to my technique.
The tiny size sort of took me by surprise when I opened the box, plus HeadBlades package security thingy caused a bit excitment when I was exiting the post office.